Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Incredible Photos of Secret Abandoned Palaces

libstaK

Some of these images are truly beautiful. With all the riches in the world, how could these places remain so neglected? Some of the frescos and artwork alone has to be priceless. Heck, if I had the funds I would move in to one in a heartbeat.

Squatters need not apply though, too beautiful to be trashed any more than they already are.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/27/travel/poland-secret-ruins-photos/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

• Like 7

Cool pictures! But I do hate that beautiful places like this are just being left to rot. It's such a shame :hmm:

Edited by TheLochNessMonster
  • Like 2

Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing that link.

• Like 1

Let's fix up number 11 and move in :yes:

• Like 2

It takes a very real talent to turn those disgusting mold-infested ruins into something to marvel at.

• Like 1

These structures must have been beautiful back in the day and it is sad to see what they are now.

• Like 1

It would make a nice location to create a pretty setting for a haunted house film.

• Like 1

I didn't care for the photos. I don't like when pics are taken using effects like she used. Whether "fisheye" or other. I like to see the real thing.

• Like 1

I didn't care for the photos. I don't like when pics are taken using effects like she used. Whether "fisheye" or other. I like to see the real thing.

I agree with you Myles. Too easy to make the "perfect shot" using photoshop, try with your camera only.

Anyway, maybe this is another thing, since she's trying to make art from an already existing piece of art.

I admit that some pictures are nice (like the blue spiral staircase), but the effects are generally reduntant. The subjects are already beautiful.

Some of these images are truly beautiful. With all the riches in the world, how could these places remain so neglected? Some of the frescos and artwork alone has to be priceless. Heck, if I had the funds I would move in to one in a heartbeat.

Squatters need not apply though, too beautiful to be trashed any more than they already are.

http://edition.cnn.c...article_sidebar

Problem is, here in Europe it's filled with places like those. You can't imagine how many abandoned churches and buildings you can step into traveling here around.

If you'd go to Poland you could probably find a dozen of places like those (as far as I can see, I'd say the buildings are both from XVII-XVIII century).

I'm not saying they aren't worth restoration, the frescoes pictured here are really nice, but there's so many of them that unfortunately they lose their value for who lives near them.

And let's add that there's no respect for history and for the past in general (especially in eastern countries touched by communism).

• Like 1