Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israeli Ambassador admits to war crimes

RoofGardener

In a stunningly candid interview, the Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations admitted that Israel had committed war crimes - and was continuing to do so on a daily basis.

His interview has been covered on the BBC, ITV, Al Jazeera, ABC, CNN, and all major western newspapers. The UN security council has been preparing a Resolution condemming Israel, and is thought to be considering use of force to compel Israel to stop the war crimes.

Of course, non of the above is true.

It was the Palestinian Envoy to the UN, Ibrahim Khreisheh, who stated that the Israeli air strikes where legal in international terms, , but that HAMAS rockets where a War Crime. This arose in a conversation about the Palestinians joining the International Criminal Court system. Ibrahim explained that this would be highly dangerous, as HAMAS (and other groups) would then almost certainly be charged with war crimes by the court, and face extradition.

There where no television interviews in the western media.

It was not headline news in the newspapers.

Nobody appealed to the UN Security Council.

Why not ?

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4542765,00.html

• Like 2

So the fact that poor plucky little Israel has now killed over 200 Palis, at least 75% of whom have nothing to do with Hamas, and I think so far one Israeli has been killed by this terrible terrorist onslaught, I expect you'll just probably ignore that because "they started it, and so they brought to terrible vengeance of Israel down on them", and "they want to destroy Israel anyway".

* Besides, was this terrorist onslaught completely unprovoked? The recent tensions began about six weeks ago when Israeli forces abducted 17 Palestinian teenage boys in the occupied West Bank. Then, on June 12, three Israeli teenagers were abducted in the southern West Bank; Israel blamed Hamas. After the three youths were found dead, a group of Israelis tortured and killed a Palestinian teenager in Jerusalem. Finally, on July 7, Israel launched a large military operation dubbed “Operation Protective Edge” in the Gaza Strip.

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/07/15/israels-war-crimes-in-gaza/

*(Obviously, you won't read it, because it's just more leftie propaganda.)

Edited by Admiral Rhubarb
  • Like 2

So the fact that poor plucky little Israel has now killed over 200 Palis, at least 75% of whom have nothing to do with Hamas,

Where is your information coming from, Admiral ?

.....and I think so far one Israeli has been killed by this terrible terrorist onslaught, I expect you'll just probably ignore that because "they started it, and so they brought to terrible vengeance of Israel down on them", and "they want to destroy Israel anyway".

No, I won't ignore it. But what has that got to do with this post ?

• Like 1

No, I won't ignore it. But what has that got to do with this post ?

Its a question of where the illegality started. I trace it back to the annexation and occupation of the Palestinian territories, but I am certain you would not agree.

Br Cornelius

I started this post to illustrate the lopsided way that the "Mainstream Media" reports Middle-eastern events. Anything critical of Israel is front-page news, so to speak. An equivelant criticism of the Palestinians is comparatively muted.

Hence when the Palestinian Envoy to the UN points out that HAMAS et al are commiting war crimes on a daily basis, nobody bats an eyelash. If it was the Israeli Ambassador to the UN stating the same thing about Israel, then the world would be in an uproar.

I might agree with your proposition, but could we take that into one of the other threads please ?

• Like 2

Its a question of where the illegality started. I trace it back to the annexation and occupation of the Palestinian territories, but I am certain you would not agree.

Br Cornelius

As do, apparently, most who support the Palestinians. The world DOES love a good underdog story after all. But this one has the seeds of a much wider conflict within. RG's point about the media is well taken. Palwatch.org was created due to this inequity of reporting. It actually reveals what is being said ( in Arabic) by the Palestinians and it often is very much at odds with their pronouncements in English.
  • Like 1

The UN security council has been preparing a Resolution condemming Israel, and is thought to be considering use of force to compel Israel to stop the war crimes.

As long as US is involved in the security council no resolution will pass which will really effect Israel.

As do, apparently, most who support the Palestinians. The world DOES love a good underdog story after all. But this one has the seeds of a much wider conflict within. RG's point about the media is well taken. Palwatch.org was created due to this inequity of reporting. It actually reveals what is being said ( in Arabic) by the Palestinians and it often is very much at odds with their pronouncements in English.

In Britain the media has almost exclusively reported the legitimacy of the Israeli bombing without any serious questions. its seem to most people in Britain that there is definitely media bias at work and its all in Israel's favour.

Roof gardener must be living in a different country.

Br Cornelius

I started this post to illustrate the lopsided way that the "Mainstream Media" reports Middle-eastern events. Anything critical of Israel is front-page news, so to speak. An equivelant criticism of the Palestinians is comparatively muted.

Anything critical of Israel is front page news?? Do you live in Iran? I don't think I've seen one thing in Mainstream Media outlets that would even dare to criticise anything Bibi does.

In Britain the media has almost exclusively reported the legitimacy of the Israeli bombing without any serious questions. its seem to most people in Britain that there is definitely media bias at work and its all in Israel's favour.

Br Cornelius

:yes:

We really need an Israelwatch. Well, actually we do (see link above), but those who believe that the world has it in for Israel won't take any notice of it because, of course, it's biased.

Br Cornelius

Hmm.... I'm not so sure about that one Br Cornelius. Take a gander at the BBC News Website. The Beeb do try and be impartial in their reporting, but look at the Gaza stories. Rocket attacks are never mentioned at the time they happen.. they are only ever referred to when Israel counter-attacks. Even then, the headline of the story is "Israel bombs Gaza.... kills palestinians". The rocket attacks are only mentioned a few paragraphs later.

