Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stem cell patient grows a nose on her back

UM-Bot

A failed stem cell procedure ended up producing a strange nose-like growth over eight years later.

The woman, who has remained anonymous, had been subjected to a procedure in which stem cells from her nose had been implanted in to her spine in order to help cure her paralysis.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/269014/stem-cell-patient-grows-a-nose-on-her-back

teething (or nasal!) problems.

in 50yrs time they'll have nailed it.

i'm assuming the procedure was consensual and not an experiment, so really we should be thanking the lady in question for her pioneering attitude towards an untested procedure, and for helping to advance our knowledge towards a treatment that will ultimately benefit the whole of humanity.

• Like 1

Hopefully it can be easily removed as the growth didn't attach to her spine.

• Like 3

Well I guess we have learned to only take the stem cells from the part of the body that you would like healed. This would suck by the way, I feel bad for her.

So where is the picture of the nose-like growth?

i guess she remained anonymous. Edited by Calle

I smell a rat.

Harte

I agree with Use your brain. Same cells for same parts. But, trial and error is how we get it right.

what? no pics? sad face.

Who nose how that happened?

I nose-ticed what you did there, nose puns intended :P

Who nose how that happened?

Nobody nose. The whole thing smells fishy.

Could be worse, could have grown in her arm pit.

She obviously just had a bad case of runny nose. It simply ran to her back. Do I have to start solving medical mysteries now?

Interesting. So I could take cells from a certain private area and graft them onto my forehead if I wanted?

Interesting. So I could take cells from a certain private area and graft them onto my forehead if I wanted?

Aren't you afraid that nobody will be able to tell the difference?

Harte

Interesting story and truly bizarre .... I don't think even Nose-tradamus could have predicted this one!

Sorry sorry I will euthanize myself for making that joke straight away .... :whistle: