Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coping with Extraterrestrial Existence

Missile Punch

I think the only ones that would have a problem with it are the hardcore religious types. Look at Ken Ham's recent freak out over us simply looking for extraterrestrial life.

Is humanity ready? Man Ive been watching sci fi my whole life, I grew up on the original Star Trek, Dr Who, Close Encounters etc etc, as have zillions of others, its like we have accepted it long ago. But I dont really vote for 'the govts wont disclose it'. I think thats a bit silly, it wont be up to them will it, if aliens just come floating down? What the hell can any govt do if we were visited?

besides, The Vatican said some time ago that people should accept the possibility of life elsewhere, not that what they say influences me at all. And no-one panicked. Years previously, Bill Clinton announced to THE WORLD... that they thought they had found alien life, or rather, alien fossils, in a meteorite. That was broadcast around the world!!

NASA spend billions looking for life, searching out habitable planets, we have missions within our own solar system actively searching for life, thats all televised too, where is the 'are we ready' in that?

I suppose the difference would be in the impact. It's either, "My fellow humans, we've found fossil remains of a species of crab on mars." (And don't get me wrong that would be exciting) or "People across the globe, we are here today to inform you of the existence of a race of intelligent Extraterrestrial beings."

No way are we ready as a species. We kill each other over skin color, sexual orientation, religion, drugs, money etc.. Some people would view these beings as "Gods" and just change life as we know it...

I agree with you there, i believe in extraterrestrial life and believe life and that the government already knows about them! I also think that at some point that extraterrestrias will make themselves known to us all in one way or another! So, ready or not we will have to except it! Thats my opinion.

More to the point. is humanity ready for the disappointment if & when no extra terrestrial life is found?

Although I personally believe that somewhere there does exist other life in the universe, I am uncertain that we will ever know about it. The vastness of space is an effective barrier.

I think the only ones that would have a problem with it are the hardcore religious types. Look at Ken Ham's recent freak out over us simply looking for extraterrestrial life.

I could see that. Although I do have respect for the Vatican when it comes to remaining open minded. Considering that they've spoken about the possibility of ET existence.

Often times UFO/Extraterrestrial enthusiasts claim that the world governments know of the existence of intelligent life beyond our planet. However they choose to suppress this knowledge based upon the idea that humanity as a whole is not yet prepared for full disclosure. My question to you is, do you think that humanity is ready? Why or why not? Enjoy!

The knowledge is not being suppressed because they feel the human race are not ready, they are not disclosing anything because they have NOTHING to disclose.

Anyway, hypothetically, many will not so much be ready, (we have no idea what to be ready for) but more like be able to handle the situation (as long as we are not eliminated by the aliens first ). But our problem will not be the Kim Kardashian fans, it would be the soldiers and governments trying to stop us trying to make contact with the aliens.

• Like 5

The knowledge is not being suppressed because they feel the human race are not ready, they are not disclosing anything because they have NOTHING to disclose.

Anyway, hypothetically, many will not so much be ready, (we have no idea what to be ready for) but more like be able to handle the situation (as long as we are not eliminated by the aliens first ). But our problem will not be the Kim Kardashian fans, it would be the soldiers and governments trying to stop us trying to make contact with the aliens.

When I think of ET contact for some reason the scene from Independence Day always pops in my head, y'know the one where the people are all on the roof top with different ridiculous signs? I could see there being a ton of those types of people if there ever were ET contact, I could also see a lot of religious fanatics making absurd claims of gods, people like me who would just love confirmation and then those that would want to destroy the potential threat. I would honestly love to see such an event in my lifetime as it would be a game changer. :alien:

• Like 1

Often times UFO/Extraterrestrial enthusiasts claim that the world governments know of the existence of intelligent life beyond our planet. However they choose to suppress this knowledge based upon the idea that humanity as a whole is not yet prepared for full disclosure. My question to you is, do you think that humanity is ready? Why or why not? Enjoy!

Yes, I am ready, provided they are friendly.

Yes, I am ready, provided they are friendly.

Well we can only hope!

My question to you is, do you think that humanity is ready? Why or why not? Enjoy!

Who cares... Ignorance is a bliss... the statement paved in gold.. Someone will show up eventually, and what then will people panic or wait to see what will happen next? Or will they go about their everyday life? Are you ready for such an historical event/encounter?

Most people wouldn't care much, you know someone has to pay the bills and put food on the table ( we are all together money slaves ), but if this thing that would appear on the sky, showed signs of hostility, well.... i think most of the world would care to some degree

( those folks in amazon would think their god has came or something,...sacrifice that goat over there! ... ).

We are all ready, but the thing is how long would it take to comprehense the magnitude of such revelation/encounter... ?

IMO humanity is quite capable at coping with the existence of extraterrestrials. What we may not be capable of handling at this point in time is face to face contact, my reasoning for this point of view it that humans tend to fear what we don't understand and tend to want to hit things we fear with a big stick.