Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paradise Lost - West Memphis Killings

ReddHeadsRantings

I've seen 4 if the documenteries on this and have read 3 books-I'm no lawyer But it seems to me that it was not handled right from the start. And the aplees handled by the 1st judge-seems to me he should have removed himself-other thoughts ?

I've seen 4 if the documenteries on this and have read 3 books-I'm no lawyer But it seems to me that it was not handled right from the start. And the aplees handled by the 1st judge-seems to me he should have removed himself-other thoughts ?

It's never made sense to me why cases are sent back to the original trial judge, but that's evidently the way it was decided and sense didn't figure into that decision.

I think it was one of the biggest breaks the WM3 ever had when Judge Barnett was finally, finally! out of the picture, but it's also too bad he was ever there to begin with.

• Like 1

The documentaries were not really documentaries though, they were biased. After watching them, I think that most people would be convinced of their innocence.

It is more accurate to look at the real evidence and read the police reports and court transcripts which are available online. You might change your mind after that...at least I did.

It sounds to me like the OP's opinion is well-informed and they asked for opinions re: the fact that cases are remanded back to the original trial judge, but for those interested in reading the trial transcripts- MissKelley's trial was first and then Echols and Baldwin were tried together so there were actually two trials- including documents obtained from the WMPD, those documents are available at the following link.

http://callahan.8k.com/