Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I saw something in the sky

qxcontinuum

And you could say i am one of the "non ufo believers" if you read my other threads.

But today i saw something astounding, something i never thought i will see;

At 7.05 pm est, i was driving my sport bike on a bumpy road on winston churchil street heading towards Caledon Ontario Canada. Caledon is a quick destination for any motorcycle lovers trying to get away the stop lights and traffic rubbish as well the summer heat from Mississauga city.

Right before entering in a small Terra Cotta village, something ahead in the sky was puling my attention. The road was empty straight ahead with very less traffic at that time and i was riding with about 50km /hr. I saw a bright light in the sky at a not extremely higher altitude that looked like heading towards me. Initially i thought it could be a police traffic helicopter with lights. I locked up on my speedometer making sure the speed is adjusted properly to the signs , then the light dimmed quite fast and i saw a metallic cylinder. The sun setting was to the left, so it could have been a plane reflecting light in the sunlight. I literally smiled remembering about this forum and how easy ppl could misidentify planes with ufo's. But my smile has shortly vanished. In just a mater of seconds i saw another flash and no longer the object. I must mention The sky was crystal clear blue with no traces of clouds. I stopped the bike and stare in the sky more than 5 minutes. Nothing was there anymore and if that was a plane, i should have seen it. Overall i saw the object a few seconds and then was gone without trace. The entire event until i stopped the bike has unfolded for just 20 to 40 seconds...no planes can dissapear out of sight this fast....

End of story.

Will go again at exact the same time in the upcoming days

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 5

And you didn't think to take a photo or organiser a dozen corroborating witnesses?

Poor form QX, poor form :P

Interesting story FWIW.

• Like 1

I did not snapped a photo because most of the sighting i thought to be a plane. I only realized it couldn't have been a plane since it disappeared so fast. I live close to airport and i see planes come and go every day. I can follow them with my naked eyes much more time than this object dissapeard.

If it was very distant, of course it could disappear after the sun stopped glinting back at you - the increase in brightness when it catches the sun will make it visible when it is far beyond the normal detection limit.

I've seen similar effects at least four times in my lifetime of looking up (namely the plane/whatever effectively vanishing after it had finished glinting), but I'm an old codger so maybe you youngsters might need to do a bit of catching up (and also look up from your mobiles every now and then..).

• Like 4

I must say that after 20 minutes and another 20 , i saw two planes coming from north east heading towards Pearson Airport locates south west. The object i saw was oriented towards north. Could have been a plane coming from airport as initially i believed, my only concern is, it disappeared outta of sight way to fast than all the planes i saw but it could have only been a perception error.

I still don't believe in alien driven ufo's :)

Edited by qxcontinuum

And you could say i am one of the "non ufo believers" if you read my other threads.

But today i saw something astounding, something i never thought i will see;

At 7.05 pm est, i was driving my sport bike on a bumpy road on winston churchil street heading towards Caledon Ontario Canada. Caledon is a quick destination for any motorcycle lovers trying to get away the stop lights and traffic rubbish as well the summer heat from Mississauga city.

Right before entering in a small Terra Cotta village, something ahead in the sky was puling my attention. The road was empty straight ahead with very less traffic at that time and i was riding with about 50km /hr. I saw a bright light in the sky at a not extremely higher altitude that looked like heading towards me. Initially i thought it could be a police traffic helicopter with lights. I locked up on my speedometer making sure the speed is adjusted properly to the signs , then the light dimmed quite fast and i saw a metallic cylinder. The sun setting was to the left, so it could have been a plane reflecting light in the sunlight. I literally smiled remembering about this forum and how easy ppl could misidentify planes with ufo's. But my smile has shortly vanished. In just a mater of seconds i saw another flash and no longer the object. I must mention The sky was crystal clear blue with no traces of clouds. I stopped the bike and stare in the sky more than 5 minutes. Nothing was there anymore and if that was a plane, i should have seen it. Overall i saw the object a few seconds and then was gone without trace. The entire event until i stopped the bike has unfolded for just 20 to 40 seconds...no planes can dissapear out of sight this fast....

End of story.

Will go again at exact the same time in the upcoming days

Welcome to our world. How has this experience changed your perspective as being a skeptic?

I did not snapped a photo because most of the sighting i thought to be a plane.

Weird how that works, huh? I think that's why most who have genuine sightings don't catch them on film.

• Like 1

Nothing was there anymore and if that was a plane, i should have seen it.

Not necessarily. Planes can turn and present a smaller cross section to the viewer. At a distance they will seem to disappear.

• Like 3

I must say that after 20 minutes and another 20 , i saw two planes coming from north east heading towards Pearson Airport locates south west. The object i saw was oriented towards north.

The International Space Station, sattelite, dummy missile test, space junk...........the list goes on.

The International Space Station, sattelite, dummy missile test, space junk...........the list goes on.

Swamp gas, time travelers, people from another dimension, Al Gore in his secret armored dirigible.....

