Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Top 20 Significant UFO Videos

Sweetpumper

Only the pics or vids that are worthy of a look see. Not every one.

But that's not what you said. You were clearly (or seemed to be) speaking in generalities, not specifically about certain videos or photos that actually require expert analysis.

This is what you said that I was responding to:

To look at a video for a few seconds and say it's fake or real is jumping to conclusions

without having an expert analyzer look at it to make a determination.

Edited by JesseCuster

But that's not what you said. You were clearly (or seemed to be) speaking in generalities, not specifically about certain videos or photos that actually require expert analysis.

This is what you said that I was responding to:

Well people have their own interpretations of the bible so if that's how you see it in this case then so be it.

• Like 1

Heres a quick video dealing with the flares

[media=]

[/media]

Nobody is saying that the flares were anything to do with the sightings of the "triangular craft" The flare theory only refers to the footage took that night of lights blinking in and out in sequence.

Thanks dr no, but concerning the "second" event that evening... in regards to the stationary flares.

Flare theorists seem to believe that witnesses can't tell the difference between flares and something that by all accounts was completely out of this world. Many of the witnesses who came forward included active military personnel who work with flares on a daily basis. They were very adamant that what they saw were not flares! The burning magnesium from the flares illuminates the rising smoke above. They flicker and move about as they fall to the ground. The military staged a flare demo in 2000 hoping to convince everyone that what they actually saw were flares. The demonstration totally backfired as it gave witnesses an opportunity to make a fair comparison and conclude that there was no similarity at all to what they saw.

Thumbnail size: The difference in real flares, and the stationary ones seen over AZ.

post-145910-0-61406500-1406629568_thumb.

As far as the "first"event was concerned....the Vee shaped craft.

Apparently the military did at one point, try and pass it off as being "signal flares".. dropped by a passing bomber airplane that was engaged in a practical drill ??

Then, following that explanation...came the story that the lights were 5 private planes flying in sequence....and that people's eye's were simply playing tricks on them as far as thinking it was one massive (one to two miles wide) slow flying enormous craft.

Also, people did witness planes/jets in the sky that evening....apparently trying to intercept the hovering, massive Vee shaped craft by blasting towards it with their afterburners on full pelt. Witnesses then claimed that the enormous craft shot up and disappeared in an instant.

Good grief, can't someone get the story right...without all the contradictions...especially by the Military.

I have read quite a few articles on the Phoenix Lights concerning both events that evening, and many things don't add up with me.

I do however, believe the many witness testimonies.

IMO....I feel that these two events were somehow connected....and that the Military and Gov't...have muddied the waters with an array of smoke and mirrors as always! <_<

:innocent:

Hmmm... I thought I had ! :unsure2:

Like the others said: Flares. In fact, that video posted by Dr No is exactly the one I saw that convinced me they were flares. (It was actually part of a much longer documentary that took an in-depth look at the Phoenix Lights)

Again I will stress that this is strictly regarding that video shot that night and widely shown as representing what witnesses saw that day.

I have listened to a lot of witness testimony regarding the large dark ship and I am not fully convinced that nothing unusual occurred that day. If they were indeed planes so very high up in the atmosphere that they were hard to make out even with a telescope, one wonders how they managed to draw so much attention from so many people...

Apologies for the confusion on my part....and thanks for your input ufoscan.

I feel that whatever happened over AZ that evening will always remain a true mystery.

Getting to the total truth of things...especially to do with aliens, UFO's etc. There will always be contradictions, cover ups, and great walls of stone put in the way.... by those who do not want the people of this planet to know the honest truth.

You're doing what I already noted that many people do regarding the Phoenix lights.

Either being unaware of there being 2 separate 'UFO' incidents quite some time apart or confusing the 2 separate incidents. The explanation of flares disappearing behind mountains is not being offered for the V shaped formation of lights. It's an explanation for the sighting of lights dropping slowly through the sky

The suggested explanation for the V formation of lights is a formation of A-10 aircraft on their way to (or from, I can't remember the details) Luke AFB and flying over Phoenix in formation.

It's important to know exactly what is being offered as an explanation for what before so readily dismissing it.

Thank you for your opinion.

No, you didn't ask me the question, you asked all the members of UM. When you post you effectively invite the whole community to comment, so I didn't butt in.

The part underlined is duly noted and from that I can conclude that you know nothing about this case at all, given that there were two different events, planes and a couple of hours later, flares. Frankly, it is mind boggling that you can stay this ignorant and have the willingness to parade it so blatantly. Especially given that there were two distinct events has been explained numerous even in this very same thread!

