Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deja Vu vs Deja Reve?

YouAreDreaming

Have you ever had deja vu? Deja vu is that feeling of familiarity that you can have, even when in a completely new surrounding, or new event or even meeting new people for the first time. The bigger question is - have you ever linked a memory to the deja vu from something you dreamed of in the past? If you can honestly answer yes, then this is known as Deja Reve which means, "Already Dreamed" in French.

Deja Reve is a type of precognitive dream and not too uncommon as one would think according to frequency studies by Dr. Art Funkhouser and Dr. Micheal Schredl which you can read here for their frequency study: http://journals.ub.u...view/473/pdf_23

Dr. David Ryback also conducted a survey in his publication "Dreams That Came True" with a 8.8% frequency with regards to precognitive dreams. Aristotle skeptically debated precognitive dreams in his paper written in 350 BCE called, "On Prophesying by Dreams" which you can read on internet classics at: http://classics.mit....rophesying.html

What is most important however, is that you have your own first-person experience with deja reve linked to your deja vu and can honestly answer yes. There is no doubt that there will be those of you who have not been able to link precognitive dream content to deja vu, and that is fine. Not everyone has this type of experience, and there are many factors as to why this is likely the case. The most obvious being that not everyone can remember all of their dreams thus it takes having memory of dream content that is precognitive in nature to then have an experience with this type of dreaming.

I cover these points and more in a youtube video on this topic:

Recently, precognitive dreaming saved my life by allowing me to see what was clearly a terrible accident where on a snow covered hill, I was unable to stop safely and ended up being hit driver-side by a white pickup truck. I took this as a warning, told my parents and even changed my tires to four studded winter-tires (the first time I ever bought studs in my 26 years of driving). And by doing so, when the dream came true as it was precognitive I was able to stop in real life and watch the same pick-up truck drive past me this time, rather than into me. Had those tires remained the same, I am very doubtful that I would still be here to talk about it.

Not only have I had the full spectrum of precognition that is commonly talked about in dream literature, I have also been able to experience lucid dreaming when the dream content was precognitive in nature. If any of you are avid lucid dreamers then you will know that being awake and conscious in a dream is very similar to how we are awake in real life. That we bring with us our logical, intelligent and cognitive faculties that allow for more critical thinking in a dream than when the prefrontal cortex is shut down during non-lucid sleep thus depriving us of that key ability to think, reason and be self-aware in a dream.

Ironically, I have been having precognitive dreams for as long as I have been driving as it started when I was 16, and I am now 42 years old.

Through lucid dreaming while engaged in precognitive dream content, I have been able to also alter the dream content using my intent to control the dream. This has caused changes that in the future when the dream came true, also occurred. And some in a very phenomenological way. One such example came about in my efforts to map out the dreaming layers as dreams are like FM/AM bandwidths where you can tune into and experience different things based on where you are in that spectrum. The ideal bandwidth which I called the precognitive layer is where I directed my intent for this mapping phase back in 1996-1998. What I would do in the dream state was attempt to put a geometrical "footprint" on the dream surface like a triangle, circle, square or other. The idea was, if the dream was precognitive in nature perhaps these changes would come true. To my surprise and utter satisfaction, they did.

The example that I am presenting here is where in one such lucid precognitive dream, I saw that I was in my current workplace at that time. I saw a co-worker standing behind a concession counter as I was the usher at a movie theater. As this was just an opportunity to change a dream and I was lucid and he was the first thing I recognized, I caused a small triangle to appear on his forehead. After all, it was just a dream so changing it although difficult was not impossible.

Weeks later the dream came true and as I went through the motions of the dream when it actualized, the triangle did form on his forehead and I was able to take pictures of it.

Here is a link to all the pictures and his account of the event.

http://youaredreamin...a-vu-deja-reve/

What you will see in that picture is evidence of changing precognitive dream content. I've done this on more than one occasion but this one I was able to document.

Edited by YouAreDreaming
  • Like 3

Hi.

I miss deja vu.. I haven't had it in ages... Have had Precognitive dreams before.. But I only get it after the event, which kind of wrecks the idea of having precognitive dreams in the first place I guess.

Welcome to UM..

• Like 1

Hi.

I miss deja vu.. I haven't had it in ages... Have had Precognitive dreams before.. But I only get it after the event, which kind of wrecks the idea of having precognitive dreams in the first place I guess.

Welcome to UM..

