Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The military arm of Christianity...

Jor-el

Nope... the government does its part in that rubbish, I'm talking about the abduction of over 200 Christian schoolgirls who were taken months ago and not one single thing has been done to get them back, They have been raped, they were forcibly converted to islam and they are in the process of being sold as slaves....

how do you know?

Jorel,

Jesus said in Matthew 5:38-39 Ye have heard that it hath been said, AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

All very true, but if a man cannot fight for justice, then he is nothing at all and the world will regress instead of progressing away from people who glory in killing and think it is the way to please Allah or God or whatever the name of the deity involved.

Jor-El, we were discussing right-wing christian loonies in the states, not swivel-eyed african loonies!!

No I'm discussing what I originally posted.... I don't care about right-wing christian loonies in the states...

• Like 1

Which kind of goes right into the point I was wanting to make.

If the U.S runs it then we might as well just use the Navy Seals instead of making a religion specific group.

Which leads to the question why arent we doing anything? And that is because the world is super selective on what tragedies it cares about.

Well, it cannot be excluded that some of these more extreme religious nuts could create something similar to ISIS or the Taliban. The problem is that, to the contrary of Islam with two main "branches", Christianism has about 50.... and they rather cut each others throat then convert heathens by the sword.

• Like 1

how do you know?

Because they are still in those mens hands... and I am quoting exactly what they have and are in the process of doing to those girls.

it'd make a great comic Jor-El....!

Real life is stranger than fiction, even of the graphic kind.

• Like 1

I don't care about right-wing christian loonies in the states...

why not?!

they're the people you should be recruiting for your death squads!!

• Like 1

Real life is stranger than fiction, even of the graphic kind.

i doubt you'll get much of an argument on that score Jor-El....

• Like 1

why not?!

they're the people you should be recruiting for your death squads!!

Because I'm not interested in an organization like the Taliban.... I have no interest in imposing my views on others by violent means, that would simply lower me to their level. I'm interested in retribution for the horror these people are inflicting in the name of religion. Do and it shall be done unto you.

Because I'm not interested in an organization like the Taliban.... I have no interest in imposing my views on others by violent means, that would simply lower me to their level. I'm interested in retribution for the horror these people are inflicting in the name of religion. Do and it shall be done unto you.

But that's what you are talking about; a "Christian" retribution squad. You'd need fundamentalists for that, or "Warriors for Christ" like the Jesuits. Such people generally do tend to think that an important part of their work is forcing people to share the same views as they do.

• Like 2

But that's what you are talking about; a "Christian" retribution squad. You'd need fundamentalists for that, or "Warriors for Christ" like the Jesuits. Such people generally do tend to think that an important part of their work is forcing people to share the same views as they do.

Which is the reason why I would reject them. This reaction squad would not be in the business of imposing anything on people. Their job would be to clean the world of people who would do such things to others.

Edited by Jor-el

Which is the reason why I would reject them. This reaction squad would not be in the business of imposing anything on people. Their job would be to clean the world of people who would do such things to others.

And that is not retribution?

And that is not retribution?

It is, but it is not imposition, what they sow, so shall they reap.

It is, but it is not imposition, what they sow, so shall they reap.

Ok, lets go down the avenue a little more, do you really think that, if created, they would just say one day "work done, horrible Islamic, Jewish, Hindu and Buddhist extremists eliminated, now we are going to dissolve ourselves"?

The inquisition still exists... even if they have not burned anybody for quite a while.

• Like 3

Ok, lets go down the avenue a little more, do you really think that, if created, they would just say one day "work done, horrible Islamic, Jewish, Hindu and Buddhist extremists eliminated, now we are going to dissolve ourselves"?

The inquisition still exists... even if they have not burned anybody for quite a while.

By definition what is the "inquisition" and why would such an organization within the church exist?

For control and imposition of dogma.. is that not correct? Is that per chance what I have been talking about?

I fear that such an organization as I have proposed would never be without "work", but there hopefully would come a time when their existence would no longer be needed.

Edited by Jor-el

So you want want terrorism to fight terrorism?

You fight fire with fire... maybe they need to be very badly burnt before they stop playing with fire.... you don't coddle them and you don't stick your head in the sand hoping that they will go away.

The ultimate cure for a pyromaniac is sticking him in the building he is burning down.

By definition what is the "inquisition" and why would such an organization within the church exist?

For control and imposition of dogma.. is that not correct? Is that per chance what I have been talking about?

I fear that such an organization as I have proposed would never be without "work", but there hopefully would come a time when their existence would no longer be needed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congregation_for_the_Doctrine_of_the_Faith

And how does the link aid the discussion? As I said "retribution" and not "imposition" is what is being discussed.

And what I said about Muslim extremists would apply to these guys too if they started it up again.

The title of this thread alarmed me. Military arm of Christianity? Granted, it is horrible the world over for anyone to be harmed, enslaved, and even killed in the name of religion. I just wish it wouldn't happen. Frankly, such organizations should be punished, as by law, and the victims healed and helped. This sounds like an ok for more violence, and in the name of religion. I find it strange, where in the heart of most religions where there is caring, concern, and love, that is not happening.

And how does the link aid the discussion? As I said "retribution" and not "imposition" is what is being discussed.

It relates because once created it was never dissolved and for 4 centuries developed a life of its own... just like the Taliban (who started as fundamentalist religious scholars) or the Wahabites that started as Islamic puritans, The Triple A, that started as retributive Christians against the Communists or the Guerrileros, who started retribution against all who "endangered" a Catholic Spain.

The simple thought of religion and violence is repugnant.

• Like 3

Well, I'm torn between, '"Vengeance is mine, I will repay," says the Lord,' (Romans 12:19) and Monty Python's "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch." Hmmmm. . .

Seriously, and in my personal opinion, this is a not a sound idea from a Christian point of view. It would surely contribute to the same kind of tit-for-tat such as we see today in Gaza and elsewhere (if the OP is serious).

Edited by DeWitz
  • Like 3

Just what is needed more control freaks with guns and bombs. :gun: You only going to help christians. What if there is some gay men waiting for death in the next cell, a women charged with witchcraft, a Buddhist monk or an atheist. You just leave them behind to die because they are unworthy of saving, because they are of not your faith. People die from injustice everyday for an endless number of reasons. They are all worthy of rescue, we are all human beings. You want my opinion, it is a stupid idea. It is just the same old rehashed vigilante death and destruction. Let the Gods fight their own wars some place else for a change, like Valhalla. Drop food not bombs.

• Like 2

The title of this thread alarmed me. Military arm of Christianity? Granted, it is horrible the world over for anyone to be harmed, enslaved, and even killed in the name of religion. I just wish it wouldn't happen. Frankly, such organizations should be punished, as by law, and the victims healed and helped. This sounds like an ok for more violence, and in the name of religion. I find it strange, where in the heart of most religions where there is caring, concern, and love, that is not happening.

Violence begets violence... agreed, but where do we draw the line? Where would we be if people don't stand up for justice? I am taking this stance because seriously I don't see the governments doing anything but profiting from letting it go on, it is wonderful for weapons sales.

Meanwhile we have to let these extremists impose their ideas on us and kill us in the name of God.