Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does God look like?

NuttyKaks

What does God look like? I've always wondered this question. Anyone have any good theories? :unsure2:

(Atheists, I already know what you'll say... I've already heard it billions of times that God doesn't exist. Just don't post it please. Thanks...)

Edited by NuttyKaks
  • Like 4

According to those who've had Near Death Experiences he is an overpowering light that is felt as much as seen.

(your AV is going to cause a seizure)

• Like 3

What does God look like? I've always wondered this question. Anyone have any good theories? :unsure2:

(Atheists, I already know what you'll say... I've already heard it billions of times that God doesn't exist. Just don't post it please. Thanks...)

Here's a good one, "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."

• Like 4

sunshine_meditation.jpg
  • Like 9

Just look at the Universe and try to imagine what created it. See the problem? The short pithy answer is that, like a Vorlon, God looks like anything you imagine.

• Like 6

Wasn't a passage "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image"". Only reason I know that is because I like to question the "our" part. BTW I'm atheist, so did I break some sort of rule by posting here?

Either way I would say according to that, it looks like us. Maybe half man half woman perhaps.

• Like 2

Either George Burns or Morgan Freeman... Take your pick...

I have read that Morgan Freeman has played God in more movies then anyone else.

• Like 2

Wasn't a passage "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image"". Only reason I know that is because I like to question the "our" part. BTW I'm atheist, so did I break some sort of rule by posting here?

Either way I would say according to that, it looks like us. Maybe half man half woman perhaps.

I was going to say the same thing; if you follow the bible, we were made in his image....

mission-to-mars_480_poster.jpg

Maybe like this?? ^^^^

• Like 2

God looks like... well... what ever He pleases to look like.

The Bible says we were made in His image, so I suspect he would favor a human body. Though he also shows up in the Bible as a Loud Noise and a Burning Bush, so anything goes really.

• Like 2

I guess that would depend on what that image is. I mean mankind in physical form or perhaps spirit form? If we are created in his image (spirit form) then who know exactly what that looks like. Might just be an orb of energy/consciousness. An we just pilot this semi-hairless apes. I don't think anyone knows. For all I know we all exist in a simulated universe while aliens use our brains as high end processors.

• Like 2

God is black, isn't she?

• Like 4

According to those who've had Near Death Experiences he is an overpowering light that is felt as much as seen.

(your AV is going to cause a seizure)

I can remove my AV... I'm guessing you mean my signature right?

Either George Burns or Morgan Freeman... Take your pick...

Morgan Freeman is awesome. George Burns played a pretty good God too.

No you didn't break a rule it's just I didn't want to hear "God" doesn't exist because I've heard it a bazillion times.

God is black, isn't she?

God could be an alien! :lol:

Edited by NuttyKaks
  • Like 1

mission-to-mars_480_poster.jpg

Maybe like this?? ^^^^

That would be awesome if that turned out to be true. :D

Edited by NuttyKaks
  • Like 2

I guess that would depend on what that image is. I mean mankind in physical form or perhaps spirit form? If we are created in his image (spirit form) then who know exactly what that looks like. Might just be an orb of energy/consciousness. An we just pilot this semi-hairless apes. I don't think anyone knows. For all I know we all exist in a simulated universe while aliens use our brains as high end processors.

:unsure2: I always thought maybe we were created inside God's brain, so then that would explain why God could look like just about anything really... :mellow:

God looks like... well... what ever He pleases to look like.

The Bible says we were made in His image, so I suspect he would favor a human body. Though he also shows up in the Bible as a Loud Noise and a Burning Bush, so anything goes really.

If you think about it, those little stick figures on the old Robotron game were created in OUR image...

robotron.png

Thinking God looks just like us could be WAY off.

• Like 1

PIA16873_modest.jpg

There you go, questions?

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 9

That's what he looked like maybe fourteen billion years ago: he's aged a bit since.

• Like 7

if jesus was anything to go by, then bizarrely, for someone from the middle east, he looked like a blonde haired, blue eyed hippie....

(think robert powell, a la jesus christ superstar...)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 2

Personally, I believe the story of God looking like a character, whatever shape or form that character may take, is early mans attempt at describing 'who' God is.

I believe God is not so much a singular individual, but rather, a spiritual collection. All souls in the after life coming together as one, for me, is God.

• Like 1

I would say God looks like whatever forms in your mind's eye when you think of Him, and if you don't form an image, then he doesn't look like anything.

• Like 1