Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISIS destroys the tombstone of Jonah

Jeremiah65

I started to put this in the Middle East category as news cause apparently it is news...but I thought I would lay out a clever conspiracy theory around it...

http://www.dailymail...th-Baghdad.html

From the article...

"This is the shocking moment ISIS militants took sledgehammers to Iraqi tombstones - smashing them to pieces.

The rebels, who are members of the Islamic State terror group, were filmed attacking centuries-old graves in the north-west city of Mosul in Ninevah province.

Donning balaclavas and black coats, they swung sledgehammers into the tombs, causing pieces of dust and stone to fly through the air.

One of the devastated tombstones belonged to the Prophet Jonah (Younis in Arabic) and was revered by Muslims and Christians alike, according to Iraqi authorities.

The prophet, who is the central figure in the Hebrew Bible's Book of Jonah, is best known for being swallowed by a fish or a whale, depending on translation."

ISIS (or ISIL) has stated they want to destroy the Kaaba in Mecca as well. They say people are worshiping a rock and not Allah and it must be destroyed. They "say" they are going to destroy anything they perceive as an "idol"...Christian, Islamic, Jewish, whatever.

What if....

Here is my conspiracy theory...

What if ISIS/ISIL really ISN'T a radical Islamic sect and are instead a mercenary group? What if by destroying everything "in the name of Allah" is a way to pull heat away from Israel and the West as they work toward their "real" target...the Dome of the Rock? See how this could go down?

"IF" an Islamic group were to blow the Dome of the Rock down...what would "other" Muslims say? All done in the name of removing "idol worship"...

Are you getting what I am saying?

I know! It's crazy isn't it...but oh man....how happy would Israel be if the Dome came down at the hands of Islamists? The path would be wide open then for the reconstruction of the Temple Mount and the destruction of the Dome would not be on Israeli hands...

Now there is a conspiracy theory!

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 5

"IF" an Islamic group were to blow the Dome of the Rock down...what would "other" Muslims say? All done in the name of removing "idol worship"...

Depends do we have a red heifer ready for sacrifice so we can start rebuilding the temple and usher in The End of Times?

On a realistic note;

http://en.wikipedia..../Diego_de_Landa

Is not remembered kindly among linguists for what he did to protect the faith in our savage new world.

ISIS can follow his footsteps and enjoy the condemnation of history. If that is what they are into that is.

Edited by bubblykiss

Depends do we have a red heifer ready for sacrifice so we can start rebuilding the temple and usher in The End of Times?

On a realistic note;

http://en.wikipedia..../Diego_de_Landa

Is not remembered kindly among linguists for what he did to protect the faith in our savage new world.

ISIS can follow his footsteps and enjoy the condemnation of history. If that is what they are into that is.

Well believe it or not...just about 2 or 3 weeks ago there was a flurry across alternative news sites that a red heifer had been born in Israel. It was being isolated to be observed to make sure it didn't develop any imperfections. You can google it and get a ton of sites talking about it. Whether true or not? I have no idea. the MSM has not mentioned it, but lots of other "alternative" sites have.

• Like 1

No conspiracy or 'secret societies'....just the same old bunch of religious vandals doing what they do best.......remember the Buddhas of Bamiyan - 2001.........."All we are breaking are stones"...commented a Taliban leader.

• Like 5

We know the 3rd Temple will be built, just not when. I think it will be very difficult for that domed building to be destroyed and it NOT be blamed on Israel - even if an earthquake caused it. :)

No conspiracy or 'secret societies'....just the same old bunch of religious vandals doing what they do best.......remember the Buddhas of Bamiyan - 2001.........."All we are breaking are stones"...commented a Taliban leader.

Makes me want to break THEIR "stones" :w00t: :gun:
  • Like 3

Well here is what I find the most puzzling...they are saying they are going to destroy the Kaaba. Now I admit I do not know very much about Islam, but I thought this was like their absolute most holy relic...a thing all Muslims are supposed to make a trip to at least once in their lives.

