Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope calls exploitation of nature a sin

questionmark

(Reuters) - Pope Francis called for more respect for nature on Saturday, branding the destruction of South America's rain forests and other forms of environmental exploitation a sin of modern times.

In an address at the university of Molise, an agricultural and industrial region in southern Italy, Francis said the Earth should be allowed to give her fruits without being exploited.

"This is one of the greatest challenges of our time: to convert ourselves to a type of development that knows how to respect creation," he told students, struggling farmers, and laid-off workers in a university hall.

Read more

"Francis, who took his name from Francis of Assisi, the 13th century saint seen as the patron of animals and the environment, is writing an encyclical on man's relationship with nature."

I have yet to read anything from him speaking about animal ethics. The only related announcement was his admonition for people to stop adopting cats and dogs and make human babies instead, the more the better.

Hard to dispute that the stewardship of the earth should be undertaken wisley.

• Like 1

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I dug a foundation for my house and a well. Please forgive me!

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

The only related announcement was his admonition for people to stop adopting cats and dogs and make human babies instead, the more the better.

Interesting! Sounds like at least one Catholic practice is not changing... Make those babies people.

Make those babies people.

Gotta keep the new recruits coming.

Ha ha I thought it said "exploration" was a sin. I was about to post a WTF comment.

Hard to dispute that the stewardship of the earth should be undertaken wisley.

Not that hard, judging from the "Drill baby, drill!" crowd.

Edited by MysticStrummer