Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas

Lucas North-justiceseeker

upon further reading it says that was from the Zombie Walk in AZ... so is that supposedly a look a like of the real suspect or is that him the cops have . Im so confused lol

no that pic with him and the cops is the guy and they been watching him for awhile so don't u think they get close enough to take pictures si not to get him suspicious and the blood is fake blood he use to do zombie stuff the decetives did a ruse in order to get his DNA

I don't think I've ever seen a case where serving a search warrant was such a monumental task. I think it might be unprecedented.

According to the following article, it sounds like it must have been shortly after the murder of Bernas that Miller moved to Washington state.

It was reported in another article (it might have been from AZCentral) that he'd also lived in Hawaii.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/01/expert_95_percent_chance_suspe.html#incart_related_stories

um no they have to a reason justified to get a search warrant and getting DNA sometimes takes time and yes he moved to Washington in 1998 has also lived in Hawaii. Moved back to PHX after being awuittedfrom stabbing that woman and the news just said there been new evidence found while going through his house

I don't think I've ever seen a case where serving a search warrant was such a monumental task. I think it might be unprecedented.

In other words, I think it's remarkable, possibly unprecedented, that as investigators conduct their search of the Miller residence in AZ., that they're dealing with what's obviously a staggering amount of potential evidence to collect/document.

Lucas,

In response to your questions in an earlier email, all the details have been shared with the authorities more than once. A local investigative reporter, currently working in the Chicago market, kicked up the dust on the story nationwide in 2011 and has been gaining momentum ever since. In addition, the Cold Justice team was contacted. And all were directed to this forum and the earlier one which you started for additional info.

Now that the police have made an arrest, discussing details which may or may not be accurate in this forum would only jeopardize securing a murder conviction for Miller. If more than one person involved, would Bryan Miller take the rap for the other assailants? I don't think so, Truth is stranger than fiction.

I was wondering since you're such a fierce justice-seeker would you consider starting a forum and investigating the murder of Christine Jurek found in Avondale by a body of water. The curious thing about it is that she llived in town ~ Indian School/45th St. and she was found dead in Avondale but she didn't own a car.(!?) I'm trying not to jump to conclusions= she lived in Melanie's part of town and taken elsewhere. If you remember on the past forum one of Melanie's friends said it was unlikely that she would bike that far north where she was found murdered. He said she was hit by a vehicle and the vehicle driver picked her up...do you recall those details?

It was Steve Rino who said in 2012 that Melanie was hit by a car along 40th street and Osborn and stuffed into a gold Sedan on the night of the 21st. She was found the next morning. Allegedy detectives also found pieces of a broken light from a car matching that description.

Here is a link to information on Christine Jurek case. I was thinking about staring a new topic for potential victims on this Bryan Patrick Miller. Christine might be connected as might Brandy Myers, Shannon Aumuck, and others in this area and Everett Washington. In the Everett incident that came out he changed his M.O. yes he still was trying to stab a women but no bikes were involved.

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker
  • Like 1

I made a list (just beginning and already have 3 - haven't even gotten to 1993 yet!). I also would like to say I hope he didn't murder Adrienne Salinas.

Just noting here 2 missing and 1 murdered in 1991 and 1992 (adult and young preteen girl missing, and a teenage girl found murdered) that I think could be related to BPM based mainly on location and also circumstance:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/152dfaz.html

Sherry Ann Daugherty of paradise valley, missing aug 29, 1991. Body never found. Foul play suspected. Car found parked at Target by Paradise Valley mall. (BPM's first known victim was an older woman like Sherry he stabbed at paradise valley mall in 1989 who he stabbed bc she "reminded him of his mother". He was out of Juvi by the time Sherry disappeared.)

