Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

None So Blind ...

JeanBaptisteChatelaine

I have a problem with some “scholars” irrespective of which direction their field of interest/expertise lies. Many are simply not prepared to think out the box. Like when they are confronted by a mystery, something that cannot be referenced or easily explained. At times like this their simply dismiss it as being “unexplained.” This is particularly true and their standard answer when it comes to anything related to an ancient culture be it Egypt, the Maya, Aztec or Middle Eastern is “it is probably part of an ancient religious ceremony.”

Take dragons for instance … giant flying reptilian type creatures that breathe fire, capture and eat maidens etc. Mythical beasts? Yeah right. A mythological beastie that is portrayed in the same form across the globe – from England to the Far East. Origin unknown, cannot be explained so they are dismissed by scholars as a myth.

And the pyramids of Egypt which allegedly were built in 20 years by a gazillion slaves using the old “heave-ho” method. If this is true then each of the more than 2,300,000 limestone and granite blocks weighing an average 2.5 tons, had to be put in place every three minutes! Gimme a break.

Ancient alien theorists myself included, have no problem with how the pyramids were built. It should be obvious to everyone that extra-terrestrials were on earth at that time. But because the ancients were only able to use their own vocabulary and knowledge to describe events of their time, these theories are dismissed.

Now many of the same people who refuse to believe this are quite prepared to accept the creation of a living breathing human being from dust, the parting of a sea, the raising of the dead, walking on water and changing water into wine etc. Why? Well because “the Bible says so.” Yet most of these people probably have no idea of where, when, how and why the Bible was compiled. Nope, if it’s in the bible its true. I mean, doesn’t our priest/pastor/minister open the Bible every Sunday and say: “Now hear the word of the Lord?” Yet there are many references to aliens and alien craft in the very book they erroneously believe to be the word of G-d.

Astronomers study the universe and seem able to detect cosmic activity that occurred a billion years ago, they study light that came from a star that imploded eons ago but some refuse to even consider the possibility that extra-terrestrials have visited earth in the past. They cannot believe that aliens could have influenced the lives of many people mentioned in the Bible, from Adam & Eve right thru to Yeshu aka Jesus.

For example, the Ark of the Covenant, built according to exact specifications given by G-d … so high, so wide etc etc. It’s claimed that this precision built “box” was simply a receptacle in which to keep two stone tablets! It was kept in the Temple and only the High-Priest had access to it. G-d was said to have communicated “from between the two cherubim on the Ark.”

I mentioned the Gospel of St. Mary earlier in another thread. Now in this book, rejected by the Council of Nicea probably because it was written by a woman, there is a passage about the “lawgiver” instructing the High-Priest to carry bells so that whenever he entered the Temple to sacrifice, “he whom they worshipped, hearing the bells would have time to hide himself and not be caught in his ugly shape and figure.”

So who knows, perhaps “he whom they worshipped” was an alien, hence his “ugly shape and figure.”

• Like 1

Zoser, is that you?

JBC, is this what your research came up with...aliens?

• Like 6

"Take dragons for instance … giant flying reptilian type creatures that breathe fire, capture and eat maidens etc. Mythical beasts? Yeah right. A mythological beastie that is portrayed in the same form across the globe – from England to the Far East. Origin unknown, cannot be explained so they are dismissed by scholars as a myth."

You lost me already, maybe not the best thing to lead with for future reference :no:

• Like 1

Zoser, is that you?

Zoser, is that you?

This post have very little to do with my research ... but you have a problem with it?

"Take dragons for instance … giant flying reptilian type creatures that breathe fire, capture and eat maidens etc. Mythical beasts? Yeah right. A mythological beastie that is portrayed in the same form across the globe – from England to the Far East. Origin unknown, cannot be explained so they are dismissed by scholars as a myth."

You lost me already, maybe not the best thing to lead with for future reference :no:

That's what you say!

No, the Chinese say it is regrettable that their celestial serpent has been translated as Dragon in western languages as they are completely different beasts. An ancient Asian mythological archtype, it also appears in the various mythologies of the peoples of Asiatic descent of the new world the most notable being Quetzalcoatl, the Feathered Serpent of the Aztecs.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd
  • Like 3

This post have very little to do with my research ... but you have a problem with it?

Only a little problem, like the aliens bit.

I am also not religious so the aliens influencing the lives of many people in the bible is even more ......alien to me.

