Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crowds gather for annual Nexus conference

UM-Bot

Conspiracy theorists, UFO watchers and other enthusiasts have gathered this weekend in Queensland.

For those with an interest in the unexplained, Australia's Nexus magazine has proven a popular purchase ever since its initial publication back in 1986. This weekend's conference, which has been organized by the magazine's owner and editor Duncan Roads, is providing subscribers and enthusiasts the chance to meet up in person and discuss all things paranormal.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...exus-conference

Cool, that's good to know.

I'd love to go and check it out :alien:B)

Maybe Sir Wearer of Hats & ChrLzs could tag along as well :D

Edit: Darn, this w'end?......agh! well... there is always next year ;)

Edited by Astra00
  • Like 1

This sort of thing is why the public at large no longer takes UFOs serious. All it needs is Forest J Ackerman and a table full of back issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland to make it complete.

Edited by John Wesley Boyd

Favorite quote: "With the advent of the internet, many out there take two and two and get 500" ... ya think?

Honestly, I have no problem with the almost carnival atmosphere.

For whatever reason, the people there feel isolated in their everyday lives, but together they're free to express themselves and be unshackled by wider society.

They've found a place for them to be themselves, good on them for that at the very least.

• Like 4

Cool, that's good to know.

I'd love to go and check it out :alien:B)

Maybe Sir Wearer of Hats & ChrLzs could tag along as well :D

I bet when you guys get there you'll find p101 already there in the ring boxing an alien. :clap:

post-103357-0-11973900-1407207529_thumb.

• Like 1

This sort of thing is why the public at large no longer takes UFOs serious. All it needs is Forest J Ackerman and a table full of back issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland to make it complete.

Eh! don't be so cynical....your the one that seems to be Mr Serious :P

you'll find p101 already there in the ring boxing an alien. :clap:

Hahaha....or me :lol:

:unsure2:

• Like 1

Eh! don't be so cynical....your the one that seems to be Mr Serious :P

Not all that serious just old and a bit jaded. I'm surrounded here as I type by thousands of science fiction paperbacks, magazines, dvds and video games. But for you, I'll try to lighten up a bit. Pax? ;)
  • Like 1

Not all that serious just old and a bit jaded. I'm surrounded here as I type by thousands of science fiction paperbacks, magazines, dvds and video games. But for you, I'll try to lighten up a bit. Pax? ;)

Aww, that's ok John....you don't have to lighten up for little ol' me