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Police-looking-for-answers-in-Brandy-Myers-cold-case-decades-later-205919441.html

Brandy Myers, Missing May 26, 1992. Never found. Last seen trying to sell things for school in her neighborhood of sunnyslope, just due west of the Paradise Valley Mall. Is there a Sunnyslope connection to the Warlock kids and her disappearance? Perhaps BPM abducted Brandy after selling/dropping the bike in Sunnyslope? Or were multiple people involved in her sunnyslope disappearance? Wish we knew.

https://tinyvictims.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/shannon-aumock/

Shannon Aumock, missing May 28 1992, found just 15 minutes northwest of Paradise Valley Mall. May have been abducted by stranger after she ran away from foster home.

BPM's known victims were found only about 15 miles west of Paradise Valley Mall.

If the unfound victims are connected, the location of Shannon Amock's body was found Northwest of the Paradise Valley Mall off Deer Valley Rd might give a clue as to his geographic awareness and where he likes to dispose of victims. She was found under a pile of rubbish discarded "like you would a piece of trash".

He may prefer to leave bodies more north and west of areas that he has abducted from.

Edited by WildFlower30

The problem with trying to link him to missing persons is that no body = no dna evidence. When his DNA is put in the nationwide data base then we will see if he is linked to unsolved homicides or rapes.

And yes I'm aware if there's no body there's no evidence but detectives could at least pry and ask him if there were other victims. They show pictures of people who went missing around that time to see if the suspect might have been connected and will give some sort of voluntary confession. We will see. I sure hope he only had the 2 victims we know of. Since there's been nothing new to suggest he has other victims I guess maybe there were none. Hard to believe he wouldn't murder more than just the 2 women at the Arizona canal.

Edited by WildFlower30

• 2 weeks later...

Well I guess all the craziness has died down and today its the 3rd of February so Miller has been in jail for almost a month. I still suspect that he acted with accomplices and I am requesting new information. Please chime in if you know something.

• Like 1

I was 15 when Angela Brosso was murdered. At the time my Grandmother lived on Dahlia and 25th right next to that park. I remember the helicopter shot of the body and how it was pixelated to censor the gruesome crime. Very happy this sociopath was caught. Cold cases are a passion of mine too.

Now that this "Zombie Hunter" is destined to be executed and become another story on Discovery ID, I'm going to resume my amateur sleuthing to concentrate on the East Area Rapist A,K.A. The Original Night Stalker. If you're still looking for a hobby... That's a case that will frustrate the hell out of you.

Edited by Ladmo Bag
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Its amazing he hasnt been linked to more crimes already.

I agree. Someone like that doesn't just stop killing. At least statistically the odds are very low that those were his only victims.

Edited by WildFlower30

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so people see this case wrapped up and the final phase is the trial of B.P.M. yet I see it differently. There are still loose ends involving these warlocks. I believe B.P.M. had accomplices and I have the names of these potential suspects and have forward them to law enforcement. They are William L., Christopher B. and Ronald M. and all lived in or near the area of the crime in 1992. Just because only one mans DNA was found, that of Bryan Patrick Miller, does not mean that he didn't have accomplices. This was a ritualistic killing and "Ronnie" was the leader of this group and had Angela's purple bike in the days after her death at his apartment; the same apartment next to the park Angela was found and the same apartment where Angela lived. Giving up on this case is the equivalent to getting Terry Nichols and letting Timothy Mcveigh walk away scot free. There was justice in OKC bombing and there should be in this case. Justice is only partially done here in this case. From the evidence at the very least "Ronnie" was involved and working with B.P.M. and he seems like the mastermind. Hes our McVeigh and BPM is Nichols. I think there might be at least 1 or 2 more Terry Nichols to Ronnie's McVeigh.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the police were able to compare DNA between the cases. There may have been nothing of use in that regard as the bodies were only identified through dental records. The potential connection, beyond the similarity of the victims, is Interstate 17. Not being from the area, I don't know whether that road is being used simply as a reference point in discussing the cases or if the fact that the bodies are all found in proximity to I-17 is significant.

