Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained loud Popping noise

nerdoboy

I think you should get an electrician to check your house since i feel it may have been something to do with your electricity , faulty wiring etc this can lead to a fire if not checked. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Before getting to the topic, thank you all who have shared your experiences in this regard. This will help to shed some light on questions. I too joined only for this thread.

I’m a grieving soul. My loved one, my semi-feral cat, was taken a year and a half ago. As I simply cannot deal with her not being here, I desperately have been trying to learn more about death, spirits, theories of afterlife, paranormal investigations, ways to establish “contacts”, the possibility of me going after her, etc. I’m an irreligious non-superstitious person, I simply do not care about religion and given that religion is forced where I am (somewhere in Asia), I don’t want to have anything to do with religion, I don’t believe in the god or hell or heaven described in most religions and I’ve been trying to find out what happens to our loved ones who aren’t here through spiritual theories and I still don’t have anything as evidence to believe/don’t believe in spirits but just in case they do exist, many times I begged anything that’s out there to let me get in contact with my loved one. There have been some … unlikely and unusual things happening ever since she wasn’t here but not wanting to delude myself and not having a tangible or actual evidence, I chalk them up mostly to wishful thinking and an aching and bleeding mind desperately trying to soothe itself.

I live in a metropolitan area, an apartment complex, far from any factories or heavy electrical equipments, the AC is central, so no heaters and I don’t use any drugs, meds or alcohol or anything else that might influence my judgement. The sound you described has been one of these, however, I heard this sound that was a lot like an average light bulb or a particularly thick balloon bursting or a very large thick glass suddenly cracking, two times. The first time it was many years back, around 8pm, she (my cat) was right beside me and I was busy on my computer. I heard the pop from my back, relatively far from me which I assumed, must have been from an electric plug that was back there. I got up, searched all over for any signs since I was worried about the risk of an electrical fire starting but there was nothing. The plug seemed fine and functioned normally, no particular smell, no darkness that’d signify heat, no changes in temperature, nothing out of ordinary. She too looked in that direction but didn’t react to it in any other way. Still, due to the fact that, that one had a direction and the tricks of electricity and the fault in what we humans design, I can still see that as some electrical malfunction that was maybe inside the wall that I failed to notice or something.

The second one, only about a week ago … was not as easily explainable. It was around 10pm local time. I was not thinking about anything in particular, getting tasks done on my pc right in the center of my living room where there is no other furniture but the table and my chair and my laptop. When I heard the sound, I expected two things to happen and neither did: The sound was loud and I definitely expected for my ears to start ringing and since I thought the light bulb about a meter to my back had burst, I expected little shards of glass to rain all over my head. The second unusual characteristic of it was the fact that it had NO direction whatsoever! I couldn’t tell where it came from unlike the first time. If I had to guess, I’d say it came from right above my head, from where it could be considered the center of my hair. Again, due to chances of a house fire, I got up and searched everywhere multiple times until it was past 1am. I found nothing. It definitely couldn’t be said to have come from the wall or the plugs since it sounded near me but with no directions and the living room is sort of a square, so where I was sitting was far from any walls. The sound was loud enough for me to identify it as something close to me too.

Now, I realize that for many, these things are just interesting events but for someone like me, desperately needing to learn about where their loved ones are (if anywhere) and about how they’re doing, I’m very much eager to find the MEANING that might be behind this. Almost all of us here, heard the pop, but does anyone have any beliefs about what that means? I’m honestly somewhat concerned even if this is paranormal and this is why: If I died and somehow could still influence this world, making a bursting sound that’s loud enough to make people feel alarmed would be for me to … express my anger or cause fear, right? Or maybe to warn someone of an immediate danger but sitting in my living room doing meaningless tasks on the pc was not a situation containing immediate danger, was it?

There have been some theories that I barely managed to find online such as: Changing levels of energies fast, makes such sudden signs (based mainly on the belief that spirits are made of a form of plasma similar to lightning) and when spirits travel at high speeds, that could make such a sound. There’s very little that could support this idea so far or am I missing something? What do you think?

Another more common theory was that the pop is a sign that whoever hears it is becoming clairaudient. Um … I heard it many years back for the first time ... and I’m begging to get any signs from any other sides that might exist … and I haven’t … so … does that prove this theory wrong? And why would someone hear that when they’re “waking up” to their extra ordinary senses? Is the afterlife supposedly full of exploding light bulbs for some reason?

