Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Second mysterious crater reported from Yamal

Still Waters

The Moscow Times reported this week that reindeer herders in far northern Russia have found a second mysterious giant hole. According to these unconfirmed reports, the second hole is about 30 kilometers (20 miles) away from a first large and mysterious hole in the Russian permafrost, which made a big splash in social media after the Siberian Times reported it in mid-July 2014.

http://earthsky.org/...rted-from-yamal

Previously -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=269295

• Like 2

What I am wondering is if this continues is it going to make global warming worse. During the Permian extinction wasn't more methane being released in the atmosphere part of what caused things to heat up to the point up to 95% of life died out.

I don't know if this is a methane issue. That was a preliminary hypothesis, but they are going with pingos now.

This is really strange stuff going on, do they know how these holes got there

If this was 2012 people would be claiming that it was evidence for an unknown, unseen new planet that was about to destroy the Earth.

• Like 2

I'm sure the holes are natural and a series of events caused them to cave in. They were probably gaps that were always there. Global warming, methane, seismic activity. We don't know what's going on underneath us. We're concerned with what's happening on the surface. Gaia rules!

Sinkholes of some kind? Maybe it was an underground avalanche and it caved in on itself from shifting plates or something?

Not a sink hole¡K the original thought was a methane blast. From looking at the pictures you can tell something came out, not sunk in. I bet something¡¦s been hibernating down there for a while¡K. ƒº It¡¦ll probably turn out to be a publicity stunt for the next Godzilla vs Rodan movie!

• Like 2

do they know how these holes got there

yes CG.

it was that b'stard Doug McClure.

the NSA sold him some dynamite, to try & destabilise the Morlock Govt. and what we're seeing here is the fall-out.

(or fall-in, as it were.....)

;-)

• Like 2

ƒº It¡¦ll probably turn out to be a publicity stunt for the next Godzilla vs Rodan movie!

yaayy radioactive mutants!!

(welcome to UM....)

Global flatulence. I recommend a few truckloads of sodium bicarbonate. Stat.

• Like 1

It's the US Military Industrial Complex laser beam satellite firing beams onto earth at certain locations to create these large sinkholes and possibly in an effort to de-stabilise the earth's geological plates causing earthquakes and other calamities. When in our history or the history of the planet have these sinkholes appeared before? Never, that I've heard about or read about. Were they happening 2,000 or even 100 years ago? No

What gets me is how smooth the sides seem to be, almost perfect.

Intriguing stuff what ever it is. Unlike the sink holes we see they seem to have material at the top like they blew upwards. My question is, where is all the material that came out?

It's a new golf course for those who can never par a hole, like me.

• Like 2

I just love that beautiful cross-section view of the tundra.

The holes in the pictures almost look like bore hole. Fairly smooth sizes. Maybe someone finally dug a hole from China, but wound up in Russia. As Bugs Bunny work say "i knew I should have taken the left turn at Albuquerque!'

It's obviously Predator. They lost the pyramid GPS numbers and really want to hunt some xenomorphs.

• Like 1

Guys, you know they have figured out that it was most likely a pingo, right? And that they will probably find a few more now that there are people actually looking for them?

The question isn't what made them as much as whether or not we should be worried about climate change.

• Like 3

Well, looks like the Old Ones are awakening. No doubt their shoggoths are causing the holes...I'd better go practice my eldrytch rituals

It's the US Military Industrial Complex laser beam satellite firing beams onto earth at certain locations to create these large sinkholes and possibly in an effort to de-stabilise the earth's geological plates causing earthquakes and other calamities. When in our history or the history of the planet have these sinkholes appeared before? Never, that I've heard about or read about. Were they happening 2,000 or even 100 years ago? No

Whew, that was a doosey to read through, sounds like a new CT to me haven't seen it in the CT section yet...

Though as aquatus has already stated, the formations are most likely pingos which is a perfectly logical scientific explanation. If you wanna stick to your laser beam theory though, by all means. :gun: