Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Humourless feminists strike again

Space Commander Travis

Thats' right, the shrieking strident humourless feminists strike again.

An in-flight Air New Zealand safety video, which had been branded sexist, has been replaced.

The

featured models dressed in bikinis demonstrating safety procedures with airline equipment.

Australian Natasha Young began a Change.org petition which called on the airline to stop using the video.

"This video completely disregards passengers who find it offensive," she said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/28224422

So do shrieking feminists have complete authority now, then? If they take objection to something, that's it, it has to go? Who gave them this amount of power?

• Like 8

Who gave them this amount of power?

"As scheduled we began the process of phasing in the Bear Essentials of Safety video featuring Bear Grylls on our fleet around a week ago and this process is almost complete."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/28224422

WHAT!! do they not know how offensive this is to bears and bear lovers!

As for the power thing, I believe its someone called "god" as it is alleged he make everyone equal.

AR? AR are you listening to me? take your eyes OFF those girls and read my post. :passifier:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Anyone who has a voice and is offended by something can voice that opinion however they see fit and do what they can to change what offends them.

• Like 2

I'm not too sure about sexist... But somehow I just don't get the point of bikinis on the beach relating to an emergency on an airplane. Maybe I'm just too literal in thinking demonstrating an emergency on an airplane would be better suited to what to do in case of emergency on an airplane.

• Like 5

Thats' right, the shrieking strident humourless feminists strike again

So do shrieking feminists have complete authority now, then? If they take objection to something, that's it, it has to go? Who gave them this amount of power?

Not just the feminists, AR.....just about every minority group you can think of goes through life with a fine-tooth comb seeking reasons to be outraged or offended.....sometimes for a nice dollop of 'compo' and other times just because they can!

• Like 7

people staring women because of their bodies, what is the world coming to :innocent:

• Like 5

As a fully paid up member of the Male sex group, I am extremely offended that at Wimbledon Tennis and other Tennis tournaments Males have to play 5 set matches, but Females only play 3 , if the Females want equality they have to address this issue.

• Like 8

I'm not too sure about sexist... But somehow I just don't get the point of bikinis on the beach relating to an emergency on an airplane. Maybe I'm just too literal in thinking demonstrating an emergency on an airplane would be better suited to what to do in case of emergency on an airplane.

They're famous for their safety videos being a little different from the norm. They had a series of Hobbit/LOTR based ones (which surely short people would have found offensive. :cry: )

• Like 5

As a fully paid up member of the Male sex group, I am extremely offended that at Wimbledon Tennis and other Tennis tournaments Males have to play 5 set matches, but Females only play 3 , if the Females want equality they have to address this issue.

We do not want equality on everything

tumblr_m2kynbkL1d1qf1qhm.gif

But when men start playing in short skirts and tight knickers then we will consider hanging around for 2 more frames.

• Like 5

We do not want equality on everything

tumblr_m2kynbkL1d1qf1qhm.gif

But when men start playing in short skirts and tight knickers then we will consider hanging around for 2 more frames.

Some do....

• Like 4

freetoroam... You comment reminded me of one of my favorite quotes from the recent moive "Dark Shadows"...

In it a young woman ("Victoria Winters") is being interviewed by an older woman ("Elizabeth Collins") for a position as nanny in the year 1971...

Elizabeth Collins What do you think of the President?

Victoria Winters: Never met him.

Elizabeth Collins: What do you think of the war?

Victoria Winters: I don't watch television.

Elizabeth Collins: Do you think the sexes should be equal?

Victoria Winters: Heavens, no. Men would become quite unmanageable.

Elizabeth Collins: I think we're going to get along fine.

Edited by Taun
  • Like 5

skirt4men.jpg

Some do....

Jeeeeeze, what a waste of material!

• Like 7

So, now women are not allowed to wear bikinis when lecturing in airline safety videos. The feminists will have a field day about that blatant stomping on the freedom of women! :mellow:

Oh, wait...

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 6

So, now women are not allowed to wear bikinis when lecturing in airline safety videos. The feminists will have a field day about that blatant stomping on the freedom of women! :mellow:

Oh, wait...

That's the funniest thing, they're always on about women being allowed to do whatever they want, but they take a very firm line in dictating what women are allowed to do and how they're allowed to dress, don't they. Somehow, being free to dress how you want to is somehow demeaning. Maybe they'd feel at home in, say, Saudi Arabia, where they take a similarly firm line on this sort of thing. :mellow:
  • Like 4

They're famous for their safety videos being a little different from the norm. They had a series of Hobbit/LOTR based ones (which surely short people would have found offensive. :cry: )

Ok, well that makes the bikinis on the beach make more sense then if they regularly do out of context videos. Though I do have to wonder how many dippy gals would look for air masks on the beach if there was an emergency, lol. :unsure2:

• Like 1

the good news is, it's still on You tube, for now at any rate;

:clap:

• Like 5

They say in the video its also the anniversary of sports illustrated swim suit edition. Its the reasoning they use as to celebrate both I guess

• Like 2

I am often told that the man is the head of the house,

but the wife is the neck

and she turns the head any which way

End of story really , us fellas have lost the war before the battle begins.

• Like 4

Yep... Pretty much... (IMO anyway)...

Actually.. when I typed that... The pic was blocked out... Let me change my post a bit...

To... uh... um... crap... I put my foot in it that time didn't I...

• Like 6

Good Bye Jetstar Hello Air New Zealand...........

I should probably thank the feminists for brining this to light, Air New Zealand is about to get booked up. Hopefully I can beat the rush.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Actually.. when I typed that... The pic was blocked out... Let me change my post a bit...

To... uh... um... crap... I put my foot in it that time didn't I...

Yeah.....weeee knooowwwww.......(nudge nudge, wink wink)

• Like 1

Yeah.....weeee knooowwwww.......(nudge nudge, wink wink)

That pic is still just a red x on my work computer (thank goodness)...

Actually I could never be "gay"... Getting turned down by women is bad enough, I'm not sure getting turned down by guys as well would help my self esteem any...

• Like 4