Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10,000 year old paintings discovered in India

Captain Sparrow

Oh boy, more fuel for the AA fire that's scalding the gullible.

If the Times of India would not, on occasion, pretend to be the National Enquirer I would be impressed.

• Like 1

ERHMERGERD ERLIERNS!!!

(At least there's a quote in there "seen or imagined", small though it is)

• Like 2

More from this well-known site: link.

Harte

• Like 2

How do they know that the paintings are 10,000 years old? The one clearly is like 10 feet from the entrance to the "cave", so it can't be more then a couple hundred years old, or it would have mildewed and rotted away by now.

I say fake. Too bright. Too sharp. Not aged. Even just air would have aged these more then they appear, given 10,000 years.

They're not that old.

They depict scenes from the adventures of Rama.

Not Ramar of the Jungle. They are older than that.

Harte

Edited by Harte

They're not that old.

They depict scenes from the adventures of Rama.

Not Ramar of the Jungle. They are older than that.

Harte

The story of Rama is somewhere between 3500 and 2500 years old, right? That is not 10,000 years. Probably just more nationalistic exaggeration?

• Like 1

The story of Rama is somewhere between 3500 and 2500 years old, right? That is not 10,000 years. Probably just more nationalistic exaggeration?

Story of Rama goes way back...these images clearly not related to the story.

Story of Rama goes way back...these images clearly not related to the story.

From what I've read, they are.

Are you qualified to determine this on your own?

Have you studied the cave and the paintings and archaeological evidence there?

Can you tell us exactly how this painting was dated?

Harte

You also have to bear in mind that the afore mentioned Mr. JR Bhagat is not only known to discover "alien paintings" but has also been known to have made other "amazing" discoveries. My knowledge of Hindi is very rusted, which may is the reason why I can't find that gentleman on the website linked to by Harte either.

Maybe older, if the references in this cave are older.

The earliest writings date back about 3700 years. No doubt there was an oral tradition before that. It's depictions like these that they have to go by as far as dating Rama's legend when looking back to a time before they started writing it down.

Harte

I say fake. Too bright. Too sharp. Not aged. Even just air would have aged these more then they appear, given 10,000 years.

Well I'd have agreed EXCEPT for the fact that Elders of the First Peoples of Australia have as their sacred duty to maintain the art, which includes repainting the paintings every couple of years (as theirs is a living culture, they can also "add to" the art (for example, there are "rays" coming off some of the luminous entities now that were there when they were first seen by Europeans)).

Well I'd have agreed EXCEPT for the fact that Elders of the First Peoples of Australia have as their sacred duty to maintain the art, which includes repainting the paintings every couple of years (as theirs is a living culture, they can also "add to" the art (for example, there are "rays" coming off some of the luminous entities now that were there when they were first seen by Europeans)).

Possibly. The article says that some of the locals worship the paintings, or at the site of the paintings. They perhaps do upkeep on the paintings. Regardless there isn't any real evidence presented to show 10,000 years of age.

While yes the age of the paintings could be exaggerated I'm still wondering why all of you self proclaimed "experts" aren't on their way there to study anything? Oh wait... Already answered my own question.

While yes the age of the paintings could be exaggerated I'm still wondering why all of you self proclaimed "experts" aren't on their way there to study anything? Oh wait... Already answered my own question.

So, you agree that they are most likely not 10,000 years old?

Nobody proclaimed themselves an expert here. You display your personal knowledge of your own inadequacies with such pot-shots.

Harte

• Like 4

Experts may well have the ability to see fakes, frauds, and hoaxes for what they are in a way that non-experts (like, say, you) can't.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

Experts may well have the ability to see fakes, frauds, and hoaxes for what they are in a way that non-experts (like, say, you) can't.

--Jaylemurph

Now, now Jay... he will feel offended!

graffiti eh? back then they drew pictures of aliens or whatever they are all over there walls nowadays all you see drawn is peoples names and the odd c*** and balls on the gable end hahaha

Yes Sir. If I was there, looking at these modern paintings, I would certainly have a change of opinion. NOT!

I don't need to fly to Loch Ness to understand that the lake is too small and does not have enough food to support a large monsters animal. And the same goes on here. I don't need to see these paintings to understand that many people want them to be something they are not.

Great topic and would like to see more pictures.

I completely agree with you. They never seem to include enough visuals in the articles.