Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis - Ghost Captured On Video

mikepike78

Hi there.

I recently had sleep paralysis for the first time and witnessed some kind of ominous dark shadow figure at the end of my bed. It just stood there watching me, and even though it was hard to make out exactly what it was, I could feel and sense with all of my being that it had nothing but evil intentions. it was the most terrifying experience of my life. All I wanted to do was get up and scream to get it away from me, but I couldn't say a word and I had no control over my muscles. My breathing was very shallow and tight. I was completely paralysed. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not, it seemed so real, but I was very confused and startled.

I'm a rationalist and a very skeptical person with no previous interest in paranormal activity, but after doing some research it seemed like there was a possibility that this entity is real. So many other people from all over the world report seeing the same thing and have had very similar experiences.

So I decided to set up my video camera and leave it running whilst I slept. I really didn't expect to find anything. It was more for peace of mind as I was still very shaken up by the experience and was finding it difficult to get to sleep with the fear of having this experience again. After scanning through the footage it seemed like there was nothing out of the ordinary, but I decided to have a look at the audio signal. I noticed a little raise in the audio graph a few hours into the filming so I looked at that part of the video. My heart stopped when I observed what seemed to be some kind of ghost or entity evaporate above my bed.

I have watched the footage over and over trying to figure out some logical explanation for what could have caused the image of what seems to be a ghost, but I haven't been able to come up with a solution. I am really starting to believe that I captured the entity I saw during my paralysis on video. This terrifies me so much that I can no longer sleep in my room. I have slept in my friends room since it has happened as sleeping alone is just too scary for me to deal with right now.

Here is the video.. I'd be very interested to hear your take on it.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRm-S6GZ_e8

• Like 1

I've recently been discussing sleep paralysis with a few forum friends (on another forum) after experiencing it regularly (monthly) myself, not seeing figures, but definately feeling a presence, having "visions" and on one occassion hearing voices. Quite a different experience I must say aha. The debate is whether it's a projection of your own mind or something more real and sinister. I don't know how real your video is, I'll let someone else determine that for you, however here's some information I've attributed.

http://www.webmd.com...sleep-paralysis

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

A different experience is one way of putting it haha. To be honest, I was originally more inclined to believe it was a projection of my own mind, like a hallucination. I still am trying to look at it that way, but the video totally freaked me out. I hope someone can come up with a logical explanation for it and put my mind to rest!

Hi there.

I recently had sleep paralysis for the first time and witnessed some kind of ominous dark shadow figure at the end of my bed. It just stood there watching me, and even though it was hard to make out exactly what it was, I could feel and sense with all of my being that it had nothing but evil intentions. it was the most terrifying experience of my life. All I wanted to do was get up and scream to get it away from me, but I couldn't say a word and I had no control over my muscles. My breathing was very shallow and tight. I was completely paralysed. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not, it seemed so real, but I was very confused and startled.

I'm a rationalist and a very skeptical person with no previous interest in paranormal activity, but after doing some research it seemed like there was a possibility that this entity is real. So many other people from all over the world report seeing the same thing and have had very similar experiences.

So I decided to set up my video camera and leave it running whilst I slept. I really didn't expect to find anything. It was more for peace of mind as I was still very shaken up by the experience and was finding it difficult to get to sleep with the fear of having this experience again. After scanning through the footage it seemed like there was nothing out of the ordinary, but I decided to have a look at the audio signal. I noticed a little raise in the audio graph a few hours into the filming so I looked at that part of the video. My heart stopped when I observed what seemed to be some kind of ghost or entity evaporate above my bed.

I have watched the footage over and over trying to figure out some logical explanation for what could have caused the image of what seems to be a ghost, but I haven't been able to come up with a solution. I am really starting to believe that I captured the entity I saw during my paralysis on video. This terrifies me so much that I can no longer sleep in my room. I have slept in my friends room since it has happened as sleeping alone is just too scary for me to deal with right now.

Here is the video.. I'd be very interested to hear your take on it.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube....h?v=TRm-S6GZ_e8

Hi , I've had the exact same scary experience, and guess what, it was when I was sleeping at a friends house in the spare room that didn't have any net curtains, or curtains at all. It was a clear blue summer day leading to a clear night, so I had the window ajar just like you. I've done some research into all strange phenomena and have come to the conclusion that it is a real flying biological entity which has seen you through the window and is using ultrasound to create the confusion and paralysis (look it up on Wikipedia). I think it mistakes you for one it's own kind. Always sleep with the curtains drawn is my advice. I've never had it since and I sleep like a baby. You didn't get the paralysis on the second night, so I would put the video audio and shadow down to the movements of a moth on your light shade.

