Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

here come the “global pandemic” promoters

OverSword

Here is a good read that indicates the direction the newest pandemic panic, brought to you by the MSM, could take, and talks a little reality about the true dangers of getting sick in the first world.

From the article:

Now in the UK, the government has absurdly decided it wants to hunt for 30,000 people who might have “come in contact” with air traveler Patrick Sawyer, who is said to have died from Ebola.

At first, the search was going to be aimed at only several hundred, but now they’ve multiplied the hysteria factor.

Here is one predictable outcome: at clinics and hospitals, frightened people who arrive with what are labeled “early signs” of Ebola will be labeled as probable cases. What are those symptoms? Fever, chill, sore throat, cough, headache, joint pain. Sound familiar? Normally, this would just be called the flu.

What’s (intentionally) missing in all this an understanding of the immune system. Generally speaking, a germ doesn’t stand a chance of causing serious illness when the immune system is strong.

Of course, you won’t hear about that. Instead, news accounts will feature shock and awe: “perfectly healthy people” who suddenly succumbed to the “killer germ.”

The fact is, unless a serious, honest, and highly competent practitioner does a complete workup on a patient, he has no idea whether that person is healthy and has a strong immune system.

While researching my first book in 1987, AIDS Inc.: Scandal of the Century, I read published summaries of “the first AIDS cases,” all of whom had been patients at UCLA Hospital. To a man, these patients were labeled “formerly otherwise healthy.” That was sheer propaganda. Nothing could have been further from the truth. The lists of their prior medical drugs put the lie to that in short order.

In areas of the world where severe malnutrition, starvation, lack of basic sanitation, contaminated water, overcrowding, heavy pollution are present, people fall ill and die routinely.

These conditions destroy the immune system—and then any germ that sweeps through the area causes illness and death, because body’s defenses are shot. That’s the real problem.

Here’s another point you won’t see discussed on the mainstream news: the reliability of tests used to diagnose Ebola.

Two of those tests—antibody and PCR—are notoriously unreliable.

Antibody tests will register positive for disease because they ping on factors that have nothing to do with the disease being looked for. And even when cross-reaction ping doesn’t occur, a positive test merely shows that the patient came in contact with the germ in question. It says nothing about whether he’s ill or is going to become ill.

Read it here

Oversword:

Sorry, but I find this post disturbing, and a bit irresponsible.

When dealing with diseases such as Ebola, which can have such a wide spread and deadly impact on communities, I would have thought it imperative that the authorities search for any possible contacts with an effected person, in order to eliminate possibilities of the disease spreading.

To downplay the risks associated with Ebola and similar pandemics is, imho, irresponsible in the extreme.

• Like 3

There are two sides to every coin IMO. Sure if ebola flares up in Australia or the USA or England, people would be begging to be protected from it. The protection would likely be indistinguishable from martial law. Handy that they are now flying ebola patients purposefully to countries that have no ebola in them don't you think? Countries like the USA where the mechanisms to clamp down on the populace on many levels are in place and ready to go.

• Like 1

There are two sides to every coin IMO. Sure if ebola flares up in Australia or the USA or England, people would be begging to be protected from it. The protection would likely be indistinguishable from martial law. Handy that they are now flying ebola patients purposefully to countries that have no ebola in them don't you think? Countries like the USA where the mechanisms to clamp down on the populace on many levels are in place and ready to go.

I don't agree with your reference to martial law, but if that's what it takes to isolate and contain the problem, then so be it.

And I don't think it's a matter of clamping down on the population per se, but limiting movements and contact where considered necessary for the greater good of the population.

Yes, two patients are being flown outy of Africa, in specially reconfigured aircraft, with the hope that they can be saved. I don't see your point here.

While I am only a few hundred miles from where the 2 Ebola patients will be treated here in the US, I am certainly not panicked about their presence. The CDC is one of the best organizations in the world for such treatments. I think I understand what you are saying but when it comes to contagion, a little paranoia can be a very good thing. When influenza struck the world in 1918 there were days when as many as 5000 people per day were dying in places like New York and Philadelphia. Quarantine was all they could do. Ebola is a scourge and must be treated with utmost respect.
  • Like 2

Oversword:

Sorry, but I find this post disturbing, and a bit irresponsible.

I agree. In addition, the latest victims are physicians, who've got better health care and better immune systems than the locals do.

When dealing with diseases such as Ebola, which can have such a wide spread and deadly impact on communities, I would have thought it imperative that the authorities search for any possible contacts with an effected person, in order to eliminate possibilities of the disease spreading.

Indeed. And, given the outbreaks of other diseases that can happen after a very long plane flight or a cruise (Marburg comes to mind immediately), and given that the disease emerges a week or more after contact, I think they're trying to be sensible.

If they wanted to impose "martial law", the best way would be to keep mum about the disease and then wait till it strikes and the public starts demanding that the infected ones be kept isolated. The public would rush to make sure everyone was quarantined.

• Like 1

Here is a good read that indicates the direction the newest pandemic panic, brought to you by the MSM, could take, and talks a little reality about the true dangers of getting sick in the first world.