Having it after the event would be post-cognition even if you didn't have any previous knowledge of the event but woke up remembering the dream to find said event on the morning news. The frequency of deja vu declines with age unfortunately, and this likely is linked to the fact our dream recall also decreases with age. Getting old strips too much good stuff away IMO. However, I'm 42 and keep a regular diet of dreaming up in fear of ever losing the skill, my view is use it or lose it.

It's even likely in your life that you did have a deja vu linked to a dream and then forgot about it 10 years later... memory can be so fickle.

Having it after the event would be post-cognition even if you didn't have any previous knowledge of the event but woke up remembering the dream to find said event on the morning news. The frequency of deja vu declines with age unfortunately, and this likely is linked to the fact our dream recall also decreases with age. Getting old strips too much good stuff away IMO. However, I'm 42 and keep a regular diet of dreaming up in fear of ever losing the skill, my view is use it or lose it.

It's even likely in your life that you did have a deja vu linked to a dream and then forgot about it 10 years later... memory can be so fickle.

There's hope for me yet then..

2 years ago I was lucky to remember 1 or 2 dreams a year..

Since joining UM & learning dream recall, metaphysics, meditation, It is now extremely rare for me to recall less than 3 dreams a night... I usually hit four or five a night..

If dream recall can return, maybe Deja Vu will return as well..

There's hope for me yet then..

2 years ago I was lucky to remember 1 or 2 dreams a year..

Since joining UM & learning dream recall, metaphysics, meditation, It is now extremely rare for me to recall less than 3 dreams a night... I usually hit four or five a night..

If dream recall can return, maybe Deja Vu will return as well..

If you are having more dream recall then yes there is hope. Just remember that dreams follow belief and intent, so to change the dream focus before sleep, you need to let go of belief and focus your intent on what you want from that experience.

The precogntive layer is just one of many focus states available in dreaming and as strange as it sounds, we are always a part of that feild but in an unconscious state. The key is to connect with that part of you already there and simply try to remember being there when you wake up. You can use pre-sleep affirmations to focus your intent like:

"I desire to explore and experience what it is like to have a precognitive dream. If I am in any state where the dream feels like a future event, I want to remember it clearly and in vivid detail when I wake up."

Customize that intent anyway you want as long as your are telling the dream interface that your intent and desire relates to precognitive or future content in this waking reality. Use that each night just before you nod off and see how long it takes before you trigger a moment of conscious realization during the precognitive dream content phase of your sleep.

Dale Graff recently used such an affirmation and had a lucid precognitive dream covered in the Lucid Dream Exchange magazine. Dale Graph also has an amazing paper on precognition that he did for the US Military with lots of case examples of this working.

Read Dale Graff's interview here: http://www.dreamingl.../lde/lde3_1.pdf

And his precognitive dream research here: http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_21_4_graff.pdf

This is one real-deal precognitive dreamer... enjoy.

Edited by YouAreDreaming

I have had only one experience of 'deja reve' in my life, but I will never forget it. It was more than just a quick glimpse of a moment that I remembered; it was a full on sequence of events, though somewhat mundane, that replayed (though with a few minor differences, which makes it even more interesting) from dream to reality.

It happened when I went with my friend to go work for his friend, who lived a few states over. We packed up all of our stuff in a U-Haul and headed to Utah (from California). It was when we first arrived at his house when the powerful sense of this happening before hit me, but in a way that I didn't even translate it as deja vu.

The man started to give us a tour of his house, and this is what I now remember as having dreamed before. The funny thing is, like I said, I didn't even translate this memory recall consciously, so caught myself replying with something like "I know, you showed us before" when he was showing something to us. He and my friend just stared for a second, not saying anything, then he went on talking. It was pretty embarrassing, and I think at this moment I started to consciously recall that I had experienced this before, in a dream.

Where it gets even weirder, though, and makes me know that it was a dream that I was recalling (because I can't actually remember when or where I had the dream exactly) and not just deja vu, is during the 'scene' of him giving us a tour of the house, I remembered some of the rooms and moments, but there were a few instances of minor, yet major, differences. A few examples that I remember: at one point I went to use the bathroom. It had one of those windows that you can't see through. I remembered while using the bathroom that I had done this in the dream, but in the dream that window wasn't installed. It was propped against the wall below the sill, and it made me uncomfortable using the bathroom, because on the other side (same in dream and 'real life') the others were sitting in the dining room talking, just barely around the corner.