There was no DNA in the Diana and Jennifer case. Their bodies were so decomposed they had to use dental records to confirm who they were. There was no evidence found on them or at the scene. So even if this guy's DNA is in the system following his arrest it won't pop up because there is nothing to compare it to.

• 2 weeks later...

There was no DNA in the Diana and Jennifer case. Their bodies were so decomposed they had to use dental records to confirm who they were. There was no evidence found on them or at the scene. So even if this guy's DNA is in the system following his arrest it won't pop up because there is nothing to compare it to.

They can check to see if he had previosuly owned or rented a blue truck and had employment or housing in the Glendale area at the time.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@ Elegant Mess

Interesting article but still speculation. Its obvious BPM is involved but what about his warlock friends? Your telling me Bryan wasnt a warlock? He liked to play dress up as a "zombie hunter" its possible he ditched the warlock thing after Angela was killed to make him look less suspicious. Phoneix PD said the killer of Angela and Melanie had military training as seen with their stab wounds. Bryan Patrick Miller was never in the millitary as far as I know. When he was a young man he was in juvie until 18 then lived with his parents in the area where Angela was killed (25th ave and Cactus) until leaving for the state of Washington shortly after Melanie was killed (1993). So basically what we have is a senerio where there was at least one achomplice involved. Like voiceinthewind previously stated this was a "family" of sorts that lived in and near the apartments and the leader of the pack was a "self proclaimed cross dressing warlcok". Voice in the wind said they had ties to the West Valley and Sunnyslope areas and also one member of the group died of HIV "several years back".

Just because BPM's DNA was obtained from both girls does not mean he acted alone. He could have been the rapist if the evidence obtained was semen and the homosexual leader of the group could have been the stabber. Or if there was no sexual DNA BPM could have been the one who grabed the girls while the stabber stabed and they fought back to scratch him. Yes BPM has history of stabbing women but it doesnt appear that he was the stabber of Angela and Melanie due to his lack of military training, unless he had a friend with military training teach him. "Ronnie" is the guy we are looking for. A good place to start is by asking his friends if he was friends with a crossdresser with military experience. So if any of Bryan Patrick Millers friends are reading this, like the dude in the atricle Elegant Mess provided, can you please tell us who "Ronnie" is?

• 3 weeks later...

There's evidence against Miller in the '92 case of 13 yr. old Brandy Myers.

http://www.azcentral...spect/75641070/

Yes and they also expect a link in the Shannon Aumuck murder who coincidently was in the same troubled kids home BPM was in. Her body was found in the mountains off Cave Creek road and Deer Valley in 1992. Bryan Patrick Miller's house was near Cave Creek Road.

Also note in this video how witness Marie Bergman's description of an assailant that tried to attack her the morning of 11-9-1992 has a different jawline and facial features that Bryan Patrick Miller. That sketch she provided could be Ronnie...

Yes and they also expect a link in the Shannon Aumuck murder who coincidently was in the same troubled kids home BPM was in. Her body was found in the mountains off Cave Creek road and Deer Valley in 1992. Bryan Patrick Miller's house was near Cave Creek Road.

I don't know that they'd have crossed paths and based on proximity alone, I wouldn't be confident that he's also responsible for that murder.

As to where he lived in '92, I've read that he lived "near the bike path" but I don't know where specifically.

Also note in this video how witness Marie Bergman's description of an assailant that tried to attack her the morning of 11-9-1992 has a different jawline and facial features that Bryan Patrick Miller. That sketch she provided could be Ronnie...

The incident was described as "an encounter"... :huh:

Anyway, I still highly doubt that Miller ever had an accomplice.

"Anyway, I still highly doubt that Miller ever had an accomplice."

Then why did Ronnie have the purple bike? We know BPM seeked out like minded individuals who shared his tastes in steampunk and other subcultures. Is it that far-fetched that he would have befriended a cross-dressing warlock?