From the article:

Now in the UK, the government has absurdly decided it wants to hunt for 30,000 people who might have “come in contact” with air traveler Patrick Sawyer, who is said to have died from Ebola.

At first, the search was going to be aimed at only several hundred, but now they’ve multiplied the hysteria factor.

Here is one predictable outcome: at clinics and hospitals, frightened people who arrive with what are labeled “early signs” of Ebola will be labeled as probable cases. What are those symptoms? Fever, chill, sore throat, cough, headache, joint pain. Sound familiar? Normally, this would just be called the flu.

What’s (intentionally) missing in all this an understanding of the immune system. Generally speaking, a germ doesn’t stand a chance of causing serious illness when the immune system is strong.

Of course, you won’t hear about that. Instead, news accounts will feature shock and awe: “perfectly healthy people” who suddenly succumbed to the “killer germ.”

The fact is, unless a serious, honest, and highly competent practitioner does a complete workup on a patient, he has no idea whether that person is healthy and has a strong immune system.

While researching my first book in 1987, AIDS Inc.: Scandal of the Century, I read published summaries of “the first AIDS cases,” all of whom had been patients at UCLA Hospital. To a man, these patients were labeled “formerly otherwise healthy.” That was sheer propaganda. Nothing could have been further from the truth. The lists of their prior medical drugs put the lie to that in short order.

In areas of the world where severe malnutrition, starvation, lack of basic sanitation, contaminated water, overcrowding, heavy pollution are present, people fall ill and die routinely.

These conditions destroy the immune system—and then any germ that sweeps through the area causes illness and death, because body’s defenses are shot. That’s the real problem.

Here’s another point you won’t see discussed on the mainstream news: the reliability of tests used to diagnose Ebola.

Two of those tests—antibody and PCR—are notoriously unreliable.

Antibody tests will register positive for disease because they ping on factors that have nothing to do with the disease being looked for. And even when cross-reaction ping doesn’t occur, a positive test merely shows that the patient came in contact with the germ in question. It says nothing about whether he’s ill or is going to become ill.

Read it here

And that is a load of superstitious crap. That moron obviously did not do much research at all for his book since the first documented case of AIDS dates to a British sailor who died in 1959, and suspected cases date all the way back to 1912.
  • Like 2

Do you really think that the solution to the Ebola problem is just eating well, getting plenty of sleep, and taking your Flintstones every day?

Kind of reminds me of the anti-vaxx idiots who claim that "proper hygiene" was well on the way to irradiating those diseases.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

So people with strong immune systems can battle any germ? Oh please, give me a break. Also, Africans are likely to have a BETTER immune system than western society as they have had more environmental exposure that would "exercise" their immune system than their germ paranoid western counterparts.

There is nothing remotely related to fact in that piece, least of which is "panic leading to martial law". Why would there be panic? There are already deadly viruses in the west that nobody panics about because the risk of exposure is so limited.

• Like 1

Do you really think that the solution to the Ebola problem is just eating well, getting plenty of sleep, and taking your Flintstones every day?

Kind of reminds me of the anti-vaxx idiots who claim that "proper hygiene" was well on the way to irradiating those diseases.

Why of course it is the solution. Vaccines are evil (despite the fact I get them). GMO is evil (despite the fact I eat them), the NWO is real (despite the fact I have a vote but decline to use it), and so on.

I struggle to see how knuckle draggers function in the real world.

And that is a load of superstitious crap. That moron obviously did not do much research at all for his book since the first documented case of AIDS dates to a British sailor who died in 1959, and suspected cases date all the way back to 1912.

First I've heard that. Can you provide links that can prove that a british sailor was the first fatality. Suspected cases? Good thing this is in the conspiracy section. If he was mistaken about when the first documented case of Aids occurred doest that make everything else in the article wrong or a lie?

So people with strong immune systems can battle any germ? Oh please, give me a break. Also, Africans are likely to have a BETTER immune system than western society as they have had more environmental exposure that would "exercise" their immune system than their germ paranoid western counterparts.

There is nothing remotely related to fact in that piece, least of which is "panic leading to martial law". Why would there be panic? There are already deadly viruses in the west that nobody panics about because the risk of exposure is so limited.

Why would there be panic? There was nearly panic and there was outright hysteria by the media in 2009 over the deadly global pandemic of the swine flu. Oh how soon we forget. Weren't the proposing mandatory inoculations in Boston to be administered by force to those who resisted?
  • Like 1

Why of course it is the solution. Vaccines are evil (despite the fact I get them). GMO is evil (despite the fact I eat them), the NWO is real (despite the fact I have a vote but decline to use it), and so on.

I struggle to see how knuckle draggers function in the real world.

You would have marched peacefully to the train to take you to Auschwitz, probably without asking for a vote. It's easy to see how people that are just along for the ride survive, they moo like cows and follow the heard, sometimes to the slaughterhouse.

You would have marched peacefully to the train to take you to Auschwitz, probably without asking for a vote. It's easy to see how people that are just along for the ride survive, they moo like cows and follow the heard, sometimes to the slaughterhouse.

I thought they were sheeple, not cowple.