What do you think about the meaning of this sound? If we consider it to be related to afterlife, would you consider it a positive message or a negative one?       

To anyone mentioning hallucinations, that simply cannot be the case. I might not know the source of such a sound but I do know that this isn’t a valid guess even. I’m from a heavily scientific background focusing on human anatomy and health. The chances of more than one person getting the EXACT same hallucinations is extremely low to the point that it could be considered almost impossible unless it’d be due to a very obvious artificially-made external elements such as energies of a specific wavelength that by disrupting the current among your brain cells, create false images in people’s mind, being right by you, BUT, even then, the hallucinations would not be identical. Many people here have described hearing the pop with others. We’re not in the same place, yet we’re reporting to have heard the pop from all over the globe most likely from very different settings as well (houses, apartments, rural areas, urban locations, new buildings, old structures, etc. ). Just throwing such signs out the window by only calling everything hallucinations is simply unwise and unhelping and ANYTHING could be called an illusion too. I can very easily claim that the brightness of the daytime people see is just a hallucination if I was that much of a bold unscientific one! And if someone calls anything not explainable hallucinations, I’m not sure why they’re wasting their own time, reading this thread on this forum, almost entirely dedicated to non-tangible phenomena. And for the lucky ones who’ve never been bereaved or grieving, I assure you, on all levels of my being, IF any hallucinations were to happen in my case, it’d be me seeing my loved one right by me or hearing her voice or anything else related to her being well and happy and with me again. I wouldn’t hallucinate about some light bulbs going ‘puff’!  

Thanks for any helping input on this in advance!

P.S.: Sorry for my long post. I thought maybe the extra info and details would help.

Edited by Meaning
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

This happened to me in 2016 in January. It was during a snow storm in the middle of the city off of a busy road during the day. There was about a foot of snow outside and heavy snow falling. As I walked outside of the house and went down the steps (there are four of them) a loud explosion about 10 foot away from me and about 20 foot in the air. There was a bright flash and when I was able to see again, the light seemed right above me in the low clouds, there was still crackling (electrical) noises. And then it was over. I Nobody else noticed and I looked around the neighborhood for damage including on myself as I very frightened as if I was blown up. Hasent happened since. I do practice magick, am empathetic and have had many paranormal experiences in my life. Would love to know what it is, or more so theories.

• 1 month later...

Louisville, KY 

overcast, humid, unsettled atmosphere 

My son and I were watching a movie on an older analog tv. We both startled and jumped at a loud, very loud, pop / snap sound. I seemed to notice a slight flicker of light like a candle, very brief. We both jumped off the couch and I turned the tv and DVD player off. I began feeling the walls and outlets, no smell, no scorching. I don’t think the sound came from anything electrical but rather that it came from the air almost like an intense static discharge. It seemed to come from above the top left corner of the tv. It scared us both. My ear rang for some after the sound. 

Anyone have any new insight on their experiences?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have spent the past hour reading through this thread, and while it is comforting to know that I am not the only one to experience this—and am therefore not losing my mind—it is unfortunate that there is not a confirmed explanation for what is going on.

It happened to me just a couple hours ago, around 2:45AM, in my driveway. I had gotten home about 20 minutes before and, as I often do, stayed seated in my car as I finished listening to the YouTube video I had playing. My window was open. I was just about to pack it in when a bright flash (about the size of a basketball), accompanied by a loud crack, happened immediately to my left, about 4 feet to the side and 6 feet from the ground. It looked and sounded as though a shotgun had just been fired, but my first thought was that someone had thrown a large firecracker at me. While that is unsettling enough at any time and any place, it was almost 3 in the morning in my own driveway in a neighborhood where the houses are about 100 meters apart and 50 meters from the street. And I live with my parents so no goofball roommates playing a prank on me. I immediately booked it inside, grabbed a bat and a flashlight, had my phone at the ready, and went to confront whomever it was (it wasn’t until a while afterwards that the thought of it resembling a rifle being fired occurred to me).

I found nothing. No people. No marks of any kind. No residue left from an explosion. No smell of smoke. Nothing. We have a low-hanging tree with branches directly above where it happened, and the leaves are completely untouched.

