Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sparkling 'angelic' UFO filmed over Italy

From a design point of view, its hardly a space craft is it, the shape is too 'all over the place'

news-italy-ufo.jpg

This shows a guy releasing a load of silver balloons, when they get high and catch the sun, they make the same star shaped/square shaped reflections as per the OP vid

[media=]

[/media]

Well there you go...I think you may have possibly cracked the case Sherlock B)

:P

• Like 1

URZI debunked. (A long time ago actually but do watch till the end if you haven't seen it, the END is important)

BTW, he used to have a lot of people fooled

One more vid and Im done with this!! This guy messes about a lot with his cam so do be warned

UFO balloons :lol:

edit, just realised link dont play, so click this

https://www.youtube....h?v=sqNFi651Av8

* vid removed as wont play outside of YT*

Edited by seeder

URZI debunked. (A long time ago actually but do watch till the end if you haven't seen it, the END is important)

:w00t::clap::tu:

• Like 1

Where exactly (town), and sorry, but what was the exact date. If there was a series of strange events they would have been reported and documented, so maybe me or someone smarter can look it up for you.

The series of strange events was more of a personal thing. I wrote about it here awhile back.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121916&hl=

By the way, lemme point out one obvious thing: you were drinking. That's all I'll say about it and let it lay where it is.

Back then that night was considered a break from drinking. 2 of the 4 of us that night didnt drink at all, and theyd tell the same story.

I am not saying you didn't see anything, you obvious saw something. But as with all things, a mundane explanation needs to be researched first.

Thanks for posting it.

Either I saw a flying saucer, that was silent, and flew around like a bummble bee, or I was part of a mass hallucination experiment.

Thanks for reading my story. I understand your POV. Id probably say the same things you have.

• Like 3

Ohhh, drinking hey........ see where this is going..........

But seriously, I have seen some strange stuff through a telescope that takes a bit to work out.

If you held your arm out at length and held your thumb up, how much of your thumbnail do you feel this object would have covered?

Thats hard to answer. It was so long ago. Im thinking it would cover half, maybe more. Thinking about it, Id say between, 1/3 rd and 2/3rds. Its really hard to say though.

• Like 1

TOAST MAN YOU LOST THE FORREST DUDE!!

WHERE DID I LEAVE MY FORREST DUDE!!!!!

LOL, not hard to see why skeptics and FTB's don't tend to get along most of the time is it? One can see where the intellectual argument is anyway.

Ohh, you darn closed minded skeptics!! Good thing you were not in the way when Marshall Applewhite led his flock to the next dimension. I knew he was on the level, because he looks just like my favourite martian. Logic and fact just clouds your inner self dude.....

That actually made me smile.

Because they don't look like balloons...well to me anyway.

Whatever it was, it was very pretty :-*

:tu:

I gotta say just as a observation. It saddens me seeing how many people are diehard sceptical when it comes to the possiblity of UFO's in gerneral. The video in the OP, to me, is just balloons. But there are real sightings. Alien or not? I dont know. But I watched a flying saucer over my house for damn near a half hour. With 3 other witnesses. There are just way to many people with nothing to gain telling similar stories to mine, and many even right here on the boards.

When I was fourteen years old and friend and I saw what I can only describe as a UFO, a flattened dome topped silver saucer-shaped object that we watched for some 20 minutes as it slowly and silently moved away from us. We had an unobstructed view over a river and lived within 10 miles of an airport and a sporting facility complex, so we were quite familiar with planes, jets and blimps. This was none of the above. This was in daylight hours with an overcast sky. Was it alien? Was it military? There is no way to know and we did not have the luxury of camera phones in those days; they had not been invented yet.

That said, I am skeptical of this object, it still reminds me of helium filled metallic balloon tied together and set adrift, lit by the sun behind the camera man.

Logic tells me there are likely more mis-identified objects than real ones. Skepticism is not always a bad thing especially in a day of rubber Bigfoot suits, a plastic toy-sub mounted Nessie, "UFO" drones with flashing LED lights and last, but not least, Photoshop.

• Like 1

What do you think it was then? Because it's easy to dismiss, but hard to stand behind a theory (time traveling Vikings is my theory).
a think it was silver balloons at a fair height aswell
  • Like 3

That said, I am skeptical of this object, it still reminds me of helium filled metallic balloon tied together and set adrift, lit by the sun behind the camera man.

That's all it is. Not sure aliens would need star-shaped ships tied together for any reason.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 5

Well there you go...I think you may have possibly cracked the case Sherlock B)

:P

You know that in the video you posted at the min 8.10 the user is exclaiming that what he previously saw cannot be replicate with baloons " what I saw , was nothing like that" ! You video doesn't prove anything but a failing replication of something he saw that couldn't explain!

