Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$1.6B Human Brain Project under fire

UM-Bot

More than 190 neuroscience researchers have condemned the project as a waste of money.

The 10-year endeavor, which has been running for nine months, aims to reproduce the functionality of the human brain using an array of supercomputers to learn more about how our minds work and to aid in the development and testing of drug treatments.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/268849/16b-human-brain-project-under-fire

translation 190 neuroscience researchers are mad that they are not the ones who got the funding :innocent:

But personally the project seems kind of useless to me too. I dont think we know enough about the brain to make a computer replica in the first place

• Like 4

How the mind works?

Would this supercomputer be basing this on a select few, because the mind can be altered by so many different things, be it - drugs, alcohol, memories, experiences, influences, money, families, films, friends, religion, etc etc etc etc etc.

I bet they blow through that $1.6 billion pretty fast with minimal gains.

I bet they blow through that $1.6 billion pretty fast with minimal gains.

dont think their supposed to have any gain from reserch funding until the reserch is complete.

The EEC is very efficient in wasting vast sums of money....

I think Obama made this happen, what a waste of money

Hey its better than wasting 1.6Billion dollars funding wars...........

Reminds me of that gag...

The worlds first super computer built by the leading nations at a cost of billions

said to be more intelligent than a thousand human brains.

On completion the scientists put their names in a lottery to pick the one who would

ask the first question.

A Japanese scientist won the lottery and typed in his first question.."Is there a God?"

The computer burst into life,and after a pause of a few seconds a message appeared

on the screen.

THERE IS NOW