Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police flee from site.

Brian Topp

The satellite police station in the bush at Relela, outside Tzaneen, Limpopo, SA, is apparently haunted.

It is located a few metres from a deserted graveyard and cops there flee every night because they want to hide from ghosts.

When the sun goes down all the cops who are working night-shift brave the cold winter weather to patrol the streets – and they stay out all night.

"No one stays in the charge office," said one of the cops.

"We patrol the streets or we sleep in the car. We'll do anything to stay away from this station." -

See more at: http://bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-africa-byo-49740.html

• Like 3

Thats what I like to see from police officers- cowardice! :no:

It hardly inspires confidence in their abilities,I'm sure they could rig up some video equipment to capture some of this stuff that they say is happening

• Like 9

Do you really think you can hide from something that can allegedly move through walls/doors/solid objects?

• Like 6

"No one stays in the charge office," said one of the cops.

"We patrol the streets or we sleep in the car. We'll do anything to stay away from this station."

They will do anything to stay way, anything? Hilarious.

• Like 3

even though i posted this article, i think it is made up.

Anything to get out of doing paperwork.

They will do anything to stay way, anything? Hilarious.

Yea, like take a nap in the car!

• Like 2

They live in an area where there is a strong belief in ghosts and demons and where there is little education in science. Yes, they're terrified. Yes, they and the people around them still do things like kill people they suspect of being sorcerers and witches.

They will do anything to stay way, anything

So I guess the real paradox here would be a haunted doughnut shop. The cops would really have to make a decision then.

Edited by drpaxton
  • Like 3

Yea in that aria people are very superstitious. It is a very rural creepy place,I would also rather be somewhere else.

I can see criminals now working on a police deterrent - just get someone to wander round with a sheet over their head while making "whooooooo" noises

• Like 1

This isn't as uncommon here in the US as one might think, strangely. I do want to say first though that the only actual "ghost hunt" I got to go on, in central Oklahoma, included a sheriff's deputy as part of the regular investigation team, so I thought that was pretty cool.

On the other hand, through direct second hand information (my cousin and his friends that sometimes talked to the local cops to pass the time), I found out the local police avoid going into the main cemetery in my small town here. They will drive through on the roads around the place and shine their big spotlight but won't get out of the cars, and will leave as quickly as possible, because at least three different officers have reported seeing what they called "orcs" (no idea why), which were about 3-4 foot tall bipedal figures that would shadow the police car around the cemetery, hiding behind headstones.

Now, I personally walked through this place by myself at least three or four times at midnight and later, spending as much as an hour there, and was followed by two different things: a cat and an armadillo. Given that, I am not encouraged by our police force's judgment, but you can find pictures on the internet of our former police chief being hauled off in handcuffs as of 2012 so I guess my suspicions are well-founded. =(

Edited by Paranormalcy
  • Like 1

I am reminded of a claimed encounter from the 1990s at the former RAF Upper Heyford airbase after it has been part turned into an industrial park; while on a night (walking) patrol a security guard heard a galloping horse, he turned a building corner and was confronted by a rearing centaur, which apparently had human hands on the end of its front horses legs...

• Like 1

You just don't understand what it's like.

Customs.Traditions.The quality of the cops and level of education.

• Like 1

This seems like the stories you here trying make another place seem ridiculous.

Like japan having vending machines w/ used panties or china faking a lion w/ a dog.

• Like 1