Cheers,

Badeskov

With all due respect....fiddle sticks :st
  • Like 1

Also, why would the Military deploy flares over or nearby a populated area, such as a city/suburbs?

Could that be proven to be a risky or a possible dangerous exercise played out by the military?

Would it be standard obligation by the Military to inform civilians of any training, or experimental exercise in relation to setting off flares in or about close proximity?

I am just a little curious in regards to this :innocent:

• Like 1

Thanks dr no, but concerning the "second" event that evening... in regards to the stationary flares.

Flare theorists seem to believe that witnesses can't tell the difference between flares and something that by all accounts was completely out of this world. Many of the witnesses who came forward included active military personnel who work with flares on a daily basis. They were very adamant that what they saw were not flares! The burning magnesium from the flares illuminates the rising smoke above. They flicker and move about as they fall to the ground. The military staged a flare demo in 2000 hoping to convince everyone that what they actually saw were flares. The demonstration totally backfired as it gave witnesses an opportunity to make a fair comparison and conclude that there was no similarity at all to what they saw.

Thumbnail size: The difference in real flares, and the stationary ones seen over AZ.

post-145910-0-61406500-1406629568_thumb.

As far as the "first"event was concerned....the Vee shaped craft.

Apparently the military did at one point, try and pass it off as being "signal flares".. dropped by a passing bomber airplane that was engaged in a practical drill ??

Then, following that explanation...came the story that the lights were 5 private planes flying in sequence....and that people's eye's were simply playing tricks on them as far as thinking it was one massive (one to two miles wide) slow flying enormous craft.

Also, people did witness planes/jets in the sky that evening....apparently trying to intercept the hovering, massive Vee shaped craft by blasting towards it with their afterburners on full pelt. Witnesses then claimed that the enormous craft shot up and disappeared in an instant.

Good grief, can't someone get the story right...without all the contradictions...especially by the Military.

I have read quite a few articles on the Phoenix Lights concerning both events that evening, and many things don't add up with me.

I do however, believe the many witness testimonies.

IMO....I feel that these two events were somehow connected....and that the Military and Gov't...have muddied the waters with an array of smoke and mirrors as always! <_<

:innocent:

And some people think something is out of this world if it is merely outside of their experience. Many people still don't understand that there were two sets of Phoenix Lights that happened at different times and places. The flares were only visible from certain elevations and distances from the city center. This is because they were dropped on the range to the west of the mountains. The video was taken from high ground to the east of down town Phoenix. Very few people actually saw them. What most of the people who reported lights saw was the formation of planes returning to Luke AFB

And some people think something is out of this world if it is merely outside of their experience.

And some people think that they have all the evidence and answers when they did not experience it.
  • Like 1

And some people think that they have all the evidence and answers when they did not experience it.

Apparently all the answers are in a forum on the interwebz.

Although, I haven't found mine yet.

Also, why would the Military deploy flares over or nearby a populated area, such as a city/suburbs?

Could that be proven to be a risky or a possible dangerous exercise played out by the military?

Would it be standard obligation by the Military to inform civilians of any training, or experimental exercise in relation to setting off flares in or about close proximity?

Let me satisfy your curiosity.

The flares weren't dropped over a civilian area. The flares were dropped over the Barry Goldwater Test Range southwest of Phoenix.

Video analysis of digitally stabilised footage of the second event that night confirms this by showing that they disappear in a way perfectly consistent with where they would drop behind the ridge of the Estrella mountains between Phoenix and the Barry Goldwater range.

• Like 1

That is not the case. One plausible explanation trumps a million fantastic ones. Nothing about any aspect of the Phoenix Lights case that cannot be explained in mundane terms.

They didn't. They were deployed over the training range to the west of Phoenix.

Absolutly not the case. What most people in the general Phoenix area reported occurred from approximatly 8 - 8:30 that night- a huge V shaped craft with lights underneath. It moved silently from the NW to the SE across the valley. Later on that night between approx 9:30 to 10PM the planes w/ flares thing occurred.

And what about that is not explainable in mundane terms? Some people misidentified a formation of planes as a V shaped craft. The NW to SE movement is consistent with the direction the planes would have flown from Luke AFB to the part of the range that lies just west of Phoenix. At some point the flares were deployed. Later, the same squadron flew NW to return to the base. The A-10 is equipped for night operation so night time training runs are not unusual for A-10 pilots.

Oh please, get real. Listen to the witnesses, but you probably don't dare to. None of them described the roaring jet engines of A-10's flying overhead. They all described this craft as silent and glideing - and numerous ones said it was the most awe inspireing thing they had ever witnessed.

