Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christian Terrorist?

Grandpa Greenman

Perhaps there is a reason that many are losing their religion. The world is changing, people are changing, and if things don't change so will our society. Governments are starting to collapse under their own idiotic weight. Religious fanaticism is gaining momentum. How much longer can this type of weight be supported? How long will the common man/woman tolerate this? Eventually you get to the point where you want everyone to just shut up.

• Like 2

You know our society was based on the laws of do not kill, steal, cheat or lie, but then you have mothers having the right to kill their children. What does any one expect when the highest number of killing children in the world from birth to 5 years old is in our country, like most people think they still have the right.

Edited by docyabut2

those ideas were not invented by your human perspective based on your politico-religion.

your human politico-religion is an attempt to describe why those things abide as they do.

they are not the source.

those ideas were not invented by your human perspective based on your politico-religion.

your human politico-religion is an attempt to describe why those things abide as they do.

they are not the source.

Thats why one Islam scholar said Islam will take over the world because they don`nt believe in abortion, where as the now Christians do.

Edited by docyabut2

unless of course, as they believe, they really make their invisible dad/king mad and he floods the place...

or locusts, or famine, or disease, or.... other bad stuff from old books...

• Like 1

Thats why one Islam scholar said Islam will take over the world because they don`nt believe in abortion, where as the now Christians do.

Nope it will be the Mormons. They have more kids on average, socially protect one another, and have the highest amount of retention as kids get older. Ultimately evolution will Win the day. 300 years from now most of us will be Mormon in a stiff competition with Muslim as long as current trends hold.

300 years from now I'll be dead, hopefully. lol

Religion is the greatest destructive force ever created. It doesn't just cause war and strife it destroys the soul. The words of men are a bitter sweet poison so many swallow.

• Like 3

Religion is the greatest destructive force ever created. It doesn't just cause war and strife it destroys the soul. The words of men are a bitter sweet poison so many swallow.

anything that does your thinking for you, rots you from the inside and makes you a zombieeeeeeee

Exactly. Something that takes growth potential from you makes you nothing more than a mind slave. Too many get locked into a parasitic relationship with religion, a codependent nightmare. Where they fear any transgression against "god's law" that they tear themselves apart from the inside. False guilt for a false god. The worst is when they get lock into a hive mentally with other believes. That's when you get the kind of insanity of the OP. I'm right, your wrong, agree or die.

Spirituality to me is very different, it's about believing in something greater than yourself and doing the right things for the right reason. Not strict dogmatic faith.

For me it's, "I do not hate your God, I hate what you do in the name of your God."

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

Who killed George Tiller (my hero!) in CHURCH?

FYI, counter-terrorism agencies consider right-to-life religious organizations to be terrorist groups.

Edited by regeneratia

Exactly. Something that takes growth potential from you makes you nothing more than a mind slave. Too many get locked into a parasitic relationship with religion, a codependent nightmare. Where they fear any transgression against "god's law" that they tear themselves apart from the inside. False guilt for a false god. The worst is when they get lock into a hive mentally with other believes. That's when you get the kind of insanity of the OP. I'm right, your wrong, agree or die.

Spirituality to me is very different, it's about believing in something greater than yourself and doing the right things for the right reason. Not strict dogmatic faith.

For me it's, "I do not hate your God, I hate what you do in the name of your God."

Well said.

For me, spirituality is dynamic, like breathing. Ever bringing in and constant releasing out. Like a toroidal sphere. A field of awareness. All encompassing as well. I've yet to experience a sensation, thought, person, animal, object, etc.. that wasn't spiritual.

As to that hive mind, it is the scariest potential thing going in this world to me, when it's rooted in fear and anger. When that inertia gets going, it's possession. You can watch personality temporarily dissolve into the hive mind right in front of you, as in a moment, a good friend turns and goes smashing into the crowd.

On the flip side, when a group opens itself with healing or playful intention, I've experienced blissful transcendence of my own small identity, in favor of massive, loving, blissful, healing awareness.

Always with the duality in this paradigm. As far as biblical teachings go, I do like the allegory of the apple.

Without awareness of duality, blissful unity consciousness is, in my experience, a natural state.

Nope you both got it wrong. We Pagans are going to hide out in the woods until y'all kill each other off, then we are going to come out beat drums and dance naked on the beach. The atheist, Buddhist, Unitarians and aboriginal folks are welcome join us. Hindus as long as there is none of the caste system nonsense.

I'm betting the six and eight leggeds will outlive us all

their kingdom already thrives beyond, in spite of, with and without us..

It is amazing. I LIVE my spiritual beliefs, and in every case I find exactly the opposite to be true.