I’ve seen weird lights and heard weird sounds a few times before in my life, but I’ve never experienced something like this. I started questioning my sanity before I found this site. I’m not sure if it’s exactly the same thing since it seems like most the people here did not experience a light with the sound, but it otherwise seems pretty consistent.

I am not religious, nor do I believe I am very spiritual. Some people have told that I am, but I am just thoughtful—I will never jump to the paranormal before ruling absolutely everything out. This, however, was very strange. I’ll do a more thorough search when the sun comes up.

One last thing. A poster from just a couple months ago said she was from Central Texas, and so am I. Not sure of the relevance, but the more data we can share, the better the chances of finding a link if there is a link at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MikeMan said:

It happened to me just a couple hours ago, around 2:45AM, in my driveway. I had gotten home about 20 minutes before and, as I often do, stayed seated in my car as I finished listening to the YouTube video I had playing. My window was open. I was just about to pack it in when a bright flash (about the size of a basketball), accompanied by a loud crack, happened immediately to my left, about 4 feet to the side and 6 feet from the ground. It looked and sounded as though a shotgun had just been fired, but my first thought was that someone had thrown a large firecracker at me. While that is unsettling enough at any time and any place, it was almost 3 in the morning in my own driveway in a neighborhood where the houses are about 100 meters apart and 50 meters from the street. And I live with my parents so no goofball roommates playing a prank on me.

Someone once bombed our neighborhood with M-80s fired from a slingshot.  No particular intended targets, just random flying 1/8th sticks of dynamite dropping from the sky and making the loudest noise you ever heard. Even the police never located the source.  (But I know who did it so I know what it was.)

• Haha 2

For the cases where this happens in a house: please be careful and look for an electrical source.  I also experienced that loud popping noise and swore it sounded electrical (almost like an arc) although I never saw a flash or smelled anything out of the ordinary.  After a month or two of them, my refrigerator burned itself out.  So it really WAS something electrical and I was darned lucky to be home and awake when the end came or it could have been very tragic.  A cable box once caught fire, too, although there was no warnings for that one. Electrical devices can behave badly. Consider the pops warning shots across your bow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ScotDeerie That’s a pretty terrifying thought (somebody randomly slingshotting firecrackers around), and while I really thought that’s what it was at first, a firecracker should leave some evidence, even if only a smell, right?

I’m almost sure it was electrical in nature now because I found that two of my clocks had reset themselves at about the same time it happened. Still no idea what it could be, though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MikeMan said:

@ScotDeerie That’s a pretty terrifying thought (somebody randomly slingshotting firecrackers around), and while I really thought that’s what it was at first, a firecracker should leave some evidence, even if only a smell, right?

I’m almost sure it was electrical in nature now because I found that two of my clocks had reset themselves at about the same time it happened. Still no idea what it could be, though.

You'd think a large firework would leave something behind. But maybe it wasn't as close to you as you thought it was and you missed seeing the evidence?  Who knows?  What you described made me think of ball lightening more than anything. Those are often described as disappearing with a loud bang. (Saw one once. It did NOT disappear with a loud bang. It just went out. Not really good evidence to bolster my theory there, huh? :) )

Could there be raw wire on some outside lines?  Maybe something touched/arched? Did a rodent get fried?  The thought of electrical explosions just occurring without an obvious cause might be almost as terrifying as M-80s randomly raining down from the sky, though.  Did your neighbors react to it in any way?  Have you checked with them?  Maybe they had an electrical blip, too.

Edited by ScotDeerie
  • Like 1

@ScotDeerie I had the same thought after I couldn’t find anything—that maybe it was farther out than I perceived, maybe a transformer blowing or something. However, when I went back to my original position, there were no power lines in my line of sight. I also widened the search radius quite a ways farther out, despite it appearing right on top of me, but still haven’t found anything.

I haven’t spoken to any of my neighbors about it. My dad did wake up to the noise but went back to sleep after. It’s odd, but it was only those two clocks that got rebooted—everything else seemed to be working fine as far as I could tell.

When I did some research, ball lightning kept coming up, and while that seems to be a crazy phenomenon of itself, it didn’t quite match what I experienced. 

Not sure what to make of it. The most unsettling part of experiencing things you can’t explain is how little an impact it actually has on your life. While it shocked the hell out of me when it happened, I know there is not really anything I can do about it, so my mind just accepts it and I move on.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MikeMan said:
It’s odd, but it was only those two clocks that got rebooted—everything else seemed to be working fine as far as I could tell.