OK.. they DO mention them, and they explain that the air attacks are in retaliation against the rockets, and are aimed at rocket sites/factories etc. The BBC can't get away with just TOTALLY ignoring the HAMAS rockets. But the presentation and emphasis is always

"Israel attacks Palestine .... after HAMAS launched rocket attacks"

Take a gander, and you'll see what I mean. The bias is subtle, but it is there.

• Like 1

We really need an Israelwatch. Well, actually we do (see link above), but those who believe that the world has it in for Israel won't take any notice of it because, of course, it's biased.

Goodness gracious! I think the MSM has that covered for you Admiral. I KNOW it does in the US. ABC,NBC MSNBC, CNN and in an ever growing way - even FOX. All beat the drum about Israel's every move and the "tragic" consequences. No mention in any serious way about what caused the Israelis to react. If a ground offensive begins I hope that it does not end until Hamas is literally destroyed - no matter how long or how many dead. To do less is simply to put off paying the bill - with more interest attached.

serious way about what caused the Israelis to react.

That would be the occupation you are talking about there ?

The fiction that the Zionists are the only victims in town is no longer a tenable one - even in America and even among the diaspora.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Latest:

Massacre of the Gaza children

Israeli shells hit kids playing beach football - four dead

But it's all the Palis' fault, of course. israel is always innocent.

The illegality started back hundreds of years ago when the first squatter wandered onto land belonging to someone else. The land was either owned by the Ottoman Empire or Ottoman citizens that were absentee land owners with land holdings in Palestine.

• Like 1

As long as US is involved in the security council no resolution will pass which will really effect Israel.

The US isn’t the only one. When you cut away all the BS, each Security Council member knows that Israel is defending itself. And to apply resolutions to stop and punish Israel, curtails each member’s rights of their own self-defense. And they aren’t going to do anything that will amount to cutting their own throats.

• Like 1

Take a gander, and you'll see what I mean. The bias is subtle, but it is there.

It’s far from being subtle. It is almost always blatantly anti-Israel. The media gets hung up on that Israel’s response is disproportionate. In war, there is no such thing. Now if you think that something equally proportionate will work, then economically do it. But as was pointed out elsewhere, “when their love of their children becomes greater that their hatred of Israel”, then a proportionate response will be appropriate, but not until then. But also, if that would be the case, then there would be no need for a response in the first place.

• Like 1

That would be the occupation you are talking about there ?

You need to go back to the root causes. Occupation is but a consequence.

The fiction that the Zionists are the only victims in town is no longer a tenable one - even in America and even among the diaspora.

Anyone who says that Israel is the only victim is as unaware as you. You have two peoples vying for one spot. Only one can win out. Both are victims or participants in this and the best solution is for them to solve it between themselves. "Genuine peace can only be realized between Israelis and Palestinians themselves" and that "Ultimately, it is Israelis and Palestinians - not us - who must reach an agreement on the issues that divide them".

• Like 1

I find it interesting who is exploiting children to garner support, whether it is in Gaza or along the US Southern Border. Similar mindsets.

See? Hamas always tell the truth. And some of you were worried that they might have been publishing falsehoods to gain support! :whistle:

*added emoticon to emphasise my seriousness*

Edited by SaraT

I find it interesting who is exploiting children to garner support, whether it is in Gaza or along the US Southern Border. Similar mindsets.

Ah, right.

I presume, then, we can take that same attitude next time the Israeli media comes up with pictures of Israeli children slaughtered by Terrorist attacks? I mean, I'm sure you'd take the same attitude, i'm sure there wouldn't be any double standards.

See? Hamas always tell the truth. And some of you were worried that they might have been publishing falsehoods to gain support! :whistle:

*added emoticon to emphasise my seriousness*

So you reckon they were faked?

Latest:

Israeli shells hit kids playing beach football - four dead

But it's all the Palis' fault, of course. israel is always innocent.

The implication being that of course the IDF intentionally killed defenseless children...maybe they were needing to make some Matza? Disgusting.
  • Like 1

The US isn't the only one. When you cut away all the BS, each Security Council member knows that Israel is defending itself. And to apply resolutions to stop and punish Israel, curtails each member's rights of their own self-defense. And they aren't going to do anything that will amount to cutting their own throats.

but if the Israeli government can defend itself so effectively (bearing in mind the hugely disproportionate numbers of casualties), can we really take seriously their protests that every other country in the region (but particularly Iran) is such a threat to them? Doesn't this show pretty effectively that the Israeli govt. doesn't in fact need so much financial and technical support, it's quite capable of looking after itself? Perhaps Bibi ought to arrange a few civilian casualties, just to show that his response is proportionate and justified.

• Like 1

The implication being that of course the IDF intentionally killed defenseless children...maybe they were needing to make some Matza? Disgusting.

But if a rocket was to kill a few Israeli children, I imagine that the howls would be somewhat louder. But then, I keep forgetting the Palis deserve it don't they, because they're Terrorists. The IDF are bravely defending their motherland, Hamas and the Palis are just insane blood-crazed murderers.

It seems fairly undeniable that with all the "state of the art" surveillance equipment they have for "surgical targeting" that they new full well that they were four children just playing football. The reporting in the UK has turned very nasty - no sympathy for Israel what so ever.

This will be a decisive event for Israel - you mark my words.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest