Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How the Tea Party just makes the 1% richer

questionmark

Despite this, many economists still think that electricity deregulation will work. A product is a product, they say, and competition always works better than state control.

“I believe in that premise as a matter of religious faith,” said Philip J. Romero, dean of the business school at the University of Oregon and one of the architects of California’s deregulation plan. — New York Times, Feb. 4, 2001

Time was, the only place a guy could expound the mumbo-jumbo of the free market was in the country club locker room or the pages of Reader’s Digest. Spout off about it anywhere else and you’d be taken for a Bircher or some new strain of Jehovah’s Witness. After all, in the America of 1968, when the great backlash began, the average citizen, whether housewife or hardhat or salary-man, still had an all-too-vivid recollection of the Depression. Not to mention a fairly clear understanding of what social class was all about. Pushing laissez-faire ideology back then had all the prestige and credibility of hosting a Tupperware party.

Read more

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aztek

• supervike

• questionmark

• Frank Merton

Popular Days

Hail the return of the robber barons.

Seems to me likely in twenty or so years everyone will have their own solar array on their roof and efficient storage in some battery or whatever in their basement and won't need the grid.

Seems to me likely in twenty or so years everyone will have their own solar array on their roof and efficient storage in some battery or whatever in their basement and won't need the grid.

you do not really think we will loose the grid, do you?? not in usa, they will tax power YOU make. and will be mandated to be on the grid.

I honestly believe the tea party started with fantastic intentions.

It got hijacked and preverted by the powers that be.

• Like 1