Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waiter predicts £1M lottery win in a dream

UM-Bot

A restaurant owner is being forced to share his winnings with a waiter who predicted that he would win.

Waiter Fatih Ozcan who works at the Kapadokya Turkish restaurant in York claims that he had a precognitive dream the night before a EuroMillions lottery draw in January 2012 suggesting that he and his boss, Hayati Kucukkoylu, would win a large cash prize.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/269274/waiter-predicts-1m-lottery-win-in-a-dream

That story was interesting but did not answer the most fundamental question regarding this series of events and that is what is the menu of that restaurant and do they daily specials?

Last night I was researching Turkish food near me (in PHX there is not much). Therefore I created the situation for these 2 men to meet, work together and eventually play the lottery...retroactively so.....yeah....turkish food....

• Like 2

If he actually predicted and wrote down the numbers for his boss to use then I would say he had a case, otherwise sounds like nonsense.

If he actually predicted and wrote down the numbers for his boss to use then I would say he had a case, otherwise sounds like nonsense.

In the end it was decided that the two men had entered in to an agreement to buy the ticket together, hence why both Ozcan and his boss were entitled to a share of the prize.

It is easy to make claims like this after the fact......

HA!!! I would burn the pile of money in front of the both the judge and the laughable waiter and chuckle all the way to the jail house.

• Like 1

Hah, so now I know what to do if anyone I know wins the lottery, fantastic scheme. Yes judge I absolutely had a dream that my boss was going to win the lottery, you could even write the numbers down on a peice of paper after the numbers are released and claim that you did it before the drawing! Genius I tell you!

On a serious note, if the owner bought the ticket he should be entitled to all of the money, period.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Id like to know WHO decided the two had a verbal contract.

The judge should threaten to cut the money in half, and the one who loves the money would cry, STOP! Then the judge would know who would care for the money the most and reward the one who cried out.

Edited by maximusnow

The judge should threaten to cut the money in half, and the one who loves the money would cry, STOP! Then the judge would know who would care for the money the most and reward the one who cried out.

Really? surely in that scenario, the man who doesnt shout out would get the money, as the man who did obviously wants the money too much.

Why worry about something you havent, and maybe wont, get?

Id like to know WHO decided the two had a verbal contract.

A Turkish judge, after listening to the info. It must have been fairly good info to make him choose the decision he chose. It would be the far easier route to throw the case out due to there not being a way of knowing the real situation. My guess is that the winner didn't deny having the conversation, and that the 2 sides weren't at each others throats over the trial.

People are so quick to jump to assuming that people are all greedy liars, and that having dreams of things that would happen soon after are fairy tales.

Edited by _Only

Well I have had many a good dream , but Pamela Anderson STILL hasn't showed up for our date ! :cry:

• Like 2

"In the end it was decided that the two men had entered in to an agreement to buy the ticket together, hence why both Ozcan and his boss were entitled to a share of the prize."

That is the crux of the biscuit.

From what I understand the waiter didn't pay half of the lottery ticket, if he did he sure is entitled to half.

But I assume that he thought he would get half just by telling his boss about the dream, but sure seems strange if the question about his share of the payment for the ticket didn't even come up at the time.

Zam

So if I tell someone each week that I saw them win the lotto in a dream, when they eventually win I can site this case and say I deserve half the money. Brilliant :tu:

(I wonder how often the waiter told his boss he would win :unsure2: )

• Like 1

So if I tell someone each week that I saw them win the lotto in a dream, when they eventually win I can site this case and say I deserve half the money. Brilliant :tu:

All you'd win is legal costs and a lesson.

Edited by _Only

If the boss admitted the only reason he purchased the ticket was because the guy told him to buy one due to his dream and also admitted he agreed he would split any winnings, then yeah he should have to give up half. Anything short of that, I can't see how a judge could rule in the plaintiff's favor.

Thats cool. Its amazing how people can have dreams that predict the future; you have to wonder if humans have an ability to sense things before they can happen...

HA!!! I would burn the pile of money in front of the both the judge and the laughable waiter and chuckle all the way to the jail house.

lol :lol: