Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The world's oldest documented person?

DieChecker

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/brazil/10968734/Brazilian-who-turned-126-years-old-last-week-could-be-oldest-living-person.html

A Brazilian man whose parents were African slaves could be the oldest living person ever documented after receiving a birth cerficate showing he turned 126 last week, it was reported on Tuesday.

I've seen "oldest" people before who actually were using the same name as their parent, thus adding 20 to 30 years to their claim.

Yet the batchelor, who never married or had children

Well there you go..... That is why he is still alive!! :innocent:

• Like 4

Cool link to the supercentenarians.

Edited by DieChecker

http://www.telegraph...ing-person.html

[/size]

I've seen "oldest" people before who actually were using the same name as their parent, thus adding 20 to 30 years to their claim.

[/size]

Well there you go..... That is why he is still alive!! :innocent:

Does a lack of breeding make people live longer? Maybe its a psychological effect on the body.

Does a lack of breeding make people live longer? Maybe its a psychological effect on the body.

I think the lack of a wife had a lot more to do with it :)

So here's to my 126 years on the hell we call a home, I do not plan to get married or have kids.

• Like 1

So no woman in his life and he lives to 126

Do you think there is a connection :-*

• Like 1

I think the lack of a wife had a lot more to do with it :)

So here's to my 126 years on the hell we call a home, I do not plan to get married or have kids.

Can I put my grandad living to the age of 98 down to him having developed the skill to switch off his hearing? lmao.

• Like 2

wasn't he the right back for the Brasil team...?

For his sake I hope he didn't watch the Brazil/Germany match, he might have become the formerly oldest documented person.

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 2

For his sake I hope he didn't watch the Brazil/Germany match.

quite true Sundew, Last time I saw a Brazilian facing that many shots, he was jumping a ticket barrier at Stockwell.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

Zero Stress, diet and exercise are the keys to slow aging and a long life. Radiation is a huge source of genetic damage; this is why someone who tans a lot will age faster in appearance than someone less exposed to solar radiation. Ageing is caused by cells in your body not repairing the damage which causes disease and cosmetic defects such as wrinkles, spots and a loss of elasticity in skin. I believe that stress/anger and worry is what kills us.

• Like 1

I think this is untrue. I bet he is around half of that. Maybe 68ish. 126 years old for a long time pack a day smoker?

actually a lot of the oldest people were smokers or are smokers.......

Can I put my grandad living to the age of 98 down to him having developed the skill to switch off his hearing? lmao.

Selective hearing can be a lifesaver sometimes :)

DNA and structural connectivity testing can likely predict his age to within ten or so years. Will be interesting to see if this validation is pursued.

• Like 1

actually a lot of the oldest people were smokers or are smokers.......

Maybe so, but more pack a day smokers die earlier than average.

You are making the same argument as when people say "seatbelts have been known to kill people in accidents".

Gah, all I can think reading this....

I'd be so tired after 126 years.

What is the benefit to living that long?

What is the benefit to living that long?

Besides farting dust? I can't think of any.

Depends if you are healthy enough to get around and are in your right mind. Experience more of life's adventures.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe he is the knows where the Fountain of Youth... The fact that He never had a wife...

Edited by Rei4ever
  • Like 1

Stress is known to age people so not having a wife or children probably kept his stress to a minimum.

• Like 1