Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jimmy Hoffa's Body: Where do you think it is?

GigglyRedhead

Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace from a Detroit restaurant where he was supposed to "settle some funds" but the body was never found.

Now, I don't know much about the case itself but I know enough about how mobsters work. If I were wanting to get rid of him for some reason, I would have found a secure location to kill him and then scatter his body parts in various burial locations. Hence, why a body was never found...they didn't keep it intact.

This is just my theory, though. Got some others?

• Like 1

Just something ive come across.... Copied and pasted!

Jimmy Hoffa Remains Found? Federal Agents Dig For Body In Suburban Detroit Field [VIDEO]

By Carey Vanderborg@CareyDrew2

on June 17 2013 2:04 PM

155392-the-legendary-jimmy-hoffa.jpg

Federal agents began digging a up a field in northern Oakland Township Monday in hopes of finding the remains of Jimmy Hoffa. Creative Common

In what has turned into a somewhat of a wild goose chase, federal agents are searching a field in suburban Detroit after a key source said remains of former Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa might be found there.

While the FBI has declined immediate comment on the search in Oakland Township, about 25 miles north of Detroit, Tony Zerilli, a former mobster with ties to the Detroit area, told local station WDIV in February that the FBI had enough information for a search warrant to dig at the site.

Zerilli, who was in prison in 1975 when Hoffa disappeared from a Detroit-area restaurant, told WNBC New York in January that the union leader's final resting place is about 20 miles north of the restaurant where he was last seen. According to the former mob boss, Hoffa was buried in a shallow grave and the plan was to move the body at another time, but that never happened.

"Once he was buried here, he was buried, and they let it go,” Zerilli said.

Despite multiple sources claiming in past years to know the whereabouts of Hoffa’s remains, none have proven to be correct. But when notified back in January of Zerilli’s willingness to come forward, former U.S. Attorney Keith Corbett, who prosecuted organized crime in Detroit for 20 years, suggested to NBC that Zerilli might just be the person who could lead authorities to the body.

“The bureau had a short list of people they wanted to talk to about that, and I can’t think of anybody on that list who was more highly placed than Anthony Zerilli,” Corbett said in an earlier interview with NBC 4.

"This is certainly the most interesting and attractive lead that has come up since I’ve been involved with this -- and I think the bureau would react the same way,” he added.

Federal agents said that while Zerilli has been unwilling to give up any names that might lead to an arrest in the case, he might be one of the few men who actually knows where Hoffa's body was buried.

“Clearly, when he returned he would’ve been a person, based on his position in the hierarchy, who would have been able to learn the facts and circumstances surrounding the disappearance of James Earl Hoffa,” Corbett said.

Although Zerilli has said that he's simply seeking closure for himself and Hoffa’s family, he's also working on a book and has a website, HoffaFound.com, the NBC report said.

“I’d like to just prove to everybody that I’m not crazy," Zerilli said. "And it means a lot to me. What happened happened while I was in jail. And I feel very, very bad about it and it should never have happened to Jim Hoffa. He didn’t deserve what happened to him.”

• Like 1

While discussing this with somebody some time ago, they seem to think that Hoffa was made into burgers. Sounds really really really gross, but this would show someone really wanted to really get rid of the body in a smart way. :whistle:

someone probably fed him to the pigs. they eat everything - bones n all

I lived in the Detroit area for 10 years. While I was living there, I visited the location on Telegraph Road Jimmy was last known to be seen (the Red Fox Restaurant) and studied the pictures of the area circa 1975. In my opinion there is no way a body will be uncovered. Whether Kuklinski's claim is correct or Zerilli's, there is and was too many viable opportunities to "hide" the body so no one would find it.

The most credible story I've heard was by some retired mafia guy saying Hoffa's body was taken to a mafia wrecking yard and crushed inside a car, then the car was shredded. He just seemed he knew what he was talking about.

The most credible story I've heard was by some retired mafia guy saying Hoffa's body was taken to a mafia wrecking yard and crushed inside a car, then the car was shredded. He just seemed he knew what he was talking about.

Mafia guys retire???

• Like 1

Mafia guys retire???

Yeah, he was an old guy, been around all his life in the mob. I guess, being an old man, he was excused from active duty. :)

• Like 1

More than likely was disposed of in a way where it would never be found. Maybe he was eaten to death by pigs? They did that last year in Italy, it was a big news story.

• Like 1

Who Said he is dead he may be in the witness protection program for all we know...

• Like 1

More than likely was disposed of in a way where it would never be found. Maybe he was eaten to death by pigs? They did that last year in Italy, it was a big news story.

that's what i just said!

Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace from a Detroit restaurant where he was supposed to "settle some funds" but the body was never found.

Now, I don't know much about the case itself but I know enough about how mobsters work. If I were wanting to get rid of him for some reason, I would have found a secure location to kill him and then scatter his body parts in various burial locations. Hence, why a body was never found...they didn't keep it intact.

This is just my theory, though. Got some others?

No one knows for absolutely sure but Frank Sheeran's account is considered by the FBI and others in LE as the most likely scenario. Hoffa was run through the incinerator in a funeral home after two to the head by Sheeran. No body no crime. Here's a recent article on the case. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/30/eric-shawn-investigates-hit-on-hoffa-38-years-later-mystery-endures/

No one knows for absolutely sure but Frank Sheeran's account is considered by the FBI and others in LE as the most likely scenario. Hoffa was run through the incinerator in a funeral home after two to the head by Sheeran. No body no crime. Here's a recent article on the case. http://www.foxnews.c...ystery-endures/

Yes, I find that seems most likely. Cremation also would explain the lack of a body.