Edited by qxcontinuum

When I was fourteen years old and friend and I saw what I can only describe as a UFO, a flattened dome topped silver saucer-shaped object that we watched for some 20 minutes as it slowly and silently moved away from us. We had an unobstructed view over a river and lived within 10 miles of an airport and a sporting facility complex, so we were quite familiar with planes, jets and blimps. This was none of the above. This was in daylight hours with an overcast sky. Was it alien? Was it military? There is no way to know and we did not have the luxury of camera phones in those days; they had not been invented yet.

Thats all im trying to say. That these sightings are real. Like you I have no idea what they are or who may or may not be inside them. I even remember at the time of my sighting thinking that if man could make such a device, it would probably look just like that.

Yea everyone asks me why no pics or video since it stayed with us for so long. Like you said, we didnt have cameras in our pockets like today. I didnt even own a camera. Even if I did, I dont know that I would have thought to grab it. I was star struck for lack of a better phrase. I didnt want to miss one second of the experiance, not knowing what may happen next.

Logic tells me there are likely more mis-identified objects than real ones. Skepticism is not always a bad thing especially in a day of rubber Bigfoot suits, a plastic toy-sub mounted Nessie, "UFO" drones with flashing LED lights and last, but not least, Photoshop.

Skepticism is definitly a good thing. I agree that with this case its just balloons. My problem is with the skeptics who have already pre programed themself to believe the entire subject is made up. That there isnt a single real case. Cause it isnt made up. Its very real. I think alot of people dont come out and tell their stories in fear of being made fun of by such people.

You know that in the video you posted at the min 8.10 the user is exclaiming that what he previously saw cannot be replicate with baloons " what I saw , was nothing like that" ! You video doesn't prove anything but a failing replication of something he saw that couldn't explain!

I suggest you look into it more, THAT guy in the vid (from 2011) had his own sighting, and was accused of it being balloons, so he did a test to try see if what others said...was possible

quote from under the vid

I am tired of people saying that the video I took april 1, 2011 was balloons so I went out and bought some mylar silver balloons to prove a point. I let these go at the same time in the morning and if you compare the two videos, listen for the planes.... oh thats right you cant hear them because i have the original video... oh well...

So his comments, had NOTHING to do with the OP

• Like 2

Your comment pretty much sums up what I've just mentioned :-) The video was posted as in attempt to debunk a sighting ...which we could see was not, instead adding to the mystery!

From a design point of view, its hardly a space craft is it, the shape is too 'all over the place'

news-italy-ufo.jpg

This shows a guy releasing a load of silver balloons, when they get high and catch the sun, they make the same star shaped/square shaped reflections as per the OP vid

I posted that video on page 2, but it wouldn't come up in [media] for some reason, so I just posted a link. Clearly this is the same event being replicated. :tsu:

Yes with Urzi having his name attached, and being a well known hoaxer, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he just got someone to release balloons while he filmed them

What is surprising is that he keeps posting the videos under his own name. Why not make a dummy account to post under? Not too bright that guy...

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Your comment pretty much sums up what I've just mentioned :-) The video was posted as in attempt to debunk a sighting ...which we could see was not, instead adding to the mystery!

NO! Heres is the YT vid he posted, you will see, it does look like a balloon, but...his attempt to recreate it, with a fistful of mylar balloons, looked nothing like it.

BUT, it does look like, the OP vid!

• Like 1

NO! Heres is the YT vid he posted, you will see, it does look like a balloon, but...his attempt to recreate it, with a fistful of mylar balloons, looked nothing like it.

BUT, it does look like, the OP vid!

[media=]

[/media]

Kinda solidifies the point of eliminating the mundane instead of jumping to crazy conclusions, I was looking for some mylar baloon vids myself but you got to it quicker than me! :tu:

• Like 1

I can't help but think of

dogora1.jpg

:tu:

Haha...yes, I'm humble enough to admit that I was wrong Hida :P

They were still pretty though ;)

• Like 1

I didn't post the original video qxcontinuum.......but I realize they were silver helium balloons, after comparison with the video's that seeder had posted.

But is it safe to launch balloons experimentally like that? I am thinking they can be aspired by the turbines of a plane causing a disaster , no?

But is it safe to launch balloons experimentally like that? I am thinking they can be aspired by the turbines of a plane causing a disaster , no?

That's a very good point....I did notice a plane in the video.

If the balloons were released in the vicinity of a major flight path....the culprit could and should be arrested and dealt with as such laws permit.

If it were here, it would mean a hefty fine....and probably a jail term. I imagine that the same or similar law would apply to most countries.

There was a guy recently arrested here for shooting laser beams up at planes on a main flight path....it is simply illegal at any time.

Maybe they dealt with the offender afterwards, if they caught him/her/them ?

Edited by Astra00

I think it is considered littering. Which while it sounds mild, can actually carry a big fine, depending on where you live.