Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Silly Man Slaps Porcupine!

Eldorado

Did that article say he hit it three times?... Wow... Most people I know would have figured it out after 1 hit... If not well before...

And how do you confuse an Opossum with a porcupine?.... I wouldn't want to hit a possum either, BTW... They are not timid, peaceable critters!

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

Did that article say he hit it three times?... Wow... Most people I know would have figured it out after 1 hit... If not well before...

And how do you confuse an Opossum with a porcupine?.... I wouldn't want to hit a possum either, BTW... They are not timid, peaceable critters!

I agree, we get some huge possum out here and they are just about the most ornery creatures I've ever had the misfortune to come across. Can't stand them or porcupines, they're just selfish...

But just the thought of slapping a porcupine made me think of that one super bowl commercial years back where a koala bear wearing glasses got punched in the face (not a real one) and the look it had afterward made me almost fall back out of my chair laughing... I wonder if the porcupine was laughing on the floor after the guy realized what he'd done...

• Like 2

Natural selection at work. Darwin would be so proud.

• Like 1

I saw a bumper sticker once: "If you ain't been Possum hissed, you ain't shoo poo" It was a Louisiana thing, I think :) Not sure what it meant but you are right, messing with a Possum isn't recommended :w00t: As for slapping a porcupine - that sounds like a drunk stupid thing to do ;)
  • Like 2

Owwww! That was too painful to think about. What's next, juggling long-spined black sea urchins?

• Like 1

Ouch! That was a daft thing to do, and something he won't do again in a hurry. That is if he's got any sense.....which is dubious. I can't imagine what he was thinking of doing that in the first place.

• Like 1

Porcupines make some interesting noises when eating corn. Nom, nom, nom.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 3

[media=]

[/media]

I'll bet this knucklehead made some interesting noises after he slapped one!

• Like 2

Speaking of painful, years back we had a case of a woman being armadilloed by some guy selling dead frozen armadillos for food. Apparently, the woman didn't like the quality of the armadillo and refused to buy them so the guy reared back and threw the armadillo at her. Seem to remember he went to jail for assault and the lady got some type of citation, not sure how the outcome was but I can't imagine being smacked in the face with a frozen armadillo. Only Chris Holmes from the band WASP would know that feeling as he got smacked with some frozen meat at one of their concerts. It used to be the thing for raw meat to be thrown on stage at their concerts but I would think you would have the courtesy to defrost it first, geez...

• Like 1

I was raised on a farm and we had a lot of porcupines around. Sometimes the dogs would come home with needles all over their nose and face. I found, the best way to remove them, is to cut the ends off with scissors and then pull them out. When you cut the ends off, it somewhat releases the tension on the barb and doesn't hurt the animal as much.

Another thing about porcupines, they like to chew on rubber like hydraulic lines and brake lines. We used to take a flexible spring just bigger than the line and cover it with the spring. Something like a door spring. We used springs on our tractors hydraulic lines and our vehicles brake lines.

Also, when I went through survival, escape, and evasion training in the service, the instructors mentioned that you should never kill a porcupine just for the sake of killing it. Porcupines are one of the best survival foods there is, because you can kill them with a big rock, or a club to eat them.

Edited by odiesbsc
  • Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

You see! Redhen, thank you for proving my point... selfish little critters, them and possum... :yes:

• Like 1