Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

happy 4th July you lot....

shrooma

happy birthday folks, from your cousins across the pond.

i hope to the gods that there's no replies to this thread because you're all outside somewhere, getting ratted, letting off fireworks/blowing sh¡t up, and generally partying like it's on sale for $19.99....

have fun...!

[insert smiley here]

• Like 8

....and it's a shame you don't really care for soccer(sic), because you're actually pretty good at it....

• Like 1

Howdy shrooma! How are you today?... And thanks for the b'day wishes 'cous....

• Like 1

Howdy shrooma! How are you today?

i'm always good old love!

finished work at 3, few beers, and in the bath with a herbal & pint, relaxing.

i'm up for work in the morning so it's a quiet one tonight, but quiet can be good, right..?!

.... And thanks for the b'day wishes 'cous....

you're

welcome!

I'm going to have ribs, a beer, and fireworks...

• Like 1

and I will have some greek salad and prawns... had to fly yesterday because there was no space on the plane to the island on Saturday or Sunday :cry:

• Like 2

i wouldn't expect anything less....

• Like 1

had to fly yesterday because there was no space on the plane to the island on Saturday or Sunday :cry:

where did you fly from, and to QM?

we live in a country where everywhere is a drive away,- flights don't come in to it!

where did you fly from, and to QM?

we live in a country where everywhere is a drive away,- flights don't come in to it!

USA to Greece

USA to Greece

and not the other way around?

saying that, whichever way around it is, it's a helluva journey....

and not the other way around?

saying that, whichever way around it is, it's a helluva journey....

Not really, it took me almost as long to get over the last leg.... there is storm and no normal planes to the island... had to find me a kamikaze pilot :innocent:

• Like 2

“This week Americans will enjoy Independence Day with family cookouts and fireworks. Flags will be displayed in abundance. Sadly, however, what should be a celebration of the courage of those who risked so much to oppose tyranny will instead be turned into a celebration of government, not liberty. The mainstream media and opportunistic politicians have turned Independence Day into the opposite of what was intended,” --Ron Paul

and I will have some greek salad and prawns... had to fly yesterday because there was no space on the plane to the island on Saturday or Sunday :cry:

Have fun!

My wife says the Greek Islands are the only place in Europe that she wants to visit.

Have fun!

My wife says the Greek Islands are the only place in Europe that she wants to visit.

(whisper the word 'cornwall' to her...)

hands up those of you who are hung over...?

(and those of you that aren't- you really must try harder....)

• Like 1

Had a great day with family and friends. Relatives from Canada also took the the ride from Ottawa to join in the fun. Lots of food and plenty of refreshments. Fire works are always great and the party will continue today....

• Like 1

We celebrated with our annual ATF party.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. (but not in that order, the firearms came first - no drinking while shooting you know)

It was a blast.

• Like 4

(whisper the word 'cornwall' to her...)

Not a chance. Sorry.

I'm half Welsh, and she will not even agree to Ever go see Wales. So Cornwall would be right out.

Been running the smoker for a couple days, chicken and steaks. Did a fab summer squash and snow pea saute, and made cooler corn. Drank a bunch of beer. Made wonderful fresh blueberry muffins with lemon strudel topping. Blew off a small heap of small sparkley fireworks in the driveway last night.

A good time was had by all :)

• Like 2

I noticed that there were a lot less of the 12 AM illegal mortars going off this year, waking up the kids and scaring the dog. Maybe the police were on top of things this year, rather then just letting everyone fire off mortars all night long?

• Like 1

I noticed that there were a lot less of the 12 AM illegal mortars going off this year, waking up the kids and scaring the dog. Maybe the police were on top of things this year, rather then just letting everyone fire off mortars all night long?

I wish I could say the same thing here. Most stopped at a decent hour but some others started up again around 1 am just to let us know that they were still around...

....and it's a shame you don't really care for soccer(sic), because you're actually pretty good at it....

Well the majority of our best athletes play more popular sports(locally popular at least). If soccer was as big here as it is in other countries I'm sure we'd have a better team than we do now.

• Like 1

If soccer was as big here as it is in other countries I'm sure we'd have a better team than we do now.

to say you've only been playing soccer for 10mns, you played exceptionally well- USA Vs Portugal was one of the best games of this world cup so far- more like a league team, who play with each other week in, week out, than a national team who rarely play together.

it wouldn't suprise me if you're in the semi-finals on 2-3 world cups' time, and finalists/winners in less than 20yrs....

to say you've only been playing soccer for 10mns, you played exceptionally well- USA Vs Portugal was one of the best games of this world cup so far- more like a league team, who play with each other week in, week out, than a national team who rarely play together.

it wouldn't suprise me if you're in the semi-finals on 2-3 world cups' time, and finalists/winners in less than 20yrs....

I'm not too knowledgeable about our team, but isn't it half of it imported players from other countries?