Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to remove negative energy?

DefenceMinisterMishkin

I need advice on how to remove megative energy from my house, and indeed from myself.

I have heard about "Smudging" but where can i get what's needed?

Thanks.

Sage and sweetgrass smudge sticks can be burnt for that.

Drums and bells are also commonly used.

• Like 2

See if you can convert it into negative mass, scientists are looking for such exotic matter.

• Like 3

You can get sage and stuff for smudging at new agey type stores. Or metaphysical stores.. Whatever you want to call them.

• Like 1

You can get sage or sweet grass at a Botanica or Pagan shop or order it online. I put loose sage in a thick clam shell, light it and go from front of the house going from room to room and saying "I banish all negative energy from this space." If you got someone who can help, take a broom and sweep while you sage. When you get to the back door of the house, take the sage out and when it stops smoldering and is cool. (don't want to set something on fire) and throw it off the property and say "Be gone." Wash the broom with the garden hose.

• Like 3

For a regular cleanse I'll walk the perimeter of the house and hit all the corners/windows/doorways really well.

I use a tibetan singing bowl instead of bells and will ring it as I walk around. I do these weekly/bimonthly.

For an intense cleanse: once every three to six months or whenever heavy, nasty challenges are going on:

I close all the external windows and doors in the house.

Then I open every interior drawer, door, cabinet door, cubby, storage nook, you get the idea, if it's inside and closed, I open it.

I carry the smudge stick around starting from my front door and smoke the bejesus out of every nook and cranny, using a hawk's wing feather to fan the smoke deeply into all the deep corners.

I'll then set the smudge down, bring my largest drum to the center of each area/room of the house and get a good heartbeat going.

Finally again in the center of each room, I'll ring the singing bowl in series of three.

I then open every exterior door and window.

Finally I'll walk the smudge again in the opposite direction around the house, closing all the interior doors ending at the front door, not using the feather, just walking closing and carrying the smoke.

I leave our windows open almost indefinitely... living near the beach in SoCal, there's no need to close them, couple times a year. But I'll close the front door when we go to sleep after a deep cleanse.

I love my wife's reaction when she comes home after a deep cleanse... :)

• Like 1

If you want to banish the perception of negative energy in the house, do as the wiccans have suggested. Free your mind.

• Like 1

Smudging is a pretty common thing for cleansing and removing negativity. Sage and sweetgrass are most common, but there are other herbs that are purported to help banish negativity. Not all of them are meant for smudging, some are meant to be put out in bowls like potpourri, or hung in bundles, or sewn into packets to sleep on, or used while bathing.

You can use saltwater or herbed water to wash your floors and windows too. Or use a broom that you only use for cleansing and NOT cleaning, and sweep negativity out of the house. Some practices use brick dust on doorways to help with it.

There are crystals that are specific for absorbing negative energy, as well as crystals to promote positive energy.

Houseplants are supposed to help absorb negative energy, particularly bamboo and plants noted for being good at air purifying.

If you want to get more into it, there are rituals out there for banishing negativity, protecting the home against negativity entering, and general protection as well as promoting positivity.

• Like 3

I don't spend a lot of money on magical tools and stuff, because all magic comes from within you. You imbue the object or smoke with power. I use tree branches to sweep circles and banish. I like to be able to sweep up the negative stuff and return it to the Earth. If I can I toss it into a river or some body of water. Its a Druid thing I guess.

XenoFish it is cheaper than a shrink and works just about as well.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 4

That I know. I've used something called a solar banishing wave several times. Good way to clean out psychic debris.

http://www.qryztufre...ell/solarl.html

Wow that is a cool one, thanks.

Psychic debris B) , made me think of this old Zappa song.

• Like 1

That I know. I've used something called a solar banishing wave several times. Good way to clean out psychic debris.

http://www.qryztufre...ell/solarl.html

That is pretty cool. I didn't know there was a name for it. I've done something similar, though not always using the sun as the energy source- I use the moon a lot, sometimes other sources. But the trick of suck in the energy, then blow it out, yeah.

If you feel that there is a negative energy in your home so you can spray holly water in your home or around your home and you can take help from Paranormalist .

Basically it's just negative emotions, hate, anger, fear, etc.

Why would you want to remove them, they have their place as part of being human?

Just be happy...laughter is the best medicine...

• Like 1

I don't want to go into details on here, but trust me when i say something needs to be done.

I'm not saying i want to be happy all the time, i will settle for just a day or two each month.

• Like 2

Why would you want to remove them, they have their place as part of being human?

No you don't, but too much negative emotions will make you very sick and you must bring yourself to balance and center or it will eat you up.

I don't want to go into details on here, but trust me when i say something needs to be done.

I'm not saying i want to be happy all the time, i will settle for just a day or two each month.

I actually work at being happy. I try to go out and spend time in nature and practice smiling. I have battled depression most of my life. I have had professional therapy and also my Path has been a big help for me. Meditating on the details of a flower can be very helpful in changing brain chemistry. When you think negative thoughts all the time your brain gets in the habit of those thought patterns and produces stress chemicals. It is not easy to train the brain to break those bad habits, but it can be done with the help of a good therapist and some work on your part. Anti depression meds can help, but they aren't a permanent fix and will only do so much. To banish the negativity in the house starts with banishing it from yourself. There isn't an easy fix and you have to work for it, though. I have been to hell and back, if I can do it, you can do it. Here's an old hippy (((hug))).

• Like 5

If it's this intense, I would definitely try and induce some laughter to the process.

Laughter dispels like few other things... real deep belly laughs.

Watch your favorite comic, make a marathon of it, invite friends over... spill that love out.

• Like 4

Here's a link to a youtube video. There's lot of ways of doing it, lots of herbs are used: white sage, cedar or sandalwood or rose incense. It's driven by intention, so just set your intention and do what's comfortable for you. I just burn sage and walk around the room and let the smoke cleanse the space. Last time I used a feather I almost set myself on fire, so no more of that. You don't really need any other tools, other than the sage or incense and something to put it in. Just say that all negativity must leave loudly & firmly. Sweet grass is used to call positive energy, and it smells good, but it's not necessary.

I went to a cleansing ceremony for a new business, the Korean priest used bells to cleanse, and everyone trailed after him banging on pots or pans. There's lot of way, use your imagine and do what appeals to you. There is no wrong way to do it.

• Like 1

Energy is neither positive nor negative.

How does a battery work, then? :innocent:
  • Like 1