You may want to peruse some of the past threads on this subject and see how they faired. :cry::whistle:

• Like 2

Only a little problem, like the aliens bit.

I am also not religious so the aliens influencing the lives of many people in the bible is even more ......alien to me.

You may want to peruse some of the past threads on this subject and see how they faired. :cry::whistle:

Personally I think the "aliens bit' is pretty much on the spot so to speak. I am of the opinion that the only explanation for what is contained in the writings that the Catholic Church condensed into the bible, is alien orientated.

I am a sort of newbie and I see that you have over 6,000 posts to your credit here. So I guess it would prudent for me to keep my head like below the ramparts until I've paid my dues ... maybe ... perhaps.

• Like 1

Take dragons for instance … giant flying reptilian type creatures that breathe fire, capture and eat maidens etc. Mythical beasts? Yeah right. A mythological beastie that is portrayed in the same form across the globe – from England to the Far East. Origin unknown, cannot be explained so they are dismissed by scholars as a myth.

Many myths are influenced by other cultures and the idea of a flying monster is not all that unique. Just because there are similarities in other myths mean nothing. There has never been physical evidence pointing to such a creature....e-v-e-r.

And the pyramids of Egypt which allegedly were built in 20 years by a gazillion slaves using the old “heave-ho” method. If this is true then each of the more than 2,300,000 limestone and granite blocks weighing an average 2.5 tons, had to be put in place every three minutes! Gimme a break.

Why should it be such a stretch to consider the Egyptians built them NOT with slaves but hired help and used a type of sandstone cement? Apparently hair strands were found INSIDE some of the upper level blocks. Cement sounds far more plausible than things form another planet.

It should be obvious to everyone that extra-terrestrials were on earth at that time.

It is not obvious to me especially when there is no proof.

Now many of the same people who refuse to believe this are quite prepared to accept the creation of a living breathing human being from dust, the parting of a sea, the raising of the dead, walking on water and changing water into wine etc.

I don't believe any of it.

Astronomers study the universe and seem able to detect cosmic activity that occurred a billion years ago, they study light that came from a star that imploded eons ago but some refuse to even consider the possibility that extra-terrestrials have visited earth in the past. They cannot believe that aliens could have influenced the lives of many people mentioned in the Bible, from Adam & Eve right thru to Yeshu aka Jesus.

They don't accept it because there is no quantifiable proof.

• Like 1

Many myths are influenced by other cultures and the idea of a flying monster is not all that unique. Just because there are similarities in other myths mean nothing. There has never been physical evidence pointing to such a creature....e-v-e-r.

Why should it be such a stretch to consider the Egyptians built them NOT with slaves but hired help and used a type of sandstone cement? Apparently hair strands were found INSIDE some of the upper level blocks. Cement sounds far more plausible than things form another planet.

It is not obvious to me especially when there is no proof.

I don't believe any of it.

They don't accept it because there is no quantifiable proof.

Difficult to gainsay your post Citizen Ryu simply because like moi and the rest of us, we have no proof for or against what I posted in my thread.

Personally I think the "aliens bit' is pretty much on the spot so to speak. I am of the opinion that the only explanation for what is contained in the writings that the Catholic Church condensed into the bible, is alien orientated.

I am a sort of newbie and I see that you have over 6,000 posts to your credit here. So I guess it would prudent for me to keep my head like below t

he ramparts until I've paid my dues ... maybe ... perhaps.

We were all newbies once, so you ram what ever parts you like, but aliens? Sorry, not having it, at all!

• Like 1

We were all newbies once, so you ram what ever parts you like, but aliens? Sorry, not having it, at all!

I'm all for everyone being entitled to their own opinion which is our democratic right.

However in a universe which is like 14 billion years old and which has no end, surely the is a possibility be it ever so tiny, that we may not be alone in this vast Cosmos?

If we discount the creation myth, the alien visitation theory then what are we left with? Evolution ... Surely not?

Then I guess maybe cavemen built the pyramids?

I think Dragons might exist too, but I think they're probably multi dimensional beings and smart enough to stay away from humans for obvious reasons.

I agree ... If they smart enough to fly and breathe fire, then they should have figured that humans are toxic.

• Like 2

I'm all for everyone being entitled to their own opinion which is our democratic right.

However in a universe which is like 14 billion years old and which has no end, surely the is a possibility be it ever so tiny, that we may not be alone in this vast Cosmos?

If we discount the creation myth, the alien visitation theory then what are we left with? Evolution ... Surely not?

