Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to remove negative energy?

DefenceMinisterMishkin

Why would you want to remove them, they have their place as part of being human?

They tend to be destructive/produce physically destructive results, rtather than positive ones It is not necessarily true that one can not be human without hate anger fear envy etc. We just learn those reactions and emotions, they are not inherent in our dna.

Being happy all the time, would be very boring, imo!

Why? One can be happy every minute of every day, and yet have a life so filled that one is never bored. I honestly can't remember a minute in my life, after I gained the ability to live my life as I chose, when I have be bored. My mind and my living life keep me busy/thinking /doing, every second. No time for boredom.
  • Like 2

No you don't, but too much negative emotions will make you very sick and you must bring yourself to balance and center or it will eat you up.

I actually work at being happy. I try to go out and spend time in nature and practice smiling. I have battled depression most of my life. I have had professional therapy and also my Path has been a big help for me. Meditating on the details of a flower can be very helpful in changing brain chemistry. When you think negative thoughts all the time your brain gets in the habit of those thought patterns and produces stress chemicals. It is not easy to train the brain to break those bad habits, but it can be done with the help of a good therapist and some work on your part. Anti depression meds can help, but they aren't a permanent fix and will only do so much. To banish the negativity in the house starts with banishing it from yourself. There isn't an easy fix and you have to work for it, though. I have been to hell and back, if I can do it, you can do it. Here's an old hippy (((hug))).

I got to take walks in nature also... the birds and butterflies fly close to me. I think they feel my energy...

well i like to meditate under trees... as birds sing.

Also listening to and feeling the beach waves hit your skin and body.. is so soothing..

I used to be depressed... and angry years ago..

as I got older I thought drinking was the answer.....

after years of reading books and learning from different teachers...

I now have found inner peace...

and found my joy...

:yes:

I like the meditating on the details of a flower to change brain chemistry.

i do this but with colorful butterflies... while I walk down the street..

if I see a huge yellow butterfly... i stop to look at it.. fly over my head..

and meditate on it..I block out all the passing car noise..

the crazy people yelling and being angry.. and just fly into my own..

Zen Bliss.. as i call it..

people look at me like I am crazy.. but it feels great :)

• Like 3

Why? One can be happy every minute of every day, and yet have a life so filled that one is never bored. I honestly can't remember a minute in my life, after I gained the ability to live my life as I chose, when I have be bored. My mind and my living life keep me busy/thinking /doing, every second. No time for boredom.

Whatever turns you on, I suppose. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't the way I am, and being me is the most important thing in my life.

Whatever turns you on, I suppose. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't the way I am, and being me is the most important thing in my life.

But you can choose to "be' any thing/person /mood/ character/ personality, etc you want to. Why stick with what you are right now, if you can "be" anything? Why is 'how" you are right now important? You won't be 'how you are right now" in a year's time, I can guarantee you. So how you are now is a very transient, and thus not very important, aspect of the many decades of life you will have, UNLESS you are choosing to be how you want to be every moment of your life.

Many people believe that these crystals and minerals have the power to channel or radiate healing and protective energies. I just love the way they look.

$crystals3.jpg

• Like 3

But you can choose to "be' any thing/person /mood/ character/ personality, etc you want to. Why stick with what you are right now, if you can "be" anything? Why is 'how" you are right now important? You won't be 'how you are right now" in a year's time, I can guarantee you. So how you are now is a very transient, and thus not very important, aspect of the many decades of life you will have, UNLESS you are choosing to be how you want to be every moment of your life.

I am exactly the same as I was this time last year. I have my routines and stick to them, nothing has changed my thinking either.

Many people believe that these crystals and minerals have the power to channel or radiate healing and protective energies. I just love the way they look.

$crystals3.jpg

People think a lot of crazy things! :td:

• Like 1

$crystals3.jpg

flipping awesome!

• Like 2

I am exactly the same as I was this time last year. I have my routines and stick to them, nothing has changed my thinking either.