Would those two clocks be on the same circuit at the fuse box by any chance?  That still wouldn't explain much but it would make me think an electrician visit should be arranged ASAP.  How does the electric come into your house from the main grid?  No overhead wires?  Do any wires run from the house to an outbuilding? 

And since you mentioned it could have perhaps sounded like a gunshot -- was it hunting season? Not that that would matter to someone hunting at night, I suppose.  Up in Indiana there was a woman who was shot while walking her dog, in her apartment complex, on the other side of a line of trees. She was wearing a white scarf.  The "hunter" thought it was a deer and just fired and killed her. And if it was someone doing something illegal it's probably not like they're ever going to come and fess up to it...

Barcelona, Spain

Ok...this just happened to me about 30 mins ago. I'm sitting inside my room, it was 22:24, I was watching a tv show and then the loud pop sound(like a balloon bursting) all of a sudden to my right. It was very loud. I thought maybe someone shot something like a gun or something from the building across the way because my balcony doors are open. Freaked me out and I googled and found this thread....I also found this link(see below) that say moving frames could be the origin but that doesn't explain it for people who heard the same noise while not inside a room....

https://www.cleveland19.com/2019/01/31/hearing-loud-popping-sounds-your-home-youre-not-alone/

• 3 weeks later...

I created an account just to respond to this post. I was recently talking about  an unexplained experience from my teenage years that included this popping noise so googled and this thread came up. 

Here's my story. 

I was approx 16 and babysitting for family friends. The house is rural, closest neighbours approx a five minute walk away. I was looking after three children, the eldest was three and a half and the youngest six months. At maybe 10pm I heard the kids running round their room and the landing. Their room was right above my head. I went to check on them and they were all sound asleep in bed. This happened a number of times and I even stayed at the bottom of the stairs and could hear the feet pattering but no children to go with them. I was entirely freaked out but decided to blame it on heating pipes or something or other. Anyway, the noises stopped and I reasoned it away. 

I can't remember what channel I was watching, but it was after midnight and its final programme ended (this was the late 90's for reference). I walked over to the TV, changed channel to put on the DVD and heard the loudest pop sound. People here are describing a balloon popping, which while the closest thing I could compare the sound to isn't quite right. It was louder than any balloon could ever be and has a slight suck or whoosh attached to the end. Like .01 of a second worth of an added sound. I was sure it came from behind the sofa and it took me about five minutes of standing perfectly still before I checked. Nothing there. No plug sockets even. Literally nothing. 

The parents came home maybe forty minutes later. I didn't say a word about what happened. Was just happy to leave. The mother paid me and we were standing by the front door. The house had a wrap round drive and the husband was sitting in the car at the side of the house waiting to take me home. They had a second car parked maybe three feet from where we were standing. As we stood there saying goodnight the window of the front door shattered and the glass fell outwards. Landing near us but not hitting us. We both freaked out. The husband explained it away saying it had been a hot day, the widow was stuff to roll up and down anyway, etc. etc. 

The pop has always stayed with me. It was such an odd event in a series of odd events that I'll never forget it.  

• 7 months later...

I am shocked that im not the only one hearing this! Its happened to me 2-3 times now. Im always alone when i hear it. Its so loud that it startles me. The last 2 times ive experienced this, i was in deep thought of a deceased friend. . Ive not seen a flash of light though.  But i heard it in my car while driving. It was so loud that my mouth went dry. My windows were up, i didn't run over anything, my radio was off & i was alone. Seemed to b right next to me... any ideas? 

On 2/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I think you should get an electrician to check your house since i feel it may have been something to do with your electricity , faulty wiring etc this can lead to a fire if not checked. 

Then why am i hearing the exact same noise in my car? 

On 7/31/2019 at 3:57 PM, Soli80 said:

Barcelona, Spain

Ok...this just happened to me about 30 mins ago. I'm sitting inside my room, it was 22:24, I was watching a tv show and then the loud pop sound(like a balloon bursting) all of a sudden to my right. It was very loud. I thought maybe someone shot something like a gun or something from the building across the way because my balcony doors are open. Freaked me out and I googled and found this thread....I also found this link(see below) that say moving frames could be the origin but that doesn't explain it for people who heard the same noise while not inside a room....

https://www.cleveland19.com/2019/01/31/hearing-loud-popping-sounds-your-home-youre-not-alone/

Yea, this would make sense but when you hear the exact same noise in your car as youre driving down the road. . . Ive played all kinds of scenarios in my head & i end up ruling them all out. After hearing it again in my tiny newish kia soul, i realized i needed to look into it. . I googled & i found this forum.  . 