So why would this group want to destroy it? They say these shrines, holy places and relics are against Islam and they must be destroyed...where did this come from? Why now? What do the other Islamic groups think about this directive from the leader of ISIS?

I am posing these questions all in the spirit of conspiracy theory!

• Like 1

A member of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) has said that they planned to capture Saudi Arabia and destroy the Kaaba, according to report in Turkish media. The report mentioned ISIS's plan to take control of the city of Arar in Saudi Arabia and begin operations there.

ISIS member Abu Turab Al Mugaddasi said: "If Allah wills, we will kill those who worship stones in Mecca and destroy the Kaaba. People go to Mecca to touch the stones, not for Allah."

Source....India Today

• Like 1

That's not a conspiracy theory, that's idle speculation. You have to have some "proof", even it's made up, for it to be a conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

You have to have some "proof", even it's made up, for it to be a conspiracy theory.

best. sentence. ever.

that sums up just about every conspiracy theory ever postulated....

• Like 5

I know many "theories" hanging on a very tenuous thread!

ISIS has said the will destroy the Kaaba....that is not idle speculation (thanks Ealdwita for confirming)...

I can make some shiz up I guess if completely required to call a crazy idea a "conspiracy theory"....but sure...it's speculation. Wild speculation but speculation. I just personally can see a chain of dots that could easily be connected.

How's this....I'll make it up on the fly.

In order to build the third temple, Israel must somehow remove the Dome. They cannot cannot do this without backlash from all of Islam coming after them. However, if islamic extremists destroy it...."hey it's not our fault!". Couple this with the supposed finding of "the red heifer" and perhaps Israel has bought and paid for a "fake" Islamic extremists group to come in and do it for them "in the name of Allah" of course. let's not forget the amazing speed that ISIS has grown and moved and how well financed they are....

Ok....there ya go

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 7

perhaps Israel has bought and paid for a "fake" Islamic extremists group to come in and do it for them "in the name of Allah" of course. let's not forget the amazing speed that ISIS has grown and moved and how well financed they are....

Could be just about any group opposed to Islam, even a group that wants to eventually destroy everything that has any historical religious significance at all.

Let's say they want to bring in a world government that wants peace, and no more wars based on religion. First clear out all the religious idol stuff and places, then people won't have to fight over it anymore.

• Like 1

But aren't conspiracy theories about past events with some new cooked up version to re-explain what happened in a whole new light?

If, what you're saying comes to pass, I'll say, "Whoa, Jeremiah is the new Nostradamus and his conspiracy theory was a conspiracy theory!" Until then, you can find me sitting on the fence on this one.

• Like 1

But aren't conspiracy theories about past events with some new cooked up version to re-explain what happened in a whole new light?

"A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation."

I'd say it also deals with stuff that is currently going on as well...

There is what we read about in the news about what is happening, and what is actually happening. ;)

Edited by Hugh
  • Like 3

What if....

Here is my conspiracy theory...

What if ISIS/ISIL really ISN'T a radical Islamic sect and are instead a mercenary group? What if by destroying everything "in the name of Allah" is a way to pull heat away from Israel and the West as they work toward their "real" target...the Dome of the Rock? See how this could go down?

Are you getting what I am saying?

I know! It's crazy isn't it...but oh man....how happy would Israel be if the Dome came down at the hands of Islamists? The path would be wide open then for the reconstruction of the Temple Mount and the destruction of the Dome would not be on Israeli hands...

Now there is a conspiracy theory!

That's my point, idle speculation. We could play "what if" all day long. "What if" dreams had wings? Then beggars could fly.

Edited by Likely Guy

That's my point, idle speculation.

If you think about it though, would real Muslims want to blow up all the Muslim religious places?

• Like 1

You raise valid questions. Muslims respect sites that also are holy and sacred to Christians and Jews. This is like a Baptist desecrating the alleged grave of Noah. It makes no sense. Of course, professional spooks would never create violent groups that get out of hand. Oh, wait! Man, you need a scorecard to follow the "good guys" and the "bad guys" these days. Maybe John McCain has one.

• Like 1

On a realistic note;

There's nothing unrealistic about it. :) At least one Christian, of the Last Days variety, is trying to breed red heifers in order to do just that.