Also, when he took us up to show us our rooms, I remember him showing us what would be my friend's room. I remembered another difference from a dream. In the previous dream, the room looked just the same, but all of my friend's stereo equipment was somehow in the room. I say somehow, because here in real life, I knew that my friend had left all of that equipment back at our house in California. I also remember a flash of the dream showing my car parked in the driveway of this house we were visiting, though my car was also back in California in this real life moment I was experiencing.

One more very interesting difference was that in the dream, we came to this man's house through him giving us a ride in his truck. It seemed about a 10 minute or so drive (he even said in the dream while we were getting into his truck that it was really close or something), but of course when we arrived at his house later in real life, we never took a 10 minute truck drive with him to go there (though the truck in the dream he does have in real life). We drove 2 states over a few days to get there.

The thing that puts me over the edge almost in wonder is that the friend I experienced this all with was a really oddball funny kind of guy. He had a weird sense of humor, and would always pretend (in a joking way I think, though you could never really truly tell). When we'd talk about things or do something, he'd say "oh yeahhh, I had a dream about that!" or "what the @#$%?! i had a dream about that!" He was always joking in this way with us.

It puts me in such an interesting state of wonder and amazement to think that the only time I've ever thought inside "oh yeahhh, I had a dream about that!", he was the one by my side. This would really get me to thinking, if I knew where to start.

• Like 2

Have you ever had deja vu? Deja vu is that feeling of familiarity that you can have, even when in a completely new surrounding, or new event or even meeting new people for the first time. The bigger question is - have you ever linked a memory to the deja vu from something you dreamed of in the past? If you can honestly answer yes, then this is known as Deja Reve which means, "Already Dreamed" in French.

Deja Reve is a type of precognitive dream and not too uncommon as one would think according to frequency studies by Dr. Art Funkhouser and Dr. Micheal Schredl which you can read here for their frequency study: http://journals.ub.u...view/473/pdf_23

Dr. David Ryback also conducted a survey in his publication "Dreams That Came True" with a 8.8% frequency with regards to precognitive dreams. Aristotle skeptically debated precognitive dreams in his paper written in 350 BCE called, "On Prophesying by Dreams" which you can read on internet classics at: http://classics.mit....rophesying.html

What is most important however, is that you have your own first-person experience with deja reve linked to your deja vu and can honestly answer yes. There is no doubt that there will be those of you who have not been able to link precognitive dream content to deja vu, and that is fine. Not everyone has this type of experience, and there are many factors as to why this is likely the case. The most obvious being that not everyone can remember all of their dreams thus it takes having memory of dream content that is precognitive in nature to then have an experience with this type of dreaming.

I cover these points and more in a youtube video on this topic:

Recently, precognitive dreaming saved my life by allowing me to see what was clearly a terrible accident where on a snow covered hill, I was unable to stop safely and ended up being hit driver-side by a white pickup truck. I took this as a warning, told my parents and even changed my tires to four studded winter-tires (the first time I ever bought studs in my 26 years of driving). And by doing so, when the dream came true as it was precognitive I was able to stop in real life and watch the same pick-up truck drive past me this time, rather than into me. Had those tires remained the same, I am very doubtful that I would still be here to talk about it.

I think there's some link between emotional responses and presight or deja-vu. Its like that part of the mind is activated by unpleasant experiences and gives us fore-warning of them.

Many people with deja-vu say they remember seeing what just happened, previously, in their dreams. I think its even deeper that that, I think there's a level of vision even more fundamental than that inside our dream states. I think it knows everything, has seen everything and deja-vu experiences relate to glimpses of it which when circumstances trigger our memory we recall.

I know when something bad is going to happen to me, I get deja-vu before it happens and a lot of the time I haven't been able to take a different cause of action to stop it happening. Its been something out of my control to influence.

Onlys dream reminds me of one i had, i told my mate in the morning.

In my dream i opened a record cover, inside was a spiral, like the austin powers one, and tracing it towards the centre it lead to a photograph/picture of a road. On both sides of the road were tall pinetrees. The colour of this scenery was alive with psychadelic movement. By contrast on the road was a car facing head on towards me, a convertible with its roof folded open and both its front doors out stretched, as if stationary.

Odder still in the middle of the front a man was standing, straight up and down, arms to his side looking straight ahead, chin slightly up, with a purpose felt expression of continuation, as if he was driving. He was dressed in a black kung fu robe that buttoned from the front and he was by himself.

