Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magikman

Plant Music

6 posts in this topic

Those of you who enjoy 'new age' music may like this site. A biochemist has taken the molecular structure of proteins found in plants and converted them into sounds. Very relaxing. The link comes from an article in the current FORTEAN TIMES magazine;

http://www.molecularmusic.com/

MAGIKMAN

Magikman is the music playing on the link the music that was created?

If that is, I must agree the music is very relaxing.

Pixie,

Yes, that is a sample of the music. If you click on the "Music of the Plants" link on the left side of the webpage, there are several more selections you can listen to. They are short, 30 sec. samples, and you'll need real player or windows media player to listen to them.

Magikman

MagikMan, I'm glad you discovered this site,  thanks for posting the address. I have been there several times now,  and I really enjoy the music.  I have tried to purchase the CD, but I get no replies.    :(

NORA

Nora,

Hmmmmmm.......I did a little checking around for you, kiddo, but unfortunately there isn't anyone in the states that sells this cd (amazon.com, cdnow.com, etc.). Did you try sending an email to this address? info@molecularmusic.com

I see that the company that sells the cd is located in Crediton, Devon, England. Is it possible that one of our new members lives close to this area and might be able to ring these people up to ask for ordering information? :-/

Magikman

HEY MAGIK!

Thanks for checking out places over here for the CD.  Actually,  I did write to them, but never got a reply. :(

Also,  thanks to the internet world,  I have made many new friends over in England.  I even 'turned them on' ;D to the website!  I will have to see if they can help me.  But if anyone here finds out anything more,  I would greatly appreciate it!

Take care,

NORA