This just happened to me. I'm sitting in my room on the computer when suddenly a super loud popping sound like a balloon happens out of nowhere behind me. I check the area and nothing seems out of the ordinary. No idea what it was.

• 4 weeks later...

Weather: Clear, 96°F and slight breeze

Time: 2:43pm Saturday

My spouse and I are hanging out in our bedroom. I'm laying on my bed. My spouse is sitting at the desk with the laptop. We both heard the noise at the same time. The noise  sounded like a crackling noise, like a candy wrapper or bag of chips. It didn't alarm me but I stood up and asked my spouse, "Hey, did you hear that"? My spouse not really paying attention answered, "Yes, but it sounds like it's was closer to you." I was laying flat on my bed when I heard it, the sound was clear on my right ear. I checked around the room. I did a quick inspection of all things electrical. Honestly, that's what it sounded like, an electric crackling, but how was the sound isolated to my right ear AND my spouse heard it too? It sound seem to be in the middle of the room, floating. It was quick, one second, then gone. It definitely loud enough for two people to hear it. Nothing was out of place. Nothing fell. All wires and plugs looked fine. Very strange...and unsettling. 

• 9 months later...

You opened a portal and gave a demonic entity rights to attack you. (that's what poltergeists are, demons) It popped loudly behind you while you were driving to startle you and make you wreck. It has absolutely come to "steal, kill, and destroy" you. Generally, "rights" are given to demons by some sort of witchcraft. Meaning you astral project, read and or practice some kind of the occult, or psychic stuff like tarot. It's going to get worse. Much worse. Demons, once they get access to someone they start bring in friends to destroy and dismantle your life piece by piece. You'll start getting thoughts of suicide, murder, they'll disrupt your sleep, and wear you out and get even more access to you. They've been killing people this way for thousands of years. I know it sounds scary, and it IT SHOULD! You've been messing around with forces you have zero knowledge of. I don't tell you this because I think that's what it is, but because I know that's what it is. I was a psychic for 30 years, I practiced pagan rites, and I've astral projected more times than I can remember. I studied occult texts for over 30 years, and read books you've never heard of. I've also been infested with exactly what you have for over 20 years. I could write a book on this evil, and I'm now a Christian because of it.

So, take this advice: Take all your spiritual books, statues (idols), pictures, movies, paraphanila, drugs you use, and have a bonfire in your backyard. Then dispose of the ashes immediately. Or just get a hefty bag and dump it in the trash.

Then Decree Out Loud: I break all covenants with demonic forces in my life and renounce satan. I ask God's forgiveness and repent for messing around with this stuff out of ignorance. Pray.

If you're lucky it will leave and you'll never have an issue again. Don't, and you might have a really hard time getting rid of it latter as it weaves into your thoughts and life and brings friends to help it kill you. You may need a deliverance minister (if you can find one), to help you. Trust me, it's not there to help you. Or teach you. They love to pretend to be "Spirit Guides" it's ALL Deception to keep you confused, and at the same time draw you in further. It's a trap. You've been warned.

Edited by Beyond101
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@Beyond101  I can’t speak for everyone here, but I’m afraid I haven’t been doing any occult dabbling that would unleash an army of hellspawn upon my soul. My experience ended up pretty benign anyway, despite the strangeness of it.

• 2 years later...
On 5/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, NoctuliusDatura777 said:

This happened to me in 2016 in January. It was during a snow storm in the middle of the city off of a busy road during the day. There was about a foot of snow outside and heavy snow falling. As I walked outside of the house and went down the steps (there are four of them) a loud explosion about 10 foot away from me and about 20 foot in the air. There was a bright flash and when I was able to see again, the light seemed right above me in the low clouds, there was still crackling (electrical) noises. And then it was over. I Nobody else noticed and I looked around the neighborhood for damage including on myself as I very frightened as if I was blown up. Hasent happened since. I do practice magick, am empathetic and have had many paranormal experiences in my life. Would love to know what it is, or more so theories.

