Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Sorcerers on here? Purpose of Sorcery ?

LostSouls7

Yes.

So do you keep up with your burnt sacrifices? How could you if there is no Temple?

Do you follow Moses' dietary laws? Do you only eat Kosher food? Are Christians who don't eat Kosher going to Hell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher

Do you follow Moses' social laws? Do you prescribe to stoning people for various crimes?

The content of the Law is spread among the books of Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers, and then reiterated and added to in Deuteronomy (deutero-nomy is Latinised Greek for "Second reading of the Law"). This includes:

the Ten Commandments

Moral laws - on murder, theft, honesty, adultery, etc.

Social laws - on property, inheritance, marriage and divorce,

Food laws - on what is clean and unclean, on cooking and storing food.

Purity laws - on menstruation, seminal emissions, skin disease and mildew, etc.

Feasts - the Day of Atonement, Passover, Feast of Tabernacles, Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of Weeks etc.

Sacrifices and offerings - the sin offering, burnt offering, whole offering, heave offering, Passover sacrifice, meal offering, wave offering, peace offering, drink offering, thank offering, dough offering, incense offering, red heifer, scapegoat, first fruits, etc.

Instructions for the priesthood and the high priest including tithes.

Instructions regarding the Tabernacle, and which were later applied to the Temple in Jerusalem, including those concerning the Holy of Holies containing the Ark of the Covenant (in which were the tablets of the law, Aaron's rod, the manna). Instructions and for the construction of various altars.

Forward looking instructions for time when Israel would demand a king.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Moses

You follow all these Laws? All Christians need to follow all these Laws?

Matthew 5:17

"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

Jesus reproved the law in the Gospels, and the Holy Ghost allows us to eat all food now. The Holy Ghost has blessed us with eating all food, even insects.

When Jesus comes upon a woman about to be stoned he says, "I do not condemn thee, neither am I condemned."

I do believe in burnt sacrifices, but since I am not able to do them I bless God and do the best I can.

Jesus says, "17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

So all the law still stands, but the Lord has reproved it.

is that like a do-over?

or a mulligan...

I think sigil casting would be an example of charming. Since you charm your atmosphere when you burn it or dispose of it, when you send it. I think this is different than loading an object with energy, since when you charm it it tinges the atmosphere of the area you cast in. So it seems to me simple loading of objects isn't a sin, but charming something is. You could also have an item you charmed like an amulet, which may be enchanted, like you chanted the words or drew them over it, making it enchanted. I think charming is when you use that tinge of an environment by the use of an object.

I'm sorry if I decided to take my life into my own hands and do something without God's approval. No wonder I'm at odds with all the religious paradigms. Always a sinner, forever a saint.

There is so much created fear and dangerous sublimation of mind and will when you hold an artifact paradigm view of your essential nature...

We were not fashioned by a smith, nor was life 'gifted' to us through some special intermediary.

We grow, naturally from the conditions and process we all experience as Earth.

[/size]

I'm sorry if I decided to take my life into my own hands and do something without God's approval. No wonder I'm at odds with all the religious paradigms. Always a sinner, forever a saint.

Ok, well I bless your craft.

Take no offense. I get edgy when it come to how religious people view me. My occult interest have been life long and I've had a lot of people put me down because of it. Saying I'm doing the devils work and conversing with demons, etc. They never knew what I was actually doing. I've always held strongly in my mind to what I believe I would achieve. "Put your mind to it." as my father often told me. So I did. It's always best to believe in yourself and strive for what you desire, than to doubt and do nothing. Wouldn't you agree.

• Like 1

What is the purpose of Sorcery ?

Monetary gains using the power of devil while serving individual obscure goals.

Edited by qxcontinuum

Monetary gains using the power of devil while serving individual obscure goals.

huh... I thought that was the definition of american corporate structure

• Like 1

It's always best to believe in yourself and strive for what you desire, than to doubt and do nothing. Wouldn't you agree.

I would say NO, because it depends on what you are seeking. If someone desires to murder children, then it is better that they do nothing.

ah... the old what if game

but what if.....

can play that game til you die.

Jesus reproved the law in the Gospels, and the Holy Ghost allows us to eat all food now. The Holy Ghost has blessed us with eating all food, even insects.

Jesus did come and He did fulfill the Laws. And fulfill means finished. The Laws of Moses were finished and did not apply anymore. A new Law and new Commandments were put forward by Jesus. Jesus showed that the laws no longer applied. As an example, he challenged the Pharisees by healing people on the Sabbath even though the Pharisees warned him that it would be against the law.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fulfill

ful·fill [fool-fil]

verb (used with object)

to carry out, or bring to realization, as a prophecy or promise.

to perform or do, as duty; obey or follow, as commands.

to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.): a book that fulfills a long-felt need.

to bring to an end; finish or complete, as a period of time: He felt that life was over when one had fulfilled his threescore years and ten.

to develop the full potential of (usually used reflexively): She realized that she could never fulfill herself in such work.

I've never heard of a Christian doctrine where Jesus only "minor changes" the Laws of Moses. Though there are plenty of fundamentalist Christians who pick and chose from among the almost thousand laws.

ah... the old what if game

but what if.....

can play that game til you die.

So, define the issue where evil can't be a desire?

Show me where there are no covetous evil men?

Edited by DieChecker

but I like the what if game... can play it forEVER....

what if everyone is wrong?

And....

Galations 3:23-25

Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Romans 7:4Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. 5For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. 6But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
Another way of looking at it is high school does not destroy kindergarten, but when you come of age adult things make you put away childish things. Under the Law we were God's people are like little children taught by a tutor, only later becoming adults in the gospel. Adulthood does not oppose and destroy childhood:

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/3783/what-does-it-mean-that-jesus-fulfilled-the-law-but-did-not-abolish-it

but I like the what if game... can play it forEVER....

what if everyone is wrong?

I like to play. That is what I am doing here.

If everyone is wrong, then I will live my life the best I can and deal with what happens, when it happens. If there is no afterlife, at least I will have lived as a good man, with no regrets.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

I've never heard of a Christian doctrine where Jesus only "minor changes" the Laws of Moses. Though there are plenty of fundamentalist Christians who pick and chose from among the almost thousand laws.

Jesus reproved (corrected) the Pharisees. He fulfilled (finished) the purpose of the Law.

what if... live as good man?

sleep very soundly I have found.

what if... live as good man?

sleep very soundly I have found.

I've got the restless legs. But it bothers my wife more then me. :innocent:

I very often tell people that if they don't want to be a Christian, then at least be a Good Person, so you have less to regret IF there is a Final Judgement.

Edited by DieChecker

I hear ya man...

what if... no original sin?