Now, life in my youth could be spontaneous and no sooner had i recounted the dream to my mate, then it was forgotten, replaced by our lateset adventure, four of us set out for a drive into the mountains.

The car was a morris 1100, hand painted by brush a hideous orange it was. We arrived at a bar. The barman who was the only person in the bar beside us, got busy talking, how he was trained in Bruce Lee styles kung fu. Lol. He wasnt wearing a robe so no de ja reeve yet.

On the way home, (we could only afford one beer each) we ran out of gas, and came to a standstill. We were on a downhill winding stretch of road, both sides of which were the virtual trees of my dream , but still no de ja reeve.

The cars fate was sealed we would abandon it, but first we squeezed out another coupla mile. We each manned a door, and pushed like a team of bob sledders....

It was a peaceful feeling, cruising at about 40kmph without the engine going, no other cars in sight, all of us still standing half way in half way out, and holding our doors wide open for support, just sightseeing. The light flitted amongst the autumn leaves. It was beautiful and surreal, the whole moment.

My mate who is always tuned into musical thoughts broke the silence across the roof he looked at me... ' hey this would make a really cool record cover'... His words were like a spell had been unveiled, the de ja reeve moment arrived wide eyed and he knew i knew he knew lol.

• Like 1

I have had only one experience of 'deja reve' in my life, but I will never forget it. It was more than just a quick glimpse of a moment that I remembered; it was a full on sequence of events, though somewhat mundane, that replayed (though with a few minor differences, which makes it even more interesting) from dream to reality.

It happened when I went with my friend to go work for his friend, who lived a few states over. We packed up all of our stuff in a U-Haul and headed to Utah (from California). It was when we first arrived at his house when the powerful sense of this happening before hit me, but in a way that I didn't even translate it as deja vu.

The man started to give us a tour of his house, and this is what I now remember as having dreamed before. The funny thing is, like I said, I didn't even translate this memory recall consciously, so caught myself replying with something like "I know, you showed us before" when he was showing something to us. He and my friend just stared for a second, not saying anything, then he went on talking. It was pretty embarrassing, and I think at this moment I started to consciously recall that I had experienced this before, in a dream.

Where it gets even weirder, though, and makes me know that it was a dream that I was recalling (because I can't actually remember when or where I had the dream exactly) and not just deja vu, is during the 'scene' of him giving us a tour of the house, I remembered some of the rooms and moments, but there were a few instances of minor, yet major, differences. A few examples that I remember: at one point I went to use the bathroom. It had one of those windows that you can't see through. I remembered while using the bathroom that I had done this in the dream, but in the dream that window wasn't installed. It was propped against the wall below the sill, and it made me uncomfortable using the bathroom, because on the other side (same in dream and 'real life') the others were sitting in the dining room talking, just barely around the corner.

Also, when he took us up to show us our rooms, I remember him showing us what would be my friend's room. I remembered another difference from a dream. In the previous dream, the room looked just the same, but all of my friend's stereo equipment was somehow in the room. I say somehow, because here in real life, I knew that my friend had left all of that equipment back at our house in California. I also remember a flash of the dream showing my car parked in the driveway of this house we were visiting, though my car was also back in California in this real life moment I was experiencing.

One more very interesting difference was that in the dream, we came to this man's house through him giving us a ride in his truck. It seemed about a 10 minute or so drive (he even said in the dream while we were getting into his truck that it was really close or something), but of course when we arrived at his house later in real life, we never took a 10 minute truck drive with him to go there (though the truck in the dream he does have in real life). We drove 2 states over a few days to get there.

The thing that puts me over the edge almost in wonder is that the friend I experienced this all with was a really oddball funny kind of guy. He had a weird sense of humor, and would always pretend (in a joking way I think, though you could never really truly tell). When we'd talk about things or do something, he'd say "oh yeahhh, I had a dream about that!" or "what the @#$%?! i had a dream about that!" He was always joking in this way with us.

It puts me in such an interesting state of wonder and amazement to think that the only time I've ever thought inside "oh yeahhh, I had a dream about that!", he was the one by my side. This would really get me to thinking, if I knew where to start.

That's a great first precognitive dream experience. Having the experience show you through your own dreams this potential is in my opinion the only way to really know that this potential exists. It also allows you to now personally investigate this possibility with in yourself if that is something you desire. It's a wonderful learning opportunity.