I’m almost sure what you experienced was thunder snow. It can happen during very heavy snow storms. I’ve experienced it twice. Once in Moscow, Russia and again in the Cleveland, Ohio area. It’s basically the same as regular thunder and lightning, but much more uncommon.  Very startling because most people don’t know what it is until they experience it. Once you know, it’s pretty cool. 

August 7, 2023 Colorado

Weather- early morning and sunny. 
My husband and I both we’re awakened by a loud popping sound. It sounded like a lightbulb exploded above our bed. My husband does not have this sensation, but my left ear while not exactly ringing, feels odd, like from hearing a loud noise. Maybe like after having been at a concert. I noticed a lot of people who heard it were working on a PC. There is no computer running in our bedroom. The TV was on, but the sound was definitely not coming from the TV and I don’t think it’s related to the TV. I don’t believe we were moving around. 

Like everyone else, there is no smell, no signs of any electrical issue, certainly no exploded bulbs. Since we were either asleep or possibly just waking up, neither of us noticed a flash.  It’s obviously not Exploding Head Syndrome since we both heard it. Anyone who heard it and no one around them did, I would investigate EHS as an explanation. It didnt seem like a structural noise, like a settling or crack…our house is roughly 20 years old. It was very strange and I would describe it as having an energy, like a sound wave or electrical or both. 

We are not religious, we certainly don’t even dabble in the occult or astral projection or any of that. We did each lose our mothers last year and I also lost my stepfather. Although we aren’t in a particularly deep stage of grief, we are open to the idea that when people pass on, they can visit. I’ve had dreams with my mother or father and it always feels like they were popping in for a visit, so I don’t dismiss this as an explanation since electrical anomalies seem to go hand in hand with paranormal activity.  I’m reassured that others have had similar experiences, and it doesn’t appear, in most cases, to be an electrical problem for the home. 

On 6/20/2014 at 10:46 PM, nerdoboy said:

This has happened to me twice. Once in 1997, and again last week, June 16, 2014. The first time the phenomena was heard by 2 people. Myself and a coworker in a small bedroom coverted into a video studio. The second time I was alone driving a Suburu backing out of the drivewway. The noise was exactly the same each time. It had made such an impression on me the first time that it was unmistakeable when I heard it the second time.

It was a very loud pop, not unlike a bursting balloon. It was so loud that is left a slight ringing in the ears. The sound came from above and behind each time. The first we both exclaimed "What the hell was that?" at the same time then we descibed what we heard to each other. I have no possible explanation I can think of. No accompanying phenomena like smells, flashing light, etc.

Lol so strange occurrence 

• 3 months later...

Just joined to share mine because this is the only place I could find mention of this phenomenon.

This happened to me today at approximately 3:47pm. I had just woken up because I’m incredibly jet lagged after just returning from a radically different time zone less than 2 days prior. On this trip I went to a Buddhist temple for the first time and among other things prayed for source/creator/higher power/guides/whatever to illuminate the path I am supposed to take in life right now as I am going through difficult things and am in a transition. I had an interesting experience while praying in that temple that is giving me goosebumps hardcore right now just recalling but that’s another story. I just thought maybe the “illuminate the right path” piece might be pertinent. Anyway, back to it -

I was a bit groggy still after waking up. I started the shower water to warm it up. The roommate living in my house had just texted a few mins prior saying he thinks he is in a slump (maybe mildly depressed). Then I was stepping into the shower and hear a super loud explosion/pop, and even with like an orange fireball and light coming from under my bedroom door into the room. I saw it! After my roommate’s text - I thought oh no! He’s shot himself! But I knew he wasn’t home. I ran out to investigate and there was nothing, no one, no smell, nothing. I checked the lights, the power strips, the AC/heating unit, I could find no explanation. Perhaps related to my request to illuminate the right path? I was preparing to go see my precious daughter who I am fighting to be there for against an evil ex trying to destroy me as well as the bond between my daughter and I. Maybe it was a metaphysical sign to keep fighting for her. I don’t know. 

I’m in south central texas fwiw as I have seen a couple other Texans mention location. It was a clear sunny day, 68°F when it happened. 

Edited by Wayup
  • Like 3

Decaying subatomic particles.