• Like 1

Good that you set up a camera to actually find some evidence. My experience with shadow creatures/people (although probably just hallucinations) is that they prefer softer and more orange/yellow lighting. Any chance you can change the light or bulb out?

Also keep updating the thread with experiences bout your SP, I personally am especially interested in things like what you had to eat that day, how tired you were when you went to bed, and what position you slept in.

Edited by bulveye

I've done some research into all strange phenomena and have come to the conclusion that it is a real flying biological entity which has seen you through the window and is using ultrasound to create the confusion and paralysis (look it up on Wikipedia).

Well, this sounds familiar....

sry but I dont see anything... lol .. onyl see an empty room

• Like 1

probably just the steam from a cup of something hot that's been placed below the camera ? it definatley rises from down in that area so would look a bit magnified against the back wall ... does it also look like whoever is in that bed is sleeping the wrong way round ? I would expect to see a head on a pillow?? ...

seriously do you want this to stop happening? i will tell you because it worked for me and i have been sleep paralysis free fro 8-9 years:

if you are religious, say your prayers when this happens, but you have to remember to say them...i say this because sometimes you might be so terrorized that you lose all capability for rational thought....anyway, i basically "exorcise" the demon, because i felt it was basically demon-like. after i awoke i would run at it and try to catch it. i have the fight not flight instinct.

it worked, and worked five or so times until it stopped happening.

Sorry, I honestly cant see anything

Sorry, I honestly cant see anything

watch the wall beside the window at the 34 second mark. you will see a faint shadow manifest and then fade off

it really could be anything at all or it could be bullcrap

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 3

Yep, it moves and it looks like it may have a shadow of a body and arm. But it's so faint that I think my mind is adding stuff that is not there.

If the video is genuine, then it must be something... Oh well, there's a lot of video editing anyway.

:35 on a vaguely humanish trunk arched over bed with a vaguely armlike arch extends further over the bed, it slowly raises like smoke before fading out.

The edges of it look digital but that could just be the poor quality of the camera work.

edit:

On a side note it appears that the ghost/shadow person has a door nob for a belly button. Has the clip's poster attempted to simply open the ghost up to see what mysteries are buried deep within it?

Like may cheese or limp lettuce or maybe more vaguely humanlike shadows.....but mostly limp lettuce i would imagine.

Edited by bubblykiss

I know how you did that.....You just made the transparency more transparent on over lay.

Pretty easy really, below was my very first attempt.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Sakari
  • Like 9

If you have more than one light source in the room like say a light bulb and a lamp, blocking one of them would create a faint shadow like the one in this video. I'd say he has a second light source pointed at the wall from the other side of the room (a lamp?) and the shadow is him.

Kinda looks like someone took a dinosaur toy or cutout and slowly moved it upwards.

• Like 3

QUOTE-

Did Mike capture an entity on

film ?

No.

He didn't.

• Like 1

Kinda looks like someone took a dinosaur toy or cutout and slowly moved it upwards.

reminded me of this

psycho_duck_zps001f3c51.gif

• Like 3

reminded me of this

psycho_duck_zps001f3c51.gif

but with less of., well.., everything..,

• Like 2

That's what I thought too. A kid playing with Barney?

• Like 3

It's becoming increasingly hard to buy into any video that is posted about paranormal, cryptozoology, and UFOs anymore. Even if it is something legitimate.

• Like 4

You read my mind!!!

The shadow looks just like the shadow my grandson's Godzilla model casts.

Nibs

• Like 3

probably just the steam from a cup of something hot that's been placed below the camera ? it definatley rises from down in that area so would look a bit magnified against the back wall ... does it also look like whoever is in that bed is sleeping the wrong way round ? I would expect to see a head on a pillow?? ...

Hot drink steam is white and not black.

I'm guessing that it's very likely paranormal. OP you must burn an insense stick in your room before bedtime. You can also get flowers that give off perfume or place jet under your pillow. Get something made of iron and put that in your room.