Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alaskan bear crashes boy's birthday party

Still Waters

A black bear literally crashed a child's birthday party in Alaska after it fell through the roof of a family home during the celebrations.

The bear had shimmied onto the roof of Alicia Bishop and Glenn Merrill's home in the state capital Juneau and was walking across a skylight when the bottom fell out Saturday.

http://www.telegraph...hday-party.html

• Like 2

They didn't have to kill the poor thing. The bear only wanted some birthday cake.

• Like 1

Maybe the boy's wish for a soft teddy bear before blowing out his candles were misinterpreted somehow. It's too bad they had to put the bear down, but atleast nobody was seriously harmed.

• Like 1

Bears are notorious party crashers.

This is an Unexplained Mystery?????????

Then again there have probably been certain other parties where a bear crashing through the ceiling might actually go unnoticed.

Edited by SaraT
  • Like 4

Like an Alpha Tau party! *lol* When a bear loses all fear of people and starts breaking into homes, it has be killed. Bears are dangerous. Wilderness and National Parks are dangerous places for the idealistic and the unwary.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd

Great story, we have quite a few Black Bears in our area. They tend to go after garbage cans or bird feeders and can make a huge mess. I came out one morning in the spring heading for work when I saw a 600 pounder going thru my neighbors yard. That was the biggest one I have ever seen and it sent shivers down my spine....

• Like 1

Wonder which kid said, "Whoooaaa! Neat!" :D

• Like 1

Well isnt he a pooper of parties.

• Like 1