Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World visa and passport database has crashed

questionmark

WASHINGTON, July 25 (UPI) --The U.S. Department of State acknowledged Thursday that the Consular Consolidated Database, responsible for issuing passports and visas, "is operating at limited capacity."

The technical problems began earlier this week while regular maintenance was being performed on the system, diminishing the possibility the disruption was caused by a malicious attack, deputy spokesperson Marie Harf noted. Technical experts are investigating the root cause.

"This was a technical issue, and again, we are working to correct it and should be fully operational again soon. We're operating at a little bit of limited capacity right now, though, so we're trying not to overload the system."

hmm, so now we are going to have one of two things happening: a gigantic mess at the entry ports during vacation time or everybody wanting to sneak in does not need to walk through the desert....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• acidhead

• preacherman76

• nigella

hmm, so now we are going to have one of two things happening: a gigantic mess at the entry ports during vacation time or everybody wanting to sneak in does not need to walk through the desert....

Thats already the case on the southern boarder. Now I guess they could come from anywhere.

I guess this will also impact the issuing of TSA entry validation for non US Citizens wanting to vacation in the USA this year?

I guess this will also impact the issuing of TSA entry validation for non US Citizens wanting to vacation in the USA this year?

I guess that too.

I cleared Customs last week and their computer was having some sort of problem. All worked out fine and there was no delay for us.