• Like 1

First I've heard that. Can you provide links that can prove that a british sailor was the first fatality. Suspected cases? Good thing this is in the conspiracy section. If he was mistaken about when the first documented case of Aids occurred doest that make everything else in the article wrong or a lie?

The poster wasn't completely right, but was close.

During the last few years it has become possible not only to determine whether HIV is present in a blood or plasma sample, but also to determine the particular subtype of the virus. Studying the subtype of virus of some of the earliest known instances of HIV infection can help to provide clues about the time it first appeared in humans and its subsequent evolution.

Four of the earliest known instances of HIV infection are as follows:

1. A plasma sample taken in 1959 from an adult male living in what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo. 11
  2. A lymph node sample taken in 1960 from an adult female, also from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. 12
  3. HIV found in tissue samples from an American teenager who died in St. Louis in 1969. 13
  4. HIV found in tissue samples from a Norwegian sailor who died around 1976. 14

A 1998 analysis of the plasma sample from 1959 suggested that HIV-1 was introduced into humans around the 1940s or the early 1950s. 15

In January 2000, the results of a new study 16 suggested that the first case of HIV-1 infection occurred around 1931 in West Africa. This estimate (which had a 15 year margin of error) was based on a complex computer model of HIV's evolution.

However, a study in 2008 17 dated the origin of HIV to between 1884 and 1924, much earlier than previous estimates. The researchers compared the viral sequence from 1959 (the oldest known HIV-1 specimen) to the newly discovered sequence from 1960. They found a significant genetic difference between them, demonstrating diversification of HIV-1 occurred long before the AIDS pandemic was recognised.

The authors suggest a long history of the virus in Africa and call Kinshasa the “epicentre of the HIV/AIDS pandemic” in Central Africa. They propose the early spread of HIV was concurrent with the development of colonial cities, in which crowding of people increased opportunities for HIV transmission. If accurate, these findings imply that HIV existed before many scenarios (such as the OPV and conspiracy theories) suggest.

http://www.avert.org/origin-hiv-aids.htm

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Why would there be panic? There was nearly panic and there was outright hysteria by the media in 2009 over the deadly global pandemic of the swine flu. Oh how soon we forget. Weren't the proposing mandatory inoculations in Boston to be administered by force to those who resisted?

There certainty wasn't a pandemic of H1N1, but I can tell you from first hand experience that it is not a fun virus. I don't think I have ever been that sick.

• Like 1

Pence, G. E. (2008). Preventing the Global Spread of AIDS. In Medical Ethics Accounts of the Cases That Shaped and Define Medical Ethics (p. 330). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.

Zhu T, Korber BT, Nahmias AJ, Hooper E, Sharp PM, Ho DD (February 1998). "An African HIV-1 sequence from 1959 and implications for the origin of the epidemic". Nature 391 (6667)

Everything is not on the intertubes. Get thee to a library.

Oh and yes. If you start with faulty premises for an argument, then the conclusions drawn from those faulty premises inherit those faults.

Edited by Abaddonire
  • Like 2

Really? And how did that proposal finish up? We have AIDS, Legionnaires Desease, Meningoccocal, Lassa Virus, Dengue Fever just to name a few with significant mortality rates and yet there has been no martial law. Lets not forget Anthrax, that has made it's appearance in the western world more than a few times too.

• Like 1

Lets not forget Anthrax, that has made it's appearance in the western world more than a few times too.

Yes it has, most recently it showed up in a bunch of scientists infected in the lab just over a month ago.

Yeah the strange news has already started...(watch as it gets worse...give it time)

Not taking long at all...

https://www.yahoo.com/health/man-admitted-to-new-york-hospital-for-ebola-monitoring-93816147672.html

A man was admitted to a New York City hospital Monday suffering from symptoms similar to those of Ebola and was being tested to see if he was infected, hospital officials said.

"In the early morning hours of Monday, August 4, 2014, a male patient with high fever and gastrointestinal symptoms presented at The Mount Sinai Hospital’s Emergency Department in New York City," a hospital statement said.

Edited by Arkitecht

That's quite hypocritical coming from you, given the fact that you were promoting widespread panic in that thread about the US brining one of their infected doctors back to Atlanta.

What are those symptoms? Fever, chill, sore throat, cough, headache, joint pain. Sound familiar? Normally, this would just be called the flu.

Indeed it would normally be called the flu, because the flu is endemic to the region, and its unlikely to be anything more serious, and the consequences for making the wrong diagnosis is slim. When you have someone who's been in contact with someone with ebola, then its the responsible thing to do to screen them for flu like symptoms because:

1. Those are the initial symptoms for ebola

2. At that stage in the disease, these people are contagious

3. They have been in contact with someone who has the contagious disease

The only thing intentionally missing is your education on the subject. On the one hand you cry out about how the US is stupid for bringing an ebola infected person to the US, under proper quarantine, yet on the other hand you cry out about how the MSM, (run by the US) is intentionally misleading the public, and the only thing you need to survive contact with an Ebola infected person is a "good immune system". Its people like you that are the reason there's an outbreak in Africa.

And before you pull a bull**** "I'm just the messenger, those words are from the article!" line, it's clear you are in support of those words.

• Like 2