Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toyota's 'Driver Speak Easy'

bubblykiss

Toyota's 'Driver Speak Easy' Lets You Yell At Your Kids From Front Seat

DETROIT - Toyota wants to help you scream at your unruly kids.

The latest version of the company's Sienna minivan has a feature called "Driver Easy Speak." It uses a built-in microphone to amplify a parent's voice through speakers in the back seats.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/19/toyota-sienna-driver-speak-easy_n_5600828.html

I am a bit conflicted on this one. Having spent the last 2 weeks watching my 7 and 5 y-o nephews I can understand the virtue of wanting to scream at children constantly because...ah, that, is, ah, effective? right? ah, right? and does not project the idea that when adults get angry to get their way it is good. but when kids get angry to get their way it is bad. right? wait, huh?

Consider the implications of this technology. People with weak voices and personalities whose children are running riot can be yelled at more effectively. That seems much better than putting some effort into actually parenting the brats. Right?

So the question is what are the implications of shout amplification technology being actively implemented to suppress children's natural state of childlike ecstasy and joy?

• Like 3

I think the simplest explanation is that the road and engine noise levels in this vehicle must be particularly bad....

• Like 4

And the feature only works one way, so the kids can't talk back. At least not with amplified voices.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/19/toyota-sienna-driver-speak-easy_n_5600828.html

Many children do not need anything, but their own voice to make themselves heard.

These car company's will try any new angle to sell to the consumer...in this case, families with young kids.

The next thing they'll be touting - for restless and noisy kids, is ejection seats B)

• Like 4

These car company's will try any new angle to sell to the consumer...in this case, families with young kids.

The next thing they'll be touting - for restless and noisy kids, is ejection seats B)

i agree.

What ever happened to good old fashion duck tape?

• Like 1

Just use a trailer - with tie-downs, of course! You don't want to be accused of neglecting safety!

• Like 1

I, for one, welcome the first company to provide ejection seats for my road rage needs!

"Stop being a backseat driver!!!" *Whacks red eject button* Wheeee!

• Like 1