Can I explain this? Not really, except that religion is not about organizations, but about a personal relationship with 'god' which exists in every minute of every day no matter where you are, or what you are doing, and defines who and what you are as a human being; and your relationships with others, and with the environment.

• Like 1

It is amazing. I LIVE my spiritual beliefs, and in every case I find exactly the opposite to be true.

If it makes you feel safe and secure at the end of the day, that all well and good. I guess having false hope is better than no hope at all. The faithful are not my concern, it's the fanatics who take their storybook way to serious.

• Like 1

[/size]

If it makes you feel safe and secure at the end of the day, that all well and good. I guess having false hope is better than no hope at all. The faithful are not my concern, it's the fanatics who take their storybook way to serious.

It doesn't have anything to do with being safe and secure.

I don't believe in life after death and religion doesn't give me some sort of spiritual solace.

Faith and spirituality are as beneficial and necessary to humanity as logic. They produce solid measurable physical and psychological benefits to individuals and to society. They empower and free people rather than enslave them, because they require reflection thought, self knowledge and understanding of self and the world. Religion in itself does not war, although differences in belief can do, and often its existence may prevent wars because it binds people together.

The words of many religious texts offer hope, love, power, and control over a life which otherwise is entirely mechanistic and materialistic, and thus meaningless.

• Like 1

that just made me shake my head so hard, I made that cheek flapping sound...

• Like 1

The words of many religious texts offer hope, love, power, and control over a life which otherwise is entirely mechanistic and materialistic, and thus meaningless.

That's just it, life is meaningless. It's just something you do between birth and death. Everything thing we do in between is filler work. The only way any religion has a place in someones life is because they want it. Some people need it and some people don't.

• Like 2

[/size]

That's just it, life is meaningless. It's just something you do between birth and death. Everything thing we do in between is filler work. The only way any religion has a place in someones life is because they want it. Some people need it and some people don't.

I'd add one more category to that

they were taught it as children prior to the age of critical thinking and perhaps never had the inkling to look beyond.

• Like 1

I think it is sad people need a book to tell them life has meaning. The existence of life itself is what gives life meaning what more do we need. I guess Louis said it best.

• Like 1

I don't need a book to have hope. I have three kids that give me hope for the future. That have been raised to do the right things for the right reason. To be independent and strong. To ask for help when needed. They inspire me to keep going when I feel hopeless, to smile when I'm sad, and I know I have someone to carry me when I'm weak. My family is my strength. I never gained such from a storybook called the bible. God never gave me these things, I earned them. I only want to leave this world knowing that I've created a chance for a better future for my descendants. Because when I'm dead I won't have all that I've worked for and I won't be me anymore. I don't concern myself with heaven or hell because it's irrelevant. Life will go on without you. Some of us go through what is called the dark night of the soul.

http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/depression-dark-night-of-the-soul-magick.html

• Like 2

I think it is sad people need a book to tell them life has meaning. The existence of life itself is what gives life meaning what more do we need. I guess Louis said it best.

[media=]

[/media]

I don't need a book to have hope. I have three kids that give me hope for the future. That have been raised to do the right things for the right reason. To be independent and strong. To ask for help when needed. They inspire me to keep going when I feel hopeless, to smile when I'm sad, and I know I have someone to carry me when I'm weak. My family is my strength. I never gained such from a storybook called the bible. God never gave me these things, I earned them. I only want to leave this world knowing that I've created a chance for a better future for my descendants. Because when I'm dead I won't have all that I've worked for and I won't be me anymore. I don't concern myself with heaven or hell because it's irrelevant. Life will go on without you. Some of us go through what is called the dark night of the soul.

http://www.spiralnat...oul-magick.html

hearing this level of awareness and openness brings me hope...

reminds me there's a whole wave of folks waking up and working to make an awesome life

• Like 1

Perhaps there is a reason that many are losing their religion. The world is changing, people are changing, and if things don't change so will our society. Governments are starting to collapse under their own idiotic weight. Religious fanaticism is gaining momentum. How much longer can this type of weight be supported? How long will the common man/woman tolerate this? Eventually you get to the point where you want everyone to just shut up.

How melodramatic.

The dark night of the soul taught me a lot about myself. For 3 years I went through it. My grandmothers death triggered, then an onslaught of personal misfortune made it worse. During that time I realized a lot of false belief and personal misconceptions about myself. I found a connection to life itself. I saw the bigger picture and this changed me. As a metaphysical practitioner I began to understand the implications of my thoughts and actions. The puzzle pieces of the life I was creating. Know deep inside that every thought, word, and deed carried weight that went past my own life. See for once in my life the whole picture. It's a very profound experience. Not many people care to think how even the simplest kind word can change a persons life. Same with words of spite.

• Like 2