Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Socio

Genral:Border Crisis Threatens U.S. Existence

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

http://www.defenseon...hreat-us/87958/

“In comparison to other global threats, the near collapse of societies in the hemisphere with the associated drug and [undocumented immigrant] flow are frequently viewed to be of low importance,” Kelly told Defense One. “Many argue these threats are not existential and do not challenge our national security. I disagree.”

In spring hearings before the Senate and House Armed Services Committees, Kelly said that budgets cuts are “severely degrading” the military’s ability to defend southern approaches to the U.S border. Last year, he said, his task force was unable to act on nearly 75 percent of illicit trafficking events. “I simply sit and watch it go by,” he said. But the potential threats are even greater. Kelly warned that neglect has created vulnerabilities that can be exploited by terrorist groups, describing a “crime-terror convergence” already seen in Lebanese Hezbollah’s involvement in the region.

No doubt proceeding according to the Obama Administrations plans.

Edited by Socio

No doubt proceeding according to the Obama Administrations plans.

No doubt.

It's all going according to plan.

To be fair, he is a representative of the same gov't (albeit years later) that flew tons of illegal drugs into our country.

Plus the military was never doing a great job policing our boarders in the first place.

Look at our Canadian infestation......

Aw heck, I thought the gravest threat to the US was muslim radicals.

Going to have to change my worldview I guess... :innocent:

Posted (edited)

Is anyone else picturing Gen. Kelly standing on a beach, cigar in hand exclaiming "Chachi don't surf." with the Ride of the Valkyries playing in the background? :unsure2:

Edited by Leonardo
1 person likes this

To be fair, he is a representative of the same gov't (albeit years later) that flew tons of illegal drugs into our country.

Plus the military was never doing a great job policing our boarders in the first place.

Look at our Canadian infestation......

No worries - we only come down to shop or enjoy our summer homes.