Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing, Erin Corwin

Regi

I read the link. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I don't think it's cut and dried :D . Is it possible that Lee's wife is setting him up to be charged by saying what she has to their landlord(?)/owner of the stables? So much points towards him, as you both say, but perhaps it's circumstantial evidence and she's making sure it sticks.

Maybe the wife killed her out of jealousy. Maybe she convinced her husband to kill her. I'm fairly sure this poor woman was murdered. Maybe Lee knew she was pregnant with his child and that's why he killed her.

• Like 1

Maybe the wife killed her out of jealousy. Maybe she convinced her husband to kill her. I'm fairly sure this poor woman was murdered. Maybe Lee knew she was pregnant with his child and that's why he killed her.

Agree, but I do not think the wife did it. The wife seems to wear the trousers in that relationship It is possible he killed her out of sheer panic if she told him she was pregnant. Possible he told his wife and her solution was not a divorce, but to get rid of her and his only way to do that for ever ( no future child) was to kill her.

Nichole Lee, told a friend police 'would never find the body' and that she scolded her husband for 'not being able to keep his lies straight when he was interviewed by detectives because he was dumb'.

http://www.dailymail...leased-him.html

These are not the words of a wife defending her husband. Which considering her husband denied the affair and the wife said she did not know about it (at some stage she found out) they are both liars, she the stronger one out of the two.

Edited by freetoroam

Agree, but I do not think the wife did it. The wife seems to wear the trousers in that relationship It is possible he killed her out of sheer panic if she told him she was pregnant. Possible he told his wife and her solution was not a divorce, but to get rid of her and his only way to do that for ever ( no future child) was to kill her.

Nichole Lee, told a friend police 'would never find the body' and that she scolded her husband for 'not being able to keep his lies straight when he was interviewed by detectives because he was dumb'.

http://www.dailymail...leased-him.html

These are not the words of a wife defending her husband. Which considering her husband denied the affair and the wife said she did not know about it (at some stage she found out) they are both liars, she the stronger one out of the two.

The friend the police quote in the search warrant disputes she ever said those things. I am not sure who is telling the truth. I think this lee fellow is the best suspect. I would hope she was just hiding, but after all this time, I think that unlikely.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2014/07/27/erin-corwin-friend-police-put-a-spin-on-her-remarks/13247591/

• Like 1

The friend the police quote in the search warrant disputes she ever said those things. I am not sure who is telling the truth. I think this lee fellow is the best suspect. I would hope she was just hiding, but after all this time, I think that unlikely.

http://www.wbir.com/...marks/13247591/

She says they were taken out of context...??

Megli is one of numerous people who have been questioned as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Erin Corwin,

So out of numerous people who had been questioned, hers were taken out of context? I think she feels she may have said too much and is trying to make excuses.

You're right.. It sure does look like they have a viable suspect...

Definitely!

Now, when I first heard of this case- when it made national news and she'd been missing for about 4 days- I put the husband on the front burner...just a first impression, primarily because he didn't report his wife missing until the next day, but then sometime later, all this other info. was revealed.

Here's a link to the search warrant.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

She says they were taken out of context...??

Megli is one of numerous people who have been questioned as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Erin Corwin,

So out of numerous people who had been questioned, hers were taken out of context? I think she feels she may have said too much and is trying to make excuses.

It's always possible the police stretched the truth when they wrote their affidavit for the search warrants. i doubt they would make it all up. The woman did say something.. But I am with you, I think she said all of those things and now wishes she didn't. But quite frankly, I really wouldn't blame the police. They wanted a look into that house and that car. And without those comments, a judge might not allow it. I do think even if the police took her answers "out of context" they had every right to think the Lee's could be guilty of something. If she has just said, I don't know anything there would have been nothing attributed to her in the warrants.

• Like 1

Definitely!

Now, when I first heard of this case- when it made national news and she'd been missing for about 4 days- I put the husband on the front burner...just a first impression, primarily because he didn't report his wife missing until the next day, but then sometime later, all this other info. was revealed.

Here's a link to the search warrant.

http://www.documentc...8-1765-001.html

I first heard of it when i started researching the McStay case for this forum after the CNN report. It's another sad case.

Edited by mbrn30000

I do think even if the police took her answers "out of context" they had every right to think the Lee's could be guilty of something.

Oh, you surely mean they had every reason! The probable cause section from the search warrant shows that Corwin's TN friend offers the who, what, when, where, why and how... and... completely contradicts Lee's statements!

Cases like this one infuriate/frustrate me to the max.. Evidently, the DA doesn't think the evidence is strong enough until they find a body. So, here we go; the perp benefits (at least) until a body is found. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad they found the body but sorry to hear she is dead. At least with the body they can make an arrest.

RIP

Edited by Jilliman

So much for Lee's wife's comment that 'they'll never find her'!

• Like 1

So much for Lee's wife's comment that 'they'll never find her'!

Indeed! Her comment made me sick- it was absolutely disgusting and infuriating!- and when I'd read the news that they'd found the body, I thought back to it and thought the very same thing you did!

• Like 1

This is the Timewarrior speaking. It always amazes me how some people's solution to their problems is murder. With all the ways criminals get caught these days. . .and the personal connections he had with her. . .did they really think they could get away with it? The only way to get away with a murder these days is to kill someone you have absolutely no connection to and be in a place where there are no cell towers. . .no video cameras. . .and no other witnesses. You essentially have to have an hour of no contact with people, find your victim and then another hour with no contact. . .

Are they really that conceded that they think they are far smarter than an entire police force? That the links between him and her were so secret that no one would find them? The human race is a deluded and moronic animal. . .but even this takes the case.

• Like 2

This is the Timewarrior speaking. It always amazes me how some people's solution to their problems is murder. With all the ways criminals get caught these days. . .and the personal connections he had with her. . .did they really think they could get away with it? .

Are they really that conceded that they think they are far smarter than an entire police force? That the links between him and her were so secret that no one would find them? The human race is a deluded and moronic animal. . .but even this takes the case.

I think it's these types of cases, those of premeditated murder where seemingly ordinary people are found to have committed heinous- and often truly inexplicable- acts, that intrigue me the most.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about this too and I get a strong feeling of people's pride ...... ego ...... being so offended/disrespected that it just can't contain itself! All they experience is the overwhelming desire to 'put one over' the 'offender' ...... to restore their sense of pride.

There is no thought of being found out and certainly no thought of consequences. I'm not saying this didn't happen in the past, but I think it's definitely become a lot worse in recent years.

Human beings are seen as expendable ...... the important thing is that you 'get your own back' or hide the evidence(even if the evidence is a human being), but what you definitely don't do is face up to your actions and take responsibility for them!

There is no thought of being found out and certainly no thought of consequences. I'm not saying this didn't happen in the past, but I think it's definitely become a lot worse in recent years.

Yes, it's always happened. Now, as far as worse now, I don't know if it is or if it is why that's so- and I'm sure it's complicated, but I'm reminded of a scripture.

I looked it up and there are many translations, but my favorite is "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

• Like 2