Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cornwall-shaped lightning hits Cornwall

Jacques Terreur

"

This was the incredible moment Cornwall was hit by a huge bolt of lightning shaped exactly like Cornwall - in what meteorologists say is a world first.

Labourer Arron McNally, 26, captured the forking amazing image while watching storms from his daughter's bedroom window."

"

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Cornwall-hit-bolt-lightning-shape-Cornwall/story-21741382-detail/story.html

• Like 6

I wanna see Turkey!

Greece! :D

• Like 2

Imagine a bolt of lightning shaped like the US. That'd be intriguing! :w00t:

• Like 2

Greece! :D

"Go Greece lightning, you're burning up the quarter mile

Greece lightning. Go, Greece lightning."

*sorry* :blush:

• Like 6

YAY! GO CORNWALL! :w00t: A WORLD FIRST!! :clap:

• Like 2

"Go Greece lightning, you're burning up the quarter mile

Greece lightning. Go, Greece lightning."

*sorry* :blush:

*groan*

• Like 1

when lightening does polynesia, THEN i'll be impressed!

hahaha...see, i come from a tiny village where people still point at helicopters with their mouths open. 'twas good enough for me.... ;)

• Like 2

Hmm. Many of my ancestors are from Cornwall. And I have a photo of stormy mammatus clouds in my avi. Coincidence, you say? Hah!

I'll concede that the angle is about right, but the outline only has a very vague resemblance. Here's a little animation - click it to see a Google map overlaid...

post-95887-0-70419100-1406276836_thumb.g

PS - looks more like a wolf trying to kiss the power lines, to me..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

I'll concede that the angle is about right, but the outline only has a very vague resemblance. Here's a little animation - click it to see a Google map overlaid...

post-95887-0-70419100-1406276836_thumb.g

PS - looks more like a wolf trying to kiss the power lines, to me..

hehehe....of course it's not an exact match, but come oooon.....

that's like my daughter drawing a picture of me and i'd go: "WHAT? That's supposed to be ME? Try harder you little s**t!" ;)

but thanks a lot for the animation that clears up what we're actually talking about! :)

Hey, I'm not complaining - I do think it's pretty cool... Especially when compared to some of the pareidolic 'exercises' that are presented here...

But when you add up all of the lightning shots being taken around the world, it stands to reason that there should be a few pretty impressive 'pictures' drawn by the powerful hand of electricity and atmospherics. I'm actually a little surprised there aren't more lightning 'drawings' of recognisable things - maybe there are but perhaps I don't browse in the right places.. :D

• Like 1