Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Full Metal Burqa

RoofGardener

I heard this story on the way to work thismorning, and was somewhat impressed.

It appears that volunteer militia's are being raised to assist in securing the Kurdistan borders against encroachment by ISIS.

One slightly unusual one is composed entirely of women, and is about to deploy onto the front line. Now, I'd always thought that this entire region where considerably retarded when it comes to womens rights, and certainly wouldn't tolerate women in the army. It would appear, however, that in the case of Kurdistan, I was wrong !

I've found a version of this story on the BBC news website: http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-28308632

It also has a SUPERB picture, which I think should form the basis of a caption competition ?

_76279237_023015319-1.jpg

You... yes.. YOU with the beard... did you just fire a BULLET at me ? How RUDE !!!!

• Like 6

I'd always thought that this entire region were considerably retarded when it comes to womens rights, and certainly wouldn't tolerate women in the army.

when it comes to cannon-fodder RG,

it seems that Kurdistan are an equal opportunities employer.

next they'll be sending out people in wheelchairs to clear minefields....

aah.., such a progressive nation.

we should follow their example....

• Like 2

I have always considered it empowering for a woman to go fight wars in my stead.

Hyperbole aside there is a quote from the Excel Saga mimicking B.S. Yamato "When men dream it is women who must make the sacrifices".

The most difficult thing for men to understand in history is that we don't stand in the middle of it and don't have the most to lose after we lose.

• Like 1

It also has a SUPERB picture, which I think should form the basis of a caption competition ?

"They are not fighting for the messiah...they are very naughty boys...load up ladies...12 o'clock...FIRE!!"

:)

• Like 1

Thats it Girls; hold him down. Now, Sara, get his gun. Gueniviere, get his grenades.

The rest of you.. kick him in the fork !!!!

• Like 4

She looks like the sister of the guy that played the Ompa-Lompa's in the Johnny Depp movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"...

• Like 1

Well as long as they're getting the training and equipment they need good for them. The Kurds seem to be one of the more sane groups in the area and if it helps kick ISIS in the junk all the better.

• Like 1

The problem with the Western media and the people who read it is, we all think of ALL Muslims as being the same.

A story comes out about how women in a conservative part of Saudi Arabia have to wear the dreaded burqa, and all of a sudden, ALL Westerners think ALL Muslim women have to wear the burqa, and all of a sudden again, it is *the* human rights issue in the West, Ban the Burqa!

The above by RoofGardener blows that stereotype to bits