Although I do get trolled by skeptics on this issue, I stand my ground because it's not something that I feel equates some kind of belief as in... I read about it in a book and thought it would be a fun belief to fantasize about. It simply landed in my lap as part of my dream experiences leaving me with nothing other than the burden of the experience proving itself time and time again.

Thankfully, this has allowed me to help other people who have it take a fresh approach to exploring the potential with a more open mind as what else can one do? It's our opportunity to learn that there is more to reality than what we currently scientifically know and I'll also note that I accept the many years of research which has proven greater than chance with precognitive dream studies where skeptics dismiss this research as it doesn't fit their belief. The research statistically spread across the last 100 years (started in 1880's with the SPR) tells me the evidence and scientific requirement has long been met in this type of research so it's really just skeptical bias in those who don't have the expeirence thus associate their lack of experience as the evidence that it doesn't exist.

I hope you have more, and even begin to expand your own knowledge and experience through it.

I think there's some link between emotional responses and presight or deja-vu. Its like that part of the mind is activated by unpleasant experiences and gives us fore-warning of them.

Many people with deja-vu say they remember seeing what just happened, previously, in their dreams. I think its even deeper that that, I think there's a level of vision even more fundamental than that inside our dream states. I think it knows everything, has seen everything and deja-vu experiences relate to glimpses of it which when circumstances trigger our memory we recall.

I know when something bad is going to happen to me, I get deja-vu before it happens and a lot of the time I haven't been able to take a different cause of action to stop it happening. Its been something out of my control to influence.

Dr. Art Funkhouser shares the same view that some dream content has a much stronger emotional charge such as the common precognition linked to something traumatic like an accident or death because the intensity of the content draws in more of our attention than the more mundane content.

Hence why I think we find so many precognition linked to disasters in the literature. Remember the Titanic, here is a classic event that had numerous predictions even in unopened envelopes predicting that would happen. There are lots of 9/11 related dreams. I even found a dream two months before hurricane Katrina from a person living in that area that saw the event. It's all out there when you look for it.

Onlys dream reminds me of one i had, i told my mate in the morning.

In my dream i opened a record cover, inside was a spiral, like the austin powers one, and tracing it towards the centre it lead to a photograph/picture of a road. On both sides of the road were tall pinetrees. The colour of this scenery was alive with psychadelic movement. By contrast on the road was a car facing head on towards me, a convertible with its roof folded open and both its front doors out stretched, as if stationary.

Odder still in the middle of the front a man was standing, straight up and down, arms to his side looking straight ahead, chin slightly up, with a purpose felt expression of continuation, as if he was driving. He was dressed in a black kung fu robe that buttoned from the front and he was by himself.

Now, life in my youth could be spontaneous and no sooner had i recounted the dream to my mate, then it was forgotten, replaced by our lateset adventure, four of us set out for a drive into the mountains.

The car was a morris 1100, hand painted by brush a hideous orange it was. We arrived at a bar. The barman who was the only person in the bar beside us, got busy talking, how he was trained in Bruce Lee styles kung fu. Lol. He wasnt wearing a robe so no de ja reeve yet.

On the way home, (we could only afford one beer each) we ran out of gas, and came to a standstill. We were on a downhill winding stretch of road, both sides of which were the virtual trees of my dream , but still no de ja reeve.

The cars fate was sealed we would abandon it, but first we squeezed out another coupla mile. We each manned a door, and pushed like a team of bob sledders....

It was a peaceful feeling, cruising at about 40kmph without the engine going, no other cars in sight, all of us still standing half way in half way out, and holding our doors wide open for support, just sightseeing. The light flitted amongst the autumn leaves. It was beautiful and surreal, the whole moment.

My mate who is always tuned into musical thoughts broke the silence across the roof he looked at me... ' hey this would make a really cool record cover'... His words were like a spell had been unveiled, the de ja reeve moment arrived wide eyed and he knew i knew he knew lol.

Have you had more than just that example of deja reve?

Have you had more than just that example of deja reve?

Yes they are cryptic and that is generally how i view reality too, but unlike you i dont encourage it. They appear in many forms.

I like to concentrate on the ones that are musical and lyrical. One strange thing that has happened many times, i hear the most awesome and magical rock music with incredible singing and lyrics, i feel so compelled by an urgency to write them down or at least grab a guitar and capture some chord progressions... I know im dreaming and at the same time i know the song is familiar, so familiar that as i concentrate more intently, i soon realise, lol, that all along, it is a song i have in fact already heard before and my mind drifts elsewhere...