So, in a year you have done nothing, heard nothing, and experienced nothing which has changed you in any way. You haven't learned any new skills, ideas, vocabulary, or gained any new knowledge of yourself, other people, or the world?

To be honest while you might THINK you are telling the truth, you are not, because that is impossible.

No man can enter the same stream twice.

So, in a year you have done nothing, heard nothing, and experienced nothing which has changed you in any way. You haven't learned any new skills, ideas, vocabulary, or gained any new knowledge of yourself, other people, or the world?

To be honest while you might THINK you are telling the truth, you are not, because that is impossible.

No man can enter the same stream twice.

What is impossible? I do the same things/ go to the same places/ try not to have holidays, but if I do, I go to the same place and set up the same routine. I have no wish to learn any new skills, new ideas, and my vocabulary is quite adequate for my needs, thanks!

Why would you want to remove them, they have their place as part of being human?

It's about removing excess emotion, not getting rid of them.

• Like 2

It sounds like a lot of hocus pocus to me!

For some people in this world, the feelings of negative energy associated with extended periods of high stress, sadness and turmoil can be overwhelming. Having a belief system in something can go a long way in adding some relief to the sufferer.

Whether that be crystals, bells, chanting or anything else, if it works for the sufferer that more power to them.

Until you have experienced debilitating depression, hourly panic attacks caused from sensitization and severe anxiety or any other of the whole host of problems that can arise from the relationship between the body and mind you can never really know how desperate some people are for a little relief.

I have gone through Cancer twice already, the chemotherapy, the radiation sickness, almost eight combined years of treatment and i'm only 32, and right now, i would rather go through all of that again than feel the way i do right now with my sensitized body and constant anxiety state.

Anyone who has read any books by Dr Claire Weekes will know what i mean by sensitization.

Thanks for all the fantastic advice from those who have offered it, i have gained a lot of great information and have hope again.

Regards, Wayne.

• Like 2

For some people in this world, the feelings of negative energy associated with extended periods of high stress, sadness and turmoil can be overwhelming. Having a belief system in something can go a long way in adding some relief to the sufferer.

Whether that be crystals, bells, chanting or anything else, if it works for the sufferer that more power to them.

Until you have experienced debilitating depression, hourly panic attacks caused from sensitization and severe anxiety or any other of the whole host of problems that can arise from the relationship between the body and mind you can never really know how desperate some people are for a little relief.

I have gone through Cancer twice already, the chemotherapy, the radiation sickness, almost eight combined years of treatment and i'm only 32, and right now, i would rather go through all of that again than feel the way i do right now with my sensitized body and constant anxiety state.

Anyone who has read any books by Dr Claire Weekes will know what i mean by sensitization.

Thanks for all the fantastic advice from those who have offered it, i have gained a lot of great information and have hope again.

Regards, Wayne.

I suffer from stress have done since I was born, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't worry!

Your missing the point.

The problem arises when everday normal stress becomes a constant state of anxiety, and interferes with daily living, which leads to sensitization which can then lead to a whole host of problems including severe depression, agoraphobia..etc

For some suicide is a better alternative to suffering like this as it is not really living.

Please don't confuse general worry and stress with sensitization because they are not the same thing at all.

Anyway, i just received my sage in the post so now i will follow the great advice offered in this thread and get busy.

Regards, Wayne.

• Like 1

If people suffer from a mental illness they should seek professional help, not mess around with mumbo jumbo!

• Like 1

If people suffer from a mental illness they should seek professional help, not mess around with mumbo jumbo!

While mental illness is a very serious thing that can indeed warrant professional help... I'm not so sure all this stuff is mumbo jumbo.

For instance, using crystals. Now, they might be just rocks that can do nothing about energy, negative or otherwise. But a person can try to let go of their negativity, and use a crystal to do it. I think it might be more the mental willingness to acknowledge the problem and let it go than a rock sucking up energy in this case.

I think it's akin to when doctors suggest daily affirmations. Might not be much difference to listening to a tape or reading a book and saying good things about yourself to make yourself feel better and holding a rock with the same intent. Some people might feel silly and the exercise pointless to look in the mirror and say "I let go of bad things", but feel all right with thinking it at a rock. Some people would feel silly thinking at a rock and benefit more from looking in the mirror and saying it out loud.

