Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A crocodile in Bristol England?

dr no

There was rumours before and a police search but it seems somebody has captured a photograph of the beast.Seems a bit ropey to me but I'm no expert

Quick-thinking jogger Tamara Blanco snapped a clear photograph of the croc as it was emerging from the water in the River Avon

http://www.mirror.co...finally-3768027

• Like 2

My brother's got an ap to do this. Not saying thats what this is, but the picture he showed me of a croc coming out the river to eat his kids looked pretty real too.

I remember a caiman that was supposed to be on the loose in the Lee River, Essex. Don't think they ever found that one

• Like 2

Is the Avon Tidal under the Clifton Suspension Bridge? If so then the salinity would suggest a Salt Water Croc rather than an Alligator - but where the heck would it have come from... :unsure2: :unsure2:

Hey don't sweat it, there is a great white shark in my bath tub.. :w00t:

looks like an fisherman's waterproof jacket floating on the water to me

Edited by ThesillyfunnyguyIDK
  • Like 2

Well, Tamara Blanco's got some nice publicity shots out of it, if nothing else.

Shape seems off. No visible eyes, and what I'm assuming are supposed to be nostrils are too flared for a crocodilian. Unless the water there has some sort of mutagen in it, I'm going to call this one a case of misidentification.

Culprit

post-140267-0-26447300-1403815761_thumb.

Versus

post-140267-0-47186000-1403815785_thumb.

post-140267-0-39177000-1403815805_thumb.

Edited by DecoNoir
  • Like 4

Looks like a Dragon to me. Especially if the two dark areas at the end are it's nostrils. Flared nostrils and a flat swept back nose area. Or it could be a black plastic bin bag or a coat etc.

• Like 1

I don't think they are its nostrils, i think thats the back of its head and its moving the other way, the left side being the front of the animal. I think those flared bits are the start of the spines.

I don't think they are its nostrils, i think thats the back of its head and its moving the other way, the left side being the front of the animal. I think those flared bits are the start of the spines.

If that were the case, then where are the eyes? If you look to where you assume the front of the animal is, there isn't any indication of eyes which would be easy to spot considering all crocodilian eyes are on top of the head.

Having gone alligator spotting dozens of times in the wild, it's very easy to confuse an alligator with anything that floats, even logs. That doesn't look like anything but a misidentification to me.

• Like 1

That actually looks nothing like any type of large crocodilian. It looks like something floating. I am not too familiar with the weather there, but I would think it would get too cold for a croc or alligator to become that large seeing as they are cold blooded.

Mike

That actually looks nothing like any type of large crocodilian. It looks like something floating. I am not too familiar with the weather there, but I would think it would get too cold for a croc or alligator to become that large seeing as they are cold blooded.

Mike

Most definitely too cold for most of the year,in fact most of summer wouldn't be warm enough for such a creature I'm guessing

Log.

Log.

I bet whoever dropped it was glad to get it out of their system.. :w00t:

• Like 2

So has anything come of this? Any more sightings? Is any authority investigating this?

Oh, well, a picture of a (reasonably) pretty girl is always welcome.

• Like 2

Here is another link (with a different picture of the young lady! :innocent: ).

http://www.dailymail...ims-jogger.html

And it also has a video that was taken earlier in the year.

I'm going to have to say it again.......

LOG.

article-2670686-1F2B66B000000578-897_634x423.jpg

Edited by DieChecker

I was unable to locate any extant crocodilian with an upper jaw like that.

I was unable to locate any extant crocodilian with an upper jaw like that.

A NEW SPECIES!!!! :clap:

Or maybe not? :unsure2:

Um, yeah, the video looks even less like a croc than the picture. Although anyone that has ever been around crocs or alligators in most any way can tell that neither look anything like one. People will see what they want to see.

Mike

Here is another link (with a different picture of the young lady! :innocent: ).

http://www.dailymail...ims-jogger.html

Indeed. It occurs to me that the articles may be driven more by the young lady's pictures than the croc's: It is the Daily Mail, after all. :P