The reality is of course that when i wake up, i have the briefest of memories of the dream, and that there actually is NO such song, the big fish has slipped away again. :lol: So how to define a de ja vu while dreaming?

Has any one else has had dreams where you are you, but your memories dont belong to you, and you are never aware until you wake up in a cold sweat? Are these false memories a negative form of De ja vu do you think?

Is it possible to dream someone elses memories? Just wondering.

• Like 1

Has any one else has had dreams where you are you, but your memories dont belong to you, and you are never aware until you wake up in a cold sweat? Are these false memories a negative form of De ja vu do you think?

Hi,

Those are actually telepathically shared dreams. They may come from a pleasant form of sharing or placed there by some one with an agenda.

John

Yes they are cryptic and that is generally how i view reality too, but unlike you i dont encourage it. They appear in many forms.

I like to concentrate on the ones that are musical and lyrical. One strange thing that has happened many times, i hear the most awesome and magical rock music with incredible singing and lyrics, i feel so compelled by an urgency to write them down or at least grab a guitar and capture some chord progressions... I know im dreaming and at the same time i know the song is familiar, so familiar that as i concentrate more intently, i soon realise, lol, that all along, it is a song i have in fact already heard before and my mind drifts elsewhere...

The reality is of course that when i wake up, i have the briefest of memories of the dream, and that there actually is NO such song, the big fish has slipped away again. :lol: So how to define a de ja vu while dreaming?

I dreamt of precognitive dreams where in the dream I linked the deja effect to a past dream. As for waking up as someone else in the dream, I have had dreams where I was not who I am, but another person. They are very rare. In a comical one, I was actress Angelina Joline, I mean... literally a woman when I am a man, and I was at the bank taking out $4,000 to go to some shopping. I had fans coming up to me et al and the whole time I looked exactly like her (as per reflection in a mirror at the bank).

Was I actually here, no... but it certainly made me laugh when I woke up for having such a bizzarre odd-ball dream. But it makes dreaming interesting, always something different and new.

Hi,

Those are actually telepathically shared dreams. They may come from a pleasant form of sharing or placed there by some one with an agenda.

John

I've written about shared dreaming, and even have an MD5 checksum dream post where I shared a dream with a person I never met before only to confirm the next day that the person in the dream matched the person 100% in real life. I had never seen that person before until I was shown a video of him. Very cool I'll share both.

Shared Dreaming Article.

http://youaredreaming.org/articles/shared-dreaming-real-life-inception/

Shared Dream example.

http://youaredreaming.org/2010/08/21/shared-dream-with-a-shoshoni-native-that-ive-never-physically-met/

Déjà Rêvé…Eek! Not another term in use.

I like to think that the Déjà vu types of experiences are mostly reminders / hints which keep me pondering about the probability of an after-life scenario…Kind of like a teaser or spoiler of sorts.

A couple of my dreams which I can remember off-hand as fitting the topic of discussion are as follows:-

30.04.02: - [2:30 p.m] I fell asleep on the couch in the theatre room and I awoke when I thought that I had heard a male voice saying, “She’s rude”…

The following day on the first day of May I fell asleep again in the afternoon however this time I was occupying the other (twin) couch in the same room. When I aroused I saw my husband walking out of the theatre room and he appeared to be talking to our pet dogs where-upon he uttered, “She’s rude”.

My husband was actually responding verbally to an exchange of hand signs which he and my hearing impaired daughter were displaying to each other.

In another dream many years ago, I was walking along a certain street with my friend J and I was surprised when I kept meeting people on that same street who I actually knew.

On the same day I had a visit from J and I told her about the dream. I thought the dream was odd because I’m a reclusive type of person who only ventured out from my home when I truly needed to do so however that day was to be one of those rare days because I had bills to pay. Hence my friend accompanied me along my journey towards the local town / shops and when we were walking along that very same street from the dream I actually walked past about three people who I once knew. All walking separate from each other and each person acknowledged me with a cheerful wave and a passing hello.

Edited by Meridian O
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing Meridian, it's interesting to see how you had it relative to same or next day. The terminology although seemingly unimportant is very important as to not generalize deja vu as deja reve is something all together different.

