Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congress debates aliens

Did anyone watch the Congressional ET debates with Seth Shostak and some other older dude? It was somewhat interesting, too many jokes by Mr.Shostak though.

I failed to get the point of it all; was it to get funding, to not have SETI shut down, to get more $ from the public?

However, what I got out of it was that if supposing aliens are 10million years ahead of us, then why arent they here? Why no contact, no radio signals, no alien TV shows or radio picked up?

If only 1/4 of SOL could be achieved in say 1m years, why no probes, no alien tourists, no alien armies, no colonists, no pilgrims, no mining for gold or silver prior to humans doing so.

It all rests on it is not our responsibility as new comers to space to find aliens, it is theirs to find us.

• Like 1

I am confident that alien life exists. I will even go so far as to say that microbial life exists in our solar system.

I have not watched the Congressional hearings yet I find it very sad that such issue are being debated by people that could clearly give a s#/^ less about the subject, which I believe totally has ramifications for who we are and where we are going as a species.