• Like 1

rashore get's it.

You seem very closed minded JJ50

While mental illness is a very serious thing that can indeed warrant professional help... I'm not so sure all this stuff is mumbo jumbo.

For instance, using crystals. Now, they might be just rocks that can do nothing about energy, negative or otherwise. But a person can try to let go of their negativity, and use a crystal to do it. I think it might be more the mental willingness to acknowledge the problem and let it go than a rock sucking up energy in this case.

I think it's akin to when doctors suggest daily affirmations. Might not be much difference to listening to a tape or reading a book and saying good things about yourself to make yourself feel better and holding a rock with the same intent. Some people might feel silly and the exercise pointless to look in the mirror and say "I let go of bad things", but feel all right with thinking it at a rock. Some people would feel silly thinking at a rock and benefit more from looking in the mirror and saying it out loud.

Sorry but I think that is crazy.

rashore get's it.

You seem very closed minded JJ50

I am where that sort of thing is concerned. People are so gullible and people make money out of their stupidity!

• Like 1

Sorry but I think that is crazy.

Shrug, sure, it might be crazy. But not much crazier than doing daily affirmations, or using the trick of counting to ten when angry/upset to calm down, or using a rubberband snapping against your wrist to help control cravings for food or cigarettes, or tying a ribbon around your finger to remember something. Or telling yourself the grocery list over and over to remember what all you need to get so you don't forget anything.

It's mental conditioning. Trickery if you will. It may not be magical, but for a lot of people, it can have a psychological impact.

Shrug, sure, it might be crazy. But not much crazier than doing daily affirmations, or using the trick of counting to ten when angry/upset to calm down, or using a rubberband snapping against your wrist to help control cravings for food or cigarettes, or tying a ribbon around your finger to remember something. Or telling yourself the grocery list over and over to remember what all you need to get so you don't forget anything.

It's mental conditioning. Trickery if you will. It may not be magical, but for a lot of people, it can have a psychological impact.

I haven't heard of the other things you mention, but they are crazy too!

Everybody is a little crazy, just a part of the human condition.

The local Crones (old lady witches) have announced they are going to have a healing circle, because my knee has decided it not going to hold up my fat a** anymore. I am going to go, I know it will make me feel better and them feel better. Most of what you get out of it is a feeling of love and support. I have found when you're in pain that love and support, along with some Tibetan bowl sound vibration therapy does wonders. It is not going to hurt me, isn't going to cost anything and it might even be fun. That doesn't mean I am not going to the orthopedic doctor and see what he do to hopefully fix it (Who might just end up hurting me, costing me and it isn't going to be fun.)

• Like 4

I've been thinking about this on & off over the last couple of days, and about the mind/body connection. I think the act of setting intention may be the most important element of the act. The ceremony/ritual turns the mind toward positive thoughts and taking control of one's life and environment, instead of dwelling on thoughts that produce anxiety and fear, and shifts the body/mind from the negative to the positive. It allows us to take control of our environment instead of feeling like a helpless victim, and that is maybe 80% of the battle. Once our minds shift from the negative to the positive we can to effectively begin to engage in problem solving. The tools, ritual, and language of ceremony serve as a means of bringing the ideas into the physical world, where is where we operate, as well as a kind of affirmation. And we all know how powerful the mind is, and how most of us use only about 10% of its capacity.

I can't say for certain that stones or sage or cedar or ceremony heal on their own, that they have healing energy, although I believe that to be the case. I do believe that when we set a positive intention to heal, whether it be ourselves or others, that the universe sometimes conspires with us to make that happen. The healing may not be physical, but it can occur in spirit, emotion, attitude, that eases the circumstances and allows us to go on and better deal with circumstances. And often, during ceremony, our brain waves shift from beta to alpha, so we are physiologically in the world differently than we usually are, as well as mentally, and emotionally, and during that time may find what we need. Well, that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

• Like 5