Meridian's anecdotes remind me of an experience I had in dream that I don't technically consider dreaming the future exactly, but dreaming something that foreshadowed a new thing for me to find out. I wrote it here awhile ago in the weird dreams thread:

http://www.unexplain...t

The thing I find really cool and interesting about this experience was that it led me to make a mashup of the 2 songs a year later. I had the idea for so long but wasn't able to do it until I finally found an instrumental for the Three Days Grace song somewhere. This mashup turned out to be my most popular remix/mashup by far, and I can honestly say that it was created in a dream, before I had even ever heard one of the songs. Now that is a trip:

[media=]

[/media]

edit: Holy cow, it's been 2 years since that happened already. I didn't even realize until reading that thread post again 2 years later that I had started my search the next morning, typing in 'monster i have become'. Now when I type that phrase in the search bar, my song comes up just after Three Days Grace's 'Animal I Have Become'.

Edited by _Only

• 1 month later...

Greetings all.

I was verry fortunate to have a basic introduction to the potential of our minds at a verry young age because i then paid detailed attion and tried to find a meaning to nearly every detailed dream i had.

at the time i do remember having deja vu but what i am finding is that in last 5 years that events or places i dremed about 5-10 years ago have decided to show them selfs largely in the last two years.( it has been a period of enormous change !)

i have a lot of deja vu events and i am putting my honest word that these events are the truth.

and your question can we dream another,s dream?

I have done this as a child , visiting a childhood friend while dreaming and then finding out that we had both shared that same dream.

But what concerns me the most is three reacuring dreams that started twenty years ago.

dream 1 , A massive natural disaster in my home town , tsunami and earthquakes.

dream 2, standing on the balconay with my daughter looking at the stars , all the stars start to move in a spiralling motion then dropping to earth.

the stars then turn to battle ships and a war of epic proportions takes place. ( the ships are destroying them selves).

the dream then turns. i now have a need to get to a certen location around 65 km away , and on this jerney mother ships are crashing all-around us.

this is a very long dream and it is difficult to determine weather i am dreaming or in reality,

(i really hope this is not a deja vu dream. lol :) )

i have dreamt this apoximatly 5 times, and each dream is identical.

It would be great to hear everyones thoughts on this as i am confused about the meaning,

thank you

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I never thought I would find a article actually explaining this. I always thought I am the only one, so I kept it as a secret.

I have had somany experiences of deja reve.. the earliest one I remember was when I was 13 years. I saw a dream of someone planting flowers on my school and after a few days, it happened. I was so afraid to tell anyone. After this, so many similar events happened. And I forgot that I am abnormal. But then it happened..

When I joined a new college, the first day of my college life felt like deja reve. You know, I havent met any of them before but I knew how they are gonna introduce me and I knew their names.i knew how they would act and I felt like I dreamed it before. I tried to change my conversation to be different from the dream, but whatever I tell end up exactly like the dream..

That day I realized that I have these powers and I can only see things, but cant change them..

From that moment onwards, I always wanted to see more deja reve.. 

Its too good to hear that I am bot the only one.

Sorry for my english. I am from india.

I never knew the name for this phenomenon.

I have never had such a dream, but I'm positive that my sister has.  She has occasionally (and since childhood) had strong dreams that stay with her, sometimes for days, and a great intuition about things that happen.  It's not generally life-saving things, but coincidences that seem to eventually sync up to reality.  She's predicted money coming my way more than once that seems to have, and a few other small minor events in friends' lives that has us wondering.

Knowing there's a term for it is really cool.  So thank you.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have always been experiencing this ever since I was 6-8 years old. Its been so long. Anyways, I may have something of interest. For about a year, I had the same dream. 

It would start as an empty white void and then suddenly I felt as if I was being pulled like in a roller coaster. Then I would see these giant black orbs and I would be passing by these and I would be forced to look at them. Then my head would start hurting, it felt like a whole bunch of information was being pushed inside my head. Images, pictures, writings, videos, anything and everything was being pushed into my brain. For an entire year I would dream this every night, every time I went to sleep. The information being pushed into my brain would always be different. The orbs would change sizes and I would usually pass by 2 or more orbs every dream. Every now and then I come across Deja reve because of these dreams. I usually don't dream any more precognitive events because I believe I've dreamed all of mine for this lifetime during that one entire year. 

I just felt I'd share this story as I've kept it as a secret for so long. 

• 11 months later...