I guess that depends on which witnesses you choose to take seriously. It turns out that witnesses in the quieter places like Chandler said the V made jet noise. I am pretty sure that was mentioned here at least once.

Edited by sinewave

Oh please, get real. Listen to the witnesses, but you probably don't dare to. None of them described the roaring jet engines of A-10's flying overhead. They all described this craft as silent and glideing - and numerous ones said it was the most awe inspireing thing they had ever witnessed.

So we've gone from a made up figure of a 50-1 ratio between those who heard silence and those who heard engine noises to now claims that every single one of them described it as silent.

Have you got a link to the eyewitness testimonies you're getting this from? Has someone got a link to a compilation of the available eyewitness testimony taken just after the Phoenix lights event?

How many eyewitnesses made no mention of either noise or silence? How many actually said it was silent? How many actually said there was engine noise?

I want to know what the facts are regarding the actual eyewitnesses interviewed at the time.

• Like 1

I want to know what the facts are regarding the actual eyewitnesses interviewed at the time.

Me too, let us know what you find out.

That's because it looks good on paper. Or should I say now days...pixels. :yes:

• Like 1

Well, do some homework then if it's so important to you - check out the witness videos.

Do your own tally - it could be 20-1, could be 50-1, could be 500-1, hell I have no idea. But all we know now is that it's vastly in favor of a silent craft to anything else.

If you have no idea then why do you keep spouting facts and figures like 50-1 ratios that are "probable", followed by claims that no-one reported that the lights were accompanied by engine noise. You can't have it both ways that no-one reported noise from the lights formation alongside a claim that the people who reported noise are simply outnumbered by those who said it was silent. Especially when you won't give a source and resort to the usual online intellectual laziness of simply telling others to do their own research.

If you have a reliable source of eyewitness testimony, then why not simply pony up with the facts?

Have you or has anyone got an actual link to a source the compiles witness testimonies taken at the time of the Phoenix lights event?

Does anyone have an idea about how many people actually gave testimony at the time? Who took the testimony? Did official authorities interview people? Ufology groups? Is it available online? Were the reports taken and compiled in an unbiased way such that the good, the bad and the ugly were all taken and published or recorded regardless of who said what?

Anyone got an actual reliable link to a source of unbiased eyewitnesses testimonies taken at the time?

• Like 2

Anyone got an actual reliable link to a source of unbiased eyewitnesses testimonies taken at the time?

This is an eye witness account of a family who observed what took place on that strange evening. Edit - (only 3 months after the event)

As Scud said, you could do your own research and find plenty of testimonies from reliable folk.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Astra00

They didn't. They were deployed over the training range to the west of Phoenix.

What about the Vee shaped "drop flares" ? you know!...the ones that moved slowly over witnesses heads that the Military first conjured up.

Oh! and after that excuse.... it was 5 geometrically lighted sequenced private planes that slowly flew over peoples heads.

Then, after that story....it was their own military aircraft that people had witnessed :whistle:

Puleeeze! seems someone is telling fibs here :rolleyes:

What about the Vee shaped "drop flares" ? you know!...the ones that moved slowly over witnesses heads that the Military first conjured up.

Oh! and after that excuse.... it was 5 geometrically lighted sequenced private planes that slowly flew over peoples heads.

Then, after that story....it was their own military aircraft that people had witnessed :whistle:

Puleeeze! seems someone is telling fibs here :rolleyes:

No, there were two separate events. The flares and the V happened at different times. The V was the squadron entering and exiting the test area. The other lights were flares dropped by one of the planes during the training mission.

I am aware there were two different events sinewave.

This is a quote from an article concerning the Vee shaped massive craft and what the Military said concerning the 'flare theory' in the first event.

Quote -"The alleged UFO was spotted flying over the states of Arizona and Nevada as well as in Sonora, Mexico.

When asked the military said that these were "signal flares" dropped by a passing bomber airplane that was engaged in a practice drill."

From the article.

http://www.factswt.com/did-you-know-that-in-1997-mysterious-hovering-lights-have-been-seen-over-phoenix-and-it-still/

Edited by Astra00

As Scud said, you could do your own research and find plenty of testimonies from reliable folk.

Said the pot to the kettle.

You just above in this thread were asking why the military were dropping flares over an urban area when a vague familiarity with the Phoenix lights case would reveal that the flares incident that occured after 9pm that night has been proven to be flares dropped over a military bombing range and happened far from the urban and suburban areas of Phoenix.

Remove the beam from your own eye before attempting to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

• Like 2