• Like 2

They went after Buddhist objects, though. It's doubtful that they would have destroyed relics that were linked to people of the Book.

If you think about it though, would real Muslims want to blow up all the Muslim religious places?

If (again the great word "if") they thought that they were the purest and most devout of the faith and that the others were worshiping idols, then yes, they would. Weren't there schisms in the Christian faith over the very same issue?

• Like 1

Are there precedents? We know that both Catholics and Protestants have done this kind of thing in Ireland. The former burned King James Bibles. The latter destroyed church statues of the Virgin Mary, saints, angels, etc.. Orthodox iconography was forbidden by some. Fundamentalists put some translations of the New Testament on bonfires. Have Muslims done the same kind of thing within the varied branches of Islam? There's a gulf between Shia and Sunni, but I don't recall intra-Islam arson and vandalism like such events among fanatical Christians.

Edited by Detective Mystery 2014
  • Like 1

This seems a much more serious thing though, I mean blowing up all the places that they say they want to... this isn't just books and statues...

• Like 1

Are there precedents? We know that both Catholics and Protestants have done this kind of thing in Ireland. The former burned King James Bibles. The latter destroyed church statues of the Virgin Mary, saints, angels, etc.. Orthodox iconography was forbidden by some. Fundamentalists put some translations of the New Testament on bonfires. Have Muslims done the same kind of thing within the varied branches of Islam? There's a gulf between Shia and Sunni, but I don't recall intra-Islam arson and vandalism like such events among fanatical Christians.

Yes, there are plenty of precedents of intra-Islamic destruction. The most notable proponents of this destruction are followers of Wahhabism. It therefore probably shouldn't be a big surprise that Wahhabism lies at the heart of ISIS.

Wahhabism is a radical religious movement or offshoot branch of Islam variously described as "orthodox", "ultraconservative", "austere", "fundamentalist", "puritanical" (or "puritan"), an Islamic "reform movement" to restore "pure monotheistic worship", or an "extremist movement". It aspires to return to the earliest fundamental Islamic sources of the Quran and Hadith...Many buildings associated with early Islam, including mazaars, mausoleums and other artifacts have been destroyed in Saudi Arabia by Wahhabis from the early 19th century through the present day.

The majority of the world's Wahhabis are from Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia. 22.9% of all Saudis are Wahhabis (concentrated in Najd). 46.87% of Qataris and 44.8% of Emiratis are Wahhabis. 5.7% of Bahrainis are Wahhabis and 2.17% of Kuwaitis are Wahhabis. A number of terrorist organizations adhering to the Wahhabi Movement include Al Qaeda, the Taliban as well as most recently as of 2014, ISIS.

{My emphasis - Peter B}

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabi_movement#Beliefs

So, yes, I'd say the behaviour of these people is entirely in line with what we'd expect of ISIS members.

• Like 1

That's my point, idle speculation. We could play "what if" all day long. "What if" dreams had wings? Then beggars could fly.

yes...yes...speculation.

I can see "oddities" that seem could easily be used for working toward an end goal.

My "idea" is no different than anyone else taking a group of vaguely related events and chaining them together into a path and then projecting where they think that path is leading.

I think that the goal is the destruction of the Dome and the rebuilding of the Temple. It is no secret to anyone that follows Judaism and Christianity that this is a very-very desired development. Is it possible that someone would go to very extreme measures to start that process? Have you followed the "extremists" lately? From all sides? I don't think anything is out of the scope of possibility.

Maybe the current violence in Gaza is to get Hamas to launch those bigger and better rockets into Israel...they say they are reaching further in than ever before...some reaching "Jerusalem"..."Oops, the Iron Dome failed and that Palestinian launched rocket accidentally hit the Dome"...

Would real Christians want to destroy Christian symbols? Well, the Puritans certainly did, and English protestant churches are still pretty undecorated to this day compared with the Roman Catholic ones is countries that didn't have a Puritan revolution.

We know the 3rd Temple will be built, just not when.

I don't think we know that at all