Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Ghost with axe’ spotted on old military ship

Brian Topp

A man clutching an axe inside an old military frigate doesn’t make for your typical ghost story, nor does it make typical fodder for an internet hoax.

But a photograph showing a ghostly figure with an axe in his hand aboard a decommissioned military vessel on a dry dock has gained a lot of traction on social media sites.

Stevgoldhound, who posted the picture on Imgur yesterday, claims it was taken by a colleague of his called John who works as a dock foreman.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/02/ghost-with-axe-spotted-on-old-military-ship-will-freak-you-out-4819357/

It looks just a living person with a rubber mask to me

• Like 4

"‘Ghost with axe’ spotted on old military ship will freak you out"

No. No it won't.

• Like 4

Haha, thats not a ghost, its a man, probably working.

That is not the light of a torch and that is not that old a ship.

• Like 6

If ghosts are 'dead people', how can it have an axe? Axe's dont die and become ghost axes now do they :lol:

• Like 7

Haha, thats not a ghost, its a man, probably working.

That is not the light of a torch and that is not that old a ship.

Yes you are right. that does not look like a old ship or even a military ship for that matter. Lots of wood panels and what appears to be aluminum trim. I am guessing it is a larger pleasure vessel and not a very ancient one at that.

If ghosts are 'dead people', how can it have an axe? Axe's dont die and become ghost axes now do they :lol:

Neither would clothing.

• Like 3

Trying to make Lizzie Borden jealous, are we?

Her ghost would kick the ass of that ghost!

• Like 1

love the red circle on the second picture.....

Edited by EzyEllis
  • Like 1

He'd have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling sceptics...should have used a rubber mask of a sheet over his head.

• Like 4

That has to be one of the worst "ghost" photos I have ever seen lol. I know it's only Metro but I still can't believe someone took the time to publish that haha.

• Like 2

As far as ghost pictures go its definitely clearer than most,unfortunately its a man not a ghost.

• Like 2

A ghost with an Axe isn't scary, its pretty cool. Now a cantankerous old man with an Axe, that's scary!

• Like 2

If thHow could anyone possibly jump to the conclusion that it's a ghost when it is obviously an alien!

Even I don't believe that. I think the people heard a noise and the worker did too and the photo happened. The worker went back to work or whatever. :/