Then I guess maybe cavemen built the pyramids?

There is a big difference to believing in other life forms out there somewhere, to aliens have not only visited Earth, but done a bit of the McAlpine while here.

I do believe there are other life forms out there, but be them plant or animal or fish or plankton is still a long way off from us knowing.

But as of yet, I believe we are the ones who may spot them first, but this does not mean we will get near enough to them to shake a hand, hoof or fin, or even build a pyramid or two.

It is possible that when the meteorite which hit Earth wiping out the dinosaurs did contain some form or plankton or molecule which enabled the start of a new form of life on this Earth, but it was not man as we know him today and it did not build buildings or influence lives in a later novel.

Edited by freetoroam

That's what you say!

....and somehow, i think he's not the only one saying it....

• Like 4

Don't waste your time parading your romantical notions as fact or real speculation. Include them in a fantasy novel and make a fortune. If people love stuff like Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games, it should be a cakewalk to millionaire status and shaking hands will Jimmy Fallon.

• Like 2

You know, I find almost without exception the people who say this kind of "Academics don't do anything but spout out what they've already been told" are people with zero interaction with actual academics. They're unfamiliar with the process by which academics gain their credentials -- original research or (re-)evaluative criticism of research -- or the fact that there is nothing like an official line in any academic field. It also ignores the truly prodigious amount of petty bickering over minutiae that lots of academics do.

So rather than blathering on with tired old lies, why don't you confirm for us your own credentials for critiquing the system? How have you personally experienced it? What basis do you have for making that critique? What do you have that makes you more credible than the people who do have daily, first-hand knowledge of it? What do you suggest to fix the problem?

Or should we just go forward and assume you have your own brilliant theory that the system won't accept because of "gross historical errors" or "incomplete understanding of scientific methodology", since we all know they're personally involved with keep your brilliance down.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 6

I have a problem with some “scholars” irrespective of which direction their field of interest/expertise lies. Many are simply not prepared to think out the box. Like when they are confronted by a mystery, something that cannot be referenced or easily explained. At times like this their simply dismiss it as being “unexplained.” This is particularly true and their standard answer when it comes to anything related to an ancient culture be it Egypt, the Maya, Aztec or Middle Eastern is “it is probably part of an ancient religious ceremony.”

Ancient alien theorists myself included, have no problem with how the pyramids were built. It should be obvious to everyone that extra-terrestrials were on earth at that time. But because the ancients were only able to use their own vocabulary and knowledge to describe events of their time, these theories are dismissed.

Now many of the same people who refuse to believe this are quite prepared to accept the creation of a living breathing human being from dust, the parting of a sea, the raising of the dead, walking on water and changing water into wine etc. Why? Well because “the Bible says so.” Yet most of these people probably have no idea of where, when, how and why the Bible was compiled. Nope, if it’s in the bible its true. I mean, doesn’t our priest/pastor/minister open the Bible every Sunday and say: “Now hear the word of the Lord?” Yet there are many references to aliens and alien craft in the very book they erroneously believe to be the word of G-d.

For example, the Ark of the Covenant, built according to exact specifications given by G-d … so high, so wide etc etc. It’s claimed that this precision built “box” was simply a receptacle in which to keep two stone tablets! It was kept in the Temple and only the High-Priest had access to it. G-d was said to have communicated “from between the two cherubim on the Ark.”

I mentioned the Gospel of St. Mary earlier in another thread. Now in this book, rejected by the Council of Nicea probably because it was written by a woman, there is a passage about the “lawgiver” instructing the High-Priest to carry bells so that whenever he entered the Temple to sacrifice, “he whom they worshipped, hearing the bells would have time to hide himself and not be caught in his ugly shape and figure.”

So who knows, perhaps “he whom they worshipped” was an alien, hence his “ugly shape and figure.”

Why do people insist on looking for "other explanations" to events in the Bible when "it was made up" is a perfectly acceptable explanation should you not accept the explanation given in the text? The TEXT ITSELF explains how Jesus walks on water etc. I cannot understand how people go "ohh, I believe the events in the Bible happened, but the explanation is nonsense, it was clearly aliens".

As for dragons, the winged maiden eating beasties are almost exclusively European - in fact almost exclusively BRITANNIC mythological entities. A good explanation is "they found Dinosaur bones and "knowing" the world to be six thousand years old, had to explain them as bring something "me ol' grandpa once saw"". Throw in talespinners and the Medieval versions of PT Barnum, and voilà Dragons.

