Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Crop Circle Appears In Wheat Field

Still Waters

A mysterious giant crop circle has appeared overnight in a field belonging to a German farmer.

It has attracted thousands of visitors from far and wide who have flocked to the scene to sing, dance and meditate within the ornate design.

http://news.sky.com/...-in-wheat-field

• Like 1

The article is full of the typical excuses made for crop circles:

1. The design is too intricate for lowly college students to make

2. It couldn't possibly be made overnight by people

There are plenty of excuses why it couldn't be college students.

Farmer Christoph Huttner, who owns the field, told the dpa news agency it was not his creation, but may have been the work of students on summer holiday.

http://news.sky.com/story/1310295/mysterious-crop-circle-appears-in-wheat-field

Its a "may" at the moment, while the publicity is still in full swing.

Farmer Christoph Huttner, who owns the field, told the dpa news agency it was not his creation, but may have been the work of students on summer holiday.

Its a "may" at the moment, while the publicity is still in full swing.

So your not just a little impressed by the intricate details and the artistry that has been applied to some of these crop circles freetoroam?
  • Like 1

Doug Bower and Dave Chorley must be on holiday over there with their plank and rope.

• Like 1

Has anyone decoded the messages in crop circle patterns yet?

It seems that many have been decoded Rose.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

So your not just a little impressed by the intricate details and the artistry that has been applied to some of these crop circles freetoroam?

I am always impressed with the intricate details made by man (I stress man....not aliens), just like I am impressed by a lot of graffiti work.

These crop circles are IMO field graffiti ( but in a good way).

There are no codes here, just messages = art can be very beautiful.

• Like 5

I am always impressed with the intricate details made by man (I stress man....not aliens), just like I am impressed by a lot of graffiti work.

These crop circles are IMO field graffiti ( but in a good way).

There are no codes here, just messages = art can be very beautiful.

I find it interesting that nobody has ever been charged with criminal damage. Since so many openly confess to causing the damage I doubt lack of evidence would be the issue.

• Like 2

I find it interesting that nobody has ever been charged with criminal damage. Since so many openly confess to causing the damage I doubt lack of evidence would be the issue.

They have - Matthew Williams - though I suspect much of the cause for prosecution was linked to his other activities

Its down to the field owners to press for criminal damage and so far these crop circles have brought in much attraction, let alone a few pennies no doubt.

Wonder how much the media are paying these owners to take pictures and reports?

Its down to the field owners to press for criminal damage and so far these crop circles have brought in much attraction, let alone a few pennies no doubt.

Wonder how much the media are paying these owners to take pictures and reports?

Well I was more thinking along the lines of the the organized groups rather than individual cases. Police arrest and prosecute people for carrying paint and spray cans if they are known for graffiti.

• Like 1

Well I was more thinking along the lines of the the organized groups rather than individual cases. Police arrest and prosecute people for carrying paint and spray cans if they are known for graffiti.

Do we know who the organized groups are? I know some of the field owners probably do.

The police can only arrest them if someone asks them to or if they are there when the "damage" is being done, we have difficulties finding a policeman on the street when a crime is committed, can not see them being in the right field at the right time.....not that would be pretty impressive.

there's the proof its aliens. Nobody in their right mind would still insist that it was "pranksters" out to ruin perfectly good crops and attempt to get gullible FOOLS to think it was UFOs and/or ETs.

• Like 1

its the people that flock to these things and sit there as if its some magnificent shrine we really should be weary of... headcases!

The Germans want to tell the Russians they're better at this.

Would make a good album cover for the new Pink Floyd record this fall

Yes, if you consider over 2,000 deciphered crop circles as sufficient evidence. For the free ebook download go to http://www.kennethmheck.com/aboutthebook.html

For this current circle the interpretation would be (from the Crop Circle Connector web site):

This crop circle, like many others, indicates three comet impacts this century. The inner circle for each impact denotes the area of damage or destruction of the comet itself. They will all be in water, as shown by the offsetting black and white elements in the diagram, used by the aliens to indicate the diffraction of light by water. The extensive little squares or lozenges have been used in past circles to indicate potential areas of impact by the comets' material. Their stylistic nature precludes any possibility of specific predictions. Three past crop circles are displayed below with the same pattern. From left to right, they were found in England, June 19, 2000, England, June 17, 2001, and Poland, July 1, 2007.

T942.jpgT1080.jpgPOL.png

Interestingly, the dish next to the crop circle displays a series of circles increasing in size as part of the logo. This happens to be a standard motif for many crop circles, especially the early ones. It suggests a comet seemingly increasing in size as it approaches the Earth.

This crop circle has interesting features. The illusion of a large central circle is accomplished by inverting the relevant parts of the ring arcs and circles, light to dark and dark to light. The sections of small rhomboids create the impression of either a convex dome or a concave bowl. Either is an equally valid interpretation.

Yes, if you consider over 2,000 deciphered crop circles as sufficient evidence. For the free ebook download go to http://www.kennethmh...outthebook.html

For this current circle the interpretation would be (from the Crop Circle Connector web site):

This crop circle, like many others, indicates three comet impacts this century. The inner circle for each impact denotes the area of damage or destruction of the comet itself. They will all be in water, as shown by the offsetting black and white elements in the diagram, used by the aliens to indicate the diffraction of light by water. The extensive little squares or lozenges have been used in past circles to indicate potential areas of impact by the comets' material. Their stylistic nature precludes any possibility of specific predictions. Three past crop circles are displayed below with the same pattern. From left to right, they were found in England, June 19, 2000, England, June 17, 2001, and Poland, July 1, 2007.

T942.jpgT1080.jpgPOL.png

Interestingly, the dish next to the crop circle displays a series of circles increasing in size as part of the logo. This happens to be a standard motif for many crop circles, especially the early ones. It suggests a comet seemingly increasing in size as it approaches the Earth.

So they are predictions? .........after the knowledge of the comets! And anything getting closer, would get bigger.

If these crop circles are intended to gain our attention as something other than pranks, they would be etched in stone.

• Like 3

Ah, another case crying wolf or in this case aliens.nope, not believing this was E.T. since it's clearly easy to re-create this with the board and rope technique :geek:

• Like 1

Seriously i dont knwo why people are so center minded and that they cant see any other possibilities. First of all why would kids stay up all night to do this no trail in or out and im sure they would never be able to do this overnight and so exact and precise. Common ppl the aliens have been doing this for years and back in the day centiruies ago wich defenetly didnt have tools to do this yet they have been appearing all over the world.

• Like 1

No, but there are some interesting theories that don´t involve aliens nor college students

Ancient Greeks once remarked that "geometry is frozen music". To their Egyptian teachers, sacred geometry and music were inextricably linked since the laws of the former govern the mathematical intervals that make up the notes in the western music scale- the diatonic ratios. Coincidentally, Hawkins' Euclidean theorems had also produced diatonic ratios. So for the first time, geometric theorems were linked with music and crop circles were proved to contain musical notes, which are themselves the by-product of the harmonic laws of sound frequency.

http://www.cropcircl...zi/sounds1.html

Edited by jugoso
  • Like 1