I consider this case closed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/30/eric-shawn-investigates-hit-on-hoffa/

What I was thinking. A friend who worked for a major Botanical Garden said that they had an enormous wood chipper they would run trees and anything else botanical that they were trying to get rid of. One night it disappeared and was returned the next night covered in blood. The consensus was that someone had been run through the chipper into a catfish raising pond. This was years ago, I don't know if the perpetrators were ever caught. Perhaps Hoffa suffered the same gruesome fate.

I just wish we stop expending resources to try and find him.

Rafterman,

I agree seems like a waste of funds and manpower. My guess is that LE is not spending anymore time or money on this case than they would on your average cold case, but it would be bad publicity for them to not continue, after all, as bad as this guy was, he had a family and they deserve justice. I say this because there is little value to the feds in recovering the body after all these years. More than likely the people who were directly responsible for his death were then killed themselves shortly afterwards by the people who ordered Hoffa's murder. And those who ordered the killing have either died themselves by natural or unnatural causes and/or are unwilling to talk because that information would be very valuable to the feds and give one of these wise guys facing a long prison sentence plenty of reason to talk and an instant get out of jail free card.

Edited by BrooklynGuy

• 11 months later...

New evidence emerges on Jimmy Hoffa's possible fate, suggests feds were on right track searching N.J. dump

His disappearance 40 years ago is one of the greatest unsolved mysteries in U.S. history, and now new evidence has emerged about Jimmy Hoffa’s possible fate. A mobster who was believed to be involved in the labor boss’s disappearance suggested before he died last year that the feds were on the right track when they searched a New Jersey dump for Hoffa’s remains, a bombshell report says. Investigative reporter Dan Moldea confirmed that the FBI searched the dump in 1975, looking for a 55-gallon drum they believed the Teamsters boss had been entombed in.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/exclusive-new-evidence-emerges-jimmy-hoffa-fate-article-1.2308877

Interesting bit from the link BrooklynGuy posted:

Besides the garbage dump and the farm, there have been reports over the past four decades that the corrupt labor leader’s body was buried under the west end zone of Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands, and incinerated in a garbage disposal plant.

Hoffa was declared legally dead in 1982. It is believed that the politically connected Hoffa was whacked by the Mafia because he refused to back off from trying to regain the presidency of the powerful Teamsters union.

• Like 1

Interesting bit from the link BrooklynGuy posted:

Don't you think he would be near Detroit. I am not sure about driving him on a road trip. I would think they would want rid of him as quickly as possible. I am thinking he ended up in a landfill in Michigan, not new jersey or perhaps some grave in a remote area, still undeveloped lost forever. Of course, if there was a construction site they knew about needing to pour concrete, they could have taken advantage of it. My money is on Michigan not far from Detroit.

I'd say Hoffa's body never left the state.I'd also bet Hoffa wasn't the only one took out either.I'd say after his death there were loose ends to tie up so to speak.Can't have too many walking around with that kind of information.Mobster's were notorious for actions like that.If 2 people know something it's not a secret.

Whatever happened to Chuckie O'Brien. Is he dead? He supposedly met with Tony Giacolone on the morning of the disappearance according to a complaint filed against him by the teamsters. He was just telling him goodbye since he was leaving for florida.

He claims in interviews to the press he borrowed Joey giacolone's car on the day Hoffa went missing to deliver a fish from the office and never mentions Tony in the interviews. There also seems to be a problem with the florida assignment timeline.

This is interesting. Need to look into this when I have more time.

Edited by mbrn30000

Don't you think he would be near Detroit. I am not sure about driving him on a road trip. I would think they would want rid of him as quickly as possible. I am thinking he ended up in a landfill in Michigan, not new jersey or perhaps some grave in a remote area, still undeveloped lost forever. Of course, if there was a construction site they knew about needing to pour concrete, they could have taken advantage of it. My money is on Michigan not far from Detroit.

I think you have a very strong point here. I actually lived on the far north side of Southfield, MI in the late 80s. I've been to that restaurant several times. It always seemed to me that whoever took him from there had to use a quiet, gun in the back type method because of the fact that restaurant sits out from the strip mall all by itself with at least 6 lanes of traffic and there is a traffic light at the intersection. Anyone that decided to take him from there stood a high risk of being scene from the road. There's virtually no cover for the parking lot. (No, stay calm, this is not de ja vous, I have NO "personal" knowledge of Hoffa or what went on other than this. :w00t: )

That said, although Telegraph is extremely busy there, you had just a matter of less than ten miles if you went north on it, took a left towards Orchard Lake and you are would be in a very wealthy for the most part but extremely sparsely populated, forested area on two land roads that seemed to go nowhere. I've turned wrong there and been so lost I didn't think I was ever going to find my way out multiple times.

Makes no sense to me that they would haul him back onto freeways going into the city, ducking cop cars all the way, when they could have simply driven north, had a grave dug in an area a Sheriff's car might, and that's a big might, happen by once every two weeks.

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 1