Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Br Cornelius

A simple cure for desserification

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mimicking natural herd grazing can reverse desertification, helping arrest climate change into the bargain

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius
1 person likes this

Claims that this is a viable solution to climate change seem to be vastly overstated, it can make a useful contribution to climate change reduction - but cannot undo the damage of fossil fuel burning. Its benefits primarily lie in arresting the loss of soil which is critical to human survival:

http://www.realclimate.org/.../cows-carbon-and-the.../

Br Cornelius

I am in the "not possible boat"

When you present stuff like this you better have the data to back it up. So far he has shown nothing.

For some reason I can't open your link in your second post

Posted (edited)

I am in the "not possible boat"

When you present stuff like this you better have the data to back it up. So far he has shown nothing.

For some reason I can't open your link in your second post

Is that regarding the climate change aspects, which I would agree is not possible in terms of carbon sequestering. However desertification is a driver of climate change in of itself.

He is doing what all geologists seem to do best - denying the reality of fossil fuel derived climate change - sort of. He's fudging it big time.

Second link opens fine for me but if you goto real climate and search on savoy it should bring it up. Basically it trashes the sequestering claim on simply maths.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Mimicking natural herd grazing can reverse desertification, helping arrest climate change into the bargain

Br Cornelius

Lets not forget the greenery and forests in Israel ... that never used to be there...

http://www.israel21c.org/environment/top-10-ways-israel-fights-desertification/

Posted (edited)

Forests in Israel

quote:

Since it was founded the JNF has planted Israel more than 185 million trees creating 280 forests, and still operates today.

In most countries people are born to forests, and forests are given to them by nature. But here in this country, if you see a tree, it was planted by somebody.

—Moshe Rivlin, world chairman of the Jewish National Fund.

http://en.wikipedia....rests_in_Israel

800px-OliveAlmondYaarHulda.jpg

800px-Eshtaol_Forest.jpg

Edited by seeder