Now, ancient aliens. Yes. Them.

Care to provide evidence that isn't interpretive and hand waved? Please??

• Like 3

Why do people insist on looking for "other explanations" to events in the Bible when "it was made up" is a perfectly acceptable explanation should you not accept the explanation given in the text? The TEXT ITSELF explains how Jesus walks on water etc. I cannot understand how people go "ohh, I believe the events in the Bible happened, but the explanation is nonsense, it was clearly aliens".

As for dragons, the winged maiden eating beasties are almost exclusively European - in fact almost exclusively BRITANNIC mythological entities. A good explanation is "they found Dinosaur bones and "knowing" the world to be six thousand years old, had to explain them as bring something "me ol' grandpa once saw"". Throw in talespinners and the Medieval versions of PT Barnum, and voilà Dragons.

Now, ancient aliens. Yes. Them.

Care to provide evidence that isn't interpretive and hand waved? Please??

s*!t Sir, with that one post, you've practically called time on 60% of the twaddle pedalled on these forums!

all hail Sir Wearer, and long may he reign!

:-D

• Like 1

Sudstituting ancient theology with modern mythology is all the rage and very chic.

• Like 3

No not aliens, but honest to god humans built those old structures, don't put us down so easily, just because modern tech is the only one we know right now doesn't mean ancient tech needed to be the same or similar, and so comparisons or thesis based on what we know fall short of what might actually have been...

Operant consciousness may be an avenue to explore for past deeds as it is a subject that is inherent to all mythologies, pre cultist eras, and can be attributed to many meta type scenarios where seemingly impossible deeds were undertaken and completed.

Dragon mythology though is peculiar as noted by previous posters, no physical evidence to support the myth and thanks to visual media, no likely 'suspension of disbelief' in current portrayals of the creatures physiognomy.

We called them Taniwha where I am, some sort of cross dimensional entity that is regarded with awe.

Good rant though....

By all meas of respect, but what research?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

I have a problem with some “scholars” irrespective of which direction their field of interest/expertise lies. Many are simply not prepared to think out the box. Like when they are confronted by a mystery, something that cannot be referenced or easily explained. At times like this their simply dismiss it as being “unexplained.”

What, exactly, is wrong with an expert saying "I don't know" when it comes to a mystery relating to their field of expertise?

And the pyramids of Egypt which allegedly were built in 20 years by a gazillion slaves using the old “heave-ho” method.

Which experts say that slaves were used to build the pyramids? Pretty much none these days. It's generally accepted they were built with a combination of professionals supplemented during the annual Nile flood by temporarily unemployed farmers.

With the greatest of respect, you'll do better criticising experts if you're correct in what they claim.

If this is true then each of the more than 2,300,000 limestone and granite blocks weighing an average 2.5 tons, had to be put in place every three minutes! Gimme a break.

I take it you consider it implausible that a 2.5 ton block could be properly emplaced in a pyramid in the space of three minutes.

Well, you're almost certainly right.

But that would only be significant if you thought the pyramid was built literally one block at a time.

Given the size of the pyramid, don't you think it's possible teams of workers could be placing stones all over the site simultaneously?

I mean, if I was to have a very large brick house built, I might consider hiring more than one brickie to lay the bricks...

Ancient alien theorists myself included, have no problem with how the pyramids were built. It should be obvious to everyone that extra-terrestrials were on earth at that time.

My problem with this is that the pyramids appear not to involve the use of technology that the ancient Romans had - things like iron tools, pulleys, concrete and arches. What sort of aliens have less technology than the Romand did 2000 years later?

But because the ancients were only able to use their own vocabulary and knowledge to describe events of their time, these theories are dismissed.

Presumably the ancient Egyptians had words to say things like, "Nope, we didn't build that thang - it was them weirdos/hairies/scalies/things with tails." Humans have long had the ability to make up (usually derogatory) terms for other humans. How hard would it be to apply such terms (or invent new ones) for aliens?

And there are many people around who reject such stories in the Bible as well.

Astronomers study the universe and seem able to detect cosmic activity that occurred a billion years ago, they study light that came from a star that imploded eons ago but some refuse to even consider the possibility that extra-terrestrials have visited earth in the past.

As others have pointed out, it's that old evidence thing. It'd be useful if there was evidence beyond what's in the Bible.

• Like 4