Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tarot readers-learning still, can you help?

Avalon24

Hello all! I am new here and new to tarot as well. (Fascinating). I did my very first soulmate spread that was recommended in another forum and divided my deck into court cards, majors, minors, and aces. (As suggested)

I am having trouble understanding its meaning In regards to my soulmate questions. Specifically the 2nd and 4th cards. (Scared of the reversed moon) Can someone help me decipher their meanings? Thank you!

Ps. (I'm also using the Thoth deck)

1. What is my soulmate like- knight of wands

2. In what situation will I meet my soulmate- 5 of wands

3. How to approach him- ace of swords

4. Advice- the moon (reversed)

There is no need to be "scared" of any card regardless of what books say. Fear only clouds your interpretation.

From what I read, the books should be put away after awhile because the cards cannot and should not be interpreted based on what books say. Don't forget that you are using them to divine your own life and books cannot do this.

Also, using the cards to divine stuff that you should be doing on your own is not a good idea. Perhaps the reversed moon is trying to tell you this. No future is written in stone and cards, stones and the like should not be used to predict a future that is entirely within your hands.

• Like 1

Your soulmate sounds like an artist, maybe not by profession (as it may be retarded to assume these things were always literal), but has that characteristic. You'll meet him when you least expect it, goes along with how these things usually work out. You may need your willpower to go through whatever obstacles there are, that's what I'd assume the willpower ace of swords is for tho it could be for something else. Clarity. Reversed moon, dont follow your gut?

Ryu: no ****. Think whatever you want about tarot, not my place to educate you or anything... but it's not the devil (15), it's the trickster (15). These are not ment to override common sense nor the living, there's just certain situations where they can act as handy reminders for solutions you didn't think of... multiple choises, some in the blank, until you use tarot. You're right about not using it too often, I noticed I changed when I used astrology too often, my view became "off", so I chilled. Tarot is the same. It's useful to me for innovative solutions and confirmations, extra assurance, though if you read my words like the devil reads bible I'm sure you'd take it as if I had to use it. I dont have to use a knife to cut meat or veggies, I can just eat them whole or put them in the oven so they become soft. Knife is optional. I dont have to open plastic bags the frozen berries are in with a knife, I can use my teeth instead. Tarot is just a tool. It can be a religion too, unlike knife. But I prefer to use it like a knife. I ain't experienced with tarot but I have PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of how this kinda stuff works when you overdo it. It's not the devil.

• Like 1

Ryu: no ****. Think whatever you want about tarot, not my place to educate you or anything... but it's not the devil (15), it's the trickster (15).

Huh? Did I say anything was the devil? I don't understand your reply.

Thank you both for your replys! Good to know about the reading for yourself bit as I can go overboard pulling cards for myself haha. Mikko, I found your interpretation to be really interesting. I have always dated artists of some kind, and I just had a professional psychic tell me yesterday that I am very intuitive but follow my heart too much instead of my gut. Hmph. Anyways thanks again!

Edited by Avalon24

Im sorry i cant help im still learning myself I have The Aleister Crowley Toth Tarot, had them over 20 years now and im still learning! Guess im not that passionate about them as i once was.

95-nasty, from what I have read its a pretty difficult deck for beginners and hard to memorize (just my luck) haha! Thank you anyways.