• Like 1

I just google ufo in Caledon ontario

It seems i am getting many results.

https://www.google.ca/#q=ufo+sightings+in+caledon+ontario

Update; I found a report from Caledon in January this year. Exactly like in my description

http://www.ufo-hunters.com/sightings/search/52d6aa57b6fbbd8d44000005/UFO%20Sighting%20in%20Caledon,%20Ontario%20(Canada)%20on%20Tuesday%2014%20January%202014

Edited by qxcontinuum

I just google ufo in Caledon ontario

It seems i am getting many results.

You will find many UFO reports around airports.

• Like 4

True but please note that I've been seeing planes every day in the past 9 years since i live close to Pearson's airport. None following this pattern :-)

Edited by qxcontinuum

True but please note that I've been seeing planes every day in the past 9 years since i live close to Pearson's airport. None following this pattern :-)

How often do they draw your attention with the sun reflecting off them as you described?

• Like 1

Silly Rabbit UFO`s are for Kids ! They Always fly around Airports and Flight Schools ! There trying to pick up the Newbe`s to take back home to there planet !

• Like 1

You will find many UFO reports around airports.

Yes, oddly enough that is true.

• Like 1

Yes, oddly enough that is true.

I'm always a little impressed at the sight of a line of aircraft coming in with their insanely bright landing lights swirling in the rising air. I live directly aligned to one of the runways at PDX and those things seem to hover as they come in.

• Like 2

I'm always a little impressed at the sight of a line of aircraft coming in with their insanely bright landing lights swirling in the rising air. I live directly aligned to one of the runways at PDX and those things seem to hover as they come in.

There are a lot of illusions setup by speed and distance. I suspect many UFO sightings are the product of people not being good at judging speed and distance with things in the air.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 3

How often do they draw your attention with the sun reflecting off them as you described?

I am answering to your question. I work from home about 10 hours / day. My desktop and computer is exactly in this position and i am at right now. If i am moving my head to the left 60 degrees , I am seeing the Pearson airport and planes landing or taking off every day. They seem to come from 3 different trajectories as showing in the pic. After 3 pm the sun is always to the left.

Probably when I am slaking at work I could see like 40-50 of them each day ;)

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

Don't you think in 9 years I would have seen at least one dissapearing as the mystery i saw?

Edited by qxcontinuum

Probably when I am slaking at work I could see like 40-50 of them each day ;)

Then on that day it sounds like you saw 51 of them.

Don't you think in 9 years I would have seen at least one dissapearing as the mystery i saw?

No. You'll only see this happen at a certain distance in certain weather conditions. As you noted, they have to look special to catch your attention.

• Like 3

In well over fifty years of very avid skywatching and planespotting (in a climate that suits that type of activity), I've only seen *distant* sun glints - such that the object was only easily seen when it caught the sun - on a few occasions.

Qxc, did you not do probability or statistics at school?

• Like 4

In well over fifty years of very avid skywatching and planespotting (in a climate that suits that type of activity), I've only seen *distant* sun glints - such that the object was only easily seen when it caught the sun - on a few occasions.

Many years ago I thought I saw a meteor or some space junk right after sunset. I saw what looked like something explode in the sky -- it was that bright. I was shooting pictures at a football game so I had a 300mm lens but before I could point the camera at it, it was gone.

But through the long lens I did see a tiny dot moving across the sky about where the "meteor" had been. It had been a small plane that had perfectly caught the setting sun for a few seconds. It was completely invisible to the naked eye after that.

• Like 2

Today since it didn't rained i have been there again. I stopped roughly for an hour in the very same spot. I saw during this time 6 planes from which 2 were on a similar trajectory like the object i saw. I was able to see them going nicely from their initial distant size to a very small dot and disapearing . I wasn't able to replicate visualy the initial happening.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Qxc, why don't you try this, and *think* about it... Take a very small mirror (eg 2"/50mm or smaller), and go about 200 metres/yards at least from your observing point. Now, WITHOUT using the tiny spot of light that it reflects (that would be cheating), see if you can aim it so the reflected sunlight precisely hits your eye back in the observing position, but only by looking at the mirror and guessing at what angle it needs to be. Then, walk all the way back to that observing position and see if you got it. Then, when you see that you haven't got it, walk that 200 metres again, and again without cheating see if you can line it up by only looking at the mirror... and repeat as required..

After you've done this say 10 times, go back and read my post about probability, and THINK about your lack of success... And bear in mind that this is a MUCH easier task than an aircraft at the visual limit - that little mirror subtends a MUCH greater arc in your field of view than a panel on a distant airplane (you may need to look all those words up..). Also think about just how many times you see nearby aircraft glint in the Sun, let alone distant ones - if you claim it is common, then show us a video (date/time stamped) of the very next one you capture, ok?

Hopefully you might start to get it, and work out why I and others have made the comments...

If not, well, what can I say other than - once again, I tried. And Q, congratulations as you clearly saw an alien star-cruiser discharging its quasi-neutrino plasmatic multi-dimensional high-luminosity energy field, which it must do just before it cloaks..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3