Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
antiguogrumete

Buried planes

7 posts in this topic

According to stories told by people of the place in the Valencian town of Liria were buried several aircraft of the Republican army, of Russian manufacture (Polikarpov biplane I-15 or Chato, and I-16, the Fly) at the end of the Spanish civil war (1939).

[media=]

[/media]

Near the place where the airfield was placed in the war, we can see a building for a restaurant shaped like an airport tower.

The exact location where they are buried is a mystery despite the research we the AVS done (Ignacio and I) in the files of that Valencian city.

1 person likes this

Doesn't seem like they would be all that hard to find with some ground sonar or a good metal detector.

1 person likes this

If the claims are true; the 17-year research and hunt for WW2 Spitfires supposedly buried in Burma is now thought to be a myth - one that had cost millions to prove.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21483187

Posted (edited)

As there is just 1 (one) find on google for Liria buried aircraft and the find lead to the YT clip in the OP

it is likely that a myth has been born on 11.07.2014, the day the clip has been published on YT.

Edited by toast

I think they found the spitfires. But yeah they found a B 29 frozen in ice intacted

I think they found the spitfires. But yeah they found a B 29 frozen in ice intacted

That was a heart wrenching NOVA documentary on the B-29. H and I had no idea the ending. Shocking and painful to watch. If you are into military planes I recommend watching Frozen in Time.

I have frozen in time on VHS , I have to watch it lol.