Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
questionmark

Diners get discount for praying

9 posts in this topic

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Aug. 2 (UPI) -- The owner of a diner in North Carolina said she and her servers will often give customers a 15 percent discount for publicly praying before eating their meal.

Mary Haglund, owner of Mary's Gourmet Diner in Winston-Salem, said she's been giving the discount for four years, but the tradition made headlines last week after one customer posted her receipt on Facebook.

"For me, every plate of food is a gift," Haglund told The Blaze, confirming the practice. "And I never take that for granted and when I see someone in a restaurant honoring their gratefulness at my table ... it touches my heart."

1 person likes this

if every plate of food is a gift, then why not give it for free......ahhhh, profits are a gift too I suppose.

1 person likes this

I'm praying that the food doesn't kill me or make me sick. There's your prayer right there.

2 people like this

Blessings to the Earth, I thank her for her bounty, blessings to the sun for his golden kiss, blessings to the life that sustains us, may there be peace in the east, may there be peace in the south, may there be peace in the west, may there be peace in the north, as above, so below, So mote it be.

I bet that would get me a discount. (one way or another).

1 person likes this

Why, ohh why, do I think that if someone said an Islamic prayer or in fact any non-Christian prayer there'd be no discount?

How can food be a gift when you have to blinking pay for it?

The only person I thank when I've got a plate of grub in front of me is myself for earning the money to pay for it.

Oh, And my other half for cooking it, If I cooked I'd surely poison us all (Or that's what I let him think, Anyway).

TpVHSre.jpg
2 people like this

I'm praying that the food doesn't kill me or make me sick. There's your prayer right there.

Especially true for fast food chains. *cough* Expired meat. *cough* *cough* McDonald's. *cough* KFC. *cough*.

1 person likes this

lol, i don't think